Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

301 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I only had a telephone interview. It was short and concise. They did not really care so much about what my major was, just the experience. They also did not ask much about professional work experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on their website and was contacted for a phone interview about a week later. Phone interview was exactly like how its was described on Glassdoor. Afterwards there were 4 assessment tests and a personality test. I am only speculating that for the personality test they were looking for rule following drones.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

There is a serious of hoops to jump through. Easy online app, laid-back phone interview with existing PM, rigorous skills testing, and then an all-day F2F interview/tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• They provided case studies to show your ability to problem-solve increasingly escalated situations.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a multi-step process, of which I completed the first three. First, the application itself is simple: resume, transcripts, etc. The process after this went pretty quickly, I received email notifications and scheduled a phone interview and an online skill assessment exam. The phone interview was 30 minutes and besides a couple of basic questions was mostly an overview of the position and the responsibilities. The skill assessment had four parts, some of which were time limited, and basically were to test critical and analytical thinking skills. There was an additional personality quiz which was available after scheduling a phone interview as well.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website after getting a few emails from a recruiter. A couple days after I applied, I was contacted by another recruiter to schedule a phone interview and the infamous skills assessment---I scheduled both for the following week. I wasn't sure what to expect for the skills assessment, I just knew that most people did not get past this stage in the process. Like many before me have said, it included a quantitative, verbal, logic, and coding section. All sections were timed, some shorter than others. You can't really prepare for the skills assessment. Most of it is basic math/reading knowledge and common sense. I would suggest, however, making sure you have good internet connectivity and are mental prepared to take an "exam" for at least an hour. Please note that you CAN use scratch paper and a calculator...the people at ProctorU may tell you otherwise (although, I didn't end up needing it anyways). After the skills assessment, I had the phone interview. I spoke with a current employee. He asked me a few questions about why I had applied, what I majored in during college and why, and if I was willing to travel. Very straightforward. A few hours after my phone interview, I was invited for the onsite interview.

Epic does a great job making sure everything is organized for your onsite interview. Airfare, hotel, cab/taxi, food, etc. is all taken care of beforehand...and they even reimburse you for food bought on the way there/home. The night before the interview I was taken to a fancy-ish restaurant with one other candidate and a couple of employees. It was actually pretty fun---we mostly just talked about our backgrounds, what Epic was like, etc. Again, very fun and relaxed. Nothing to worry about here!

On the morning of the interview, a taxi will pick you and a few other candidates up from the hotel. Once you arrive at Epic, you will receive a personalized schedule. For me, I had a company overview and software demonstration first. Then I met with another current employee. This was more of a conversation and I could ask them anything I wanted about the job, traveling, Madison, life....The employee was very friendly. After this, I had a one-on-one interview with a different employee. He asked some behavioral questions (which are all over Glassdoor). It was very easy and lasted about 15 minutes. Then, I had a group 'case study' with two other candidates. We were given a scenario then had to prioritize issues and come up with a plan for one of our 'clients.' The scenario is pretty straightforward, and it was surprisingly easy to work with the other candidates. I was expecting that one of the other candidates would take lead and dominate the exercise, but it was actually a collaborative attempt. We took turns coming up with ideas and presenting our thoughts. My advice for this case study is to forget that the other people you are with are candidates. Go in with a collaborative mindset, rather than competitive. Take lead for a portion of the presentation, but also be respectful of your peers. Also, speak up when you are presenting your ideas. Answer any of their questions with confidence!

After the group case study, we went to lunch as a group; a few candidates, myself, and one employee (They aren't lying when they say the food is good). Once that was over, I gave my 10-minute presentation to HR and two other employees. I suggest picking a topic you find interesting and can answer questions about afterwards. I wouldn't recommend a narrow-minded topic (i.e. super specific technology or biological process). Pick something that is known to the public, but put a twist/different perspective on it. Most importantly, just be confident! They make it a low-stress situation. I also suggest making handouts or having some type of demonstration to keep the group engaged.

After the presentation, I met with my HR recruiter, where we discussed salary, starting date, relocation information, etc. He also asked some unusual behavioral/personality questions (5 things you are not, assertiveness, collaboration, etc.). A week or so later, I was called with the offer.

At a high level, my advice would be to just be yourself. I know it sounds cliche, but I really mean it. Focus on the assessments (mentally prepare---but honestly no need to study). Once you get past those, research the company, search through Glassdoor, and prepare for all of the questions you expect to see. Once you are onsite, be confident. It is a bit tiring because you have to be "on" for 6 or so hours. You will be by yourself for a few minutes during the day, so take that time to breathe and relax. You aren't guaranteed a job offer after the onsite (I think), but if you go in prepared (research the company) and outwardly show enthusiasm for the company, you should be just fine. Lastly, casual dress code really does mean casual. Don't look sloppy though.

Interview Questions

• Every single question I was asked can be found here on Glassdoor. Sometimes they will ask tricky behavioral questions, and you won't be sure how to answer. Just be confident, justify your answer, and take your time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

A very brief and easy online application. Then a basic phone interview with all of the basic questions like "why Epic," and "where do you see yourself in 5 years." Then a very annoying 2-hour online cognitive test. Then an in-person waste of 5 hours. You learn about the company and how the software works, meet with many people for 1-on-1 interviews, give a 10 minute presentation on anything where they interrupt you with irrelevant questions to see how you handle that, a tour, and a group problem solving session to see how you problem solve and work in groups.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about one of your recent supervisors>   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I was contacted via phone by a current employee who asked questions about my background, expertise, interest, etc. Most of the time was dedicated to her telling me about life at Epic and the requirements and expectations of the job. The whole experience was not too stressful, as the interviewer had a friendly demeanor and was open to answering any questions I had about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was very easy and only 20-30 minutes. There was a logic/math/personality testing section you had to complete over ProctorU and it was not overly difficult, but someone told me that it knocks out about 70% of applicants. After, they flew me to Madison for an on-campus interview. It was 8:30 am - 2 pm and consisted of a few interviews, a presentation, a case, and a tour of the campus. Very beautiful campus and it was fun to engage with current employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview is super easy just to get to know about the company. No tough questions at all. 2 online tests they send you afterwards. One looks at personality and basic problem-solving questions. The other is a watered down GRE with some coding at the end. Nothing super challenging but very important. If they like you they'll invite you up to Madison for an in-person interview. Immersive total day interview that introduces you to the technology, company, and culture. Two interviews, a group scenario, and mini-tour.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Fairly Straightforward interview with typical questions (Name a time you went above and beyond, had a conflict, etc.) Interview was with a current project manager who provided insight on the job description, culture, living in "Madison" etc.