Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process had multiple fairly simple rounds. The whole process is time consuming. For me:
1st round-phone screen
2nd round-online skills assessment
3rd round- second phone screen where the HR were haggling about salary.
4th round-live interview. They fly you into Wisconsin, put you up at a nice hotel, and on the day of the interview they will treat the whole lot of you like a herd of cattle.
Take this job if you have no other options, otherwise decline like I did.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in April 2017.

Interview

First step was an online skills assessment. I think this is where I went wrong as it is made to weed people out. There was a programming section and a couple logic sections. The phone interview was very casual and comfortable as I was speaking with one of the current project managers.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Everything you need to know is pretty much already on here. To add:

Assessments: took me around two hours, coding section was strange (I have no coding experience, thought it was 6/10 in difficulty), logic/math section felt SAT-level of difficulty. Just make sure you're in the right mental space to take a an exam. It's a bit challenging but totally doable.

Phone Screen: really informal, with current Project Manager, standard interview questions (How did you hear about Epic? Why Epic? What do you like to do? Why did you choose your major?), took 25 minutes.

On-Sight: Dinner the night before was nice and it got all basic questions out of the way. The actual day wasn't hard at all. They had us do group interviews, two individual interviews, a group case-study on a go-live scenario, and a 10 minute presentation. There was one 1:1, formal interview where they asked true interview questions, but the rest of the day was more like a big conversation where Epic just wanted to get to know you. Very relaxed dress code: I wore jeans and a nice sweater but would have also felt comfortable in business casual.

All the other reviews on here said the process was much faster than my process took. I was constantly worried they had forgotten about my application. I wish HR was more prompt, it would have made this easier.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage all the work you have to do?   Answer Question
    • How assertive are you on a scale of 1 to 10? What is an example of a time that you were very assertive?   Answer Question
    • What is a good and bad thing that each of your references would say about you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, pretty casual. Interview scheduled after recruiter reached out to me, due to GPA. Tone was very interested and casual, with a few emails from recruiter, then HR. After interview, it all cooled off.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 75% of time?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online (very simple - uploaded my resume). A few days later I was contacted to take a (very long) online assessment. After that, I was contacted again for a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. I turned down the offer for the final interview round.

Interview Questions

• What attracted me to Epic. What qualities I had that would aid in the position duties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview followed by a technical assessment. Last step was an onsite interview which had different case studies and multiple tours of epics campus. Its basically similar to a college campus with a lot of cool looking things. They're cafeteria is amazing. Advice would be just to be relaxed and make sure you're confident about what position you want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

A online assessment, phone interview precede going to the campus. They walk you around, then put you through a couple different individual interview sessions and one group dynamic test.They also expected you to perform an on-site presentation, presumably to show that you are capable of presenting to operations folks at their various customers.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First stage is a 30 minute phone interview and then a skills assessment test. The phone interview was with an actual Project Manager who spent a lot of time talking about the expectations of the job, the Epic Systems campus, and the job benefits. It's a good opportunity to ask an actual employee about their experiences with Epic. The assessments are focused on skills/personality and learning capabilities (one test teaches you a made-up programming language). The final step is an in-person interview in Madison with a 10 minute presentation. A dinner with an employee is also offered, and I'd recommend you take advantage of it because it does get added to your interview consideration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter. Was contacted within the next week to schedule a phone interview and do some logic testing. Phone interview was fine, the interviewer was professional. The logic testing was horrible though. EPIC uses a third-party testing company based oversees. The guy who was proctoring my test kept singing on his mic during the test, I don't think he realized it was on. Anyway, the company couldn't take the time to conduct testing through a professional source, so I informed them I was no longer interested in the position.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2016.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair, then I was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I took an online assessment. The online assessment was pretty difficult and it was really long.