Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2016.

Interview

There are three parts to the Interview Process. I am currently on the 2nd part (Technical Assessment).
The first part was a 30 minutes phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple, easy questions. The conversation was pretty casual. I will be doing the Technical assessment very soon. I heard from others that they will be testing basic logic and a bit of programing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I first interviewed over the phone, this lasted less than 20 minutes and was a phone screen. The questions were extremely simple and straightforward. The interviewer sounded disinterested in my answers.

I advanced to the skills test, which I was worried about because of my lack of coding knowledge (0 experience). However, the test could certainly be completed without any knowledge of any coding language, just be on your "A Game" and answer the questions logically.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to travel? How much?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Apply online, take assessment test, come to Madison for interview. The interview day is very fun if you don't get too stressed out for interviews. There will most likely be a large number of other people interviewing at the same time and Epic really cares about treating potential hires very well. The day of the interview is somewhat tiring as it lasts from 8 AM until late in the afternoon with several different interviews, role playing exercises, presentations, etc.

Interview Questions

• I don't know if there were any very difficult questions, it was more your willingness to speak up, have confidence, and show desirable project manager traits   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I applied through my university career website as well as on their website. They contacted me and we set up a phone interview. All of the interview questions can be found by going through glassdoor... The interviewer is a current project manager and the one I had was very nice and friendly. Afterwards, if you get to the next step, they will want you to take their online assessment. Even if you don't have a IT/computer science background, it's pretty easy. However, if you are applying to be a project manager, make sure that you go through the test fairly fast even if it means some errors.. I took way too long and HR basically called me and told me to apply for a different position because they thought it would suit me better (they said I wouldn't have to go through this application process again if I chose to take the other position because I already did it..). They seemed like a nice company.

Interview Questions

• See all the other glassdoor interview reviews.. basically same questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I only made it through the first three steps. First, I applied online and they emailed me back immediately wanting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well so they asked me to complete online skills assessments. Some of it was coding questions, which I have zero experience with but I thought the critical thinking questions weren't too bad. I must have not done very good on the testing though because it was after that point that I was rejected and not asked for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• On the skills assessment they asked critical thinking questions like: Bob works for Company A. Jim works for Company B. Company A employs only pilots. Based off of the information, indicate whether the statement is definitely true, definitely false or not enough information: Jim is a pilot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the job board on my school's career site. The phone interview was just asking basic questions--more telling me what the job/company is like than asking me questions about myself. As a liberal arts major with no exposure to programming, i found the skills assessment a bit challenging. If you SUCK at math like me, then don't waste your time applying. The test was four hours long, and I've read on reddit that their pass score is kinda low. Got an email a week and a half later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Interview process was long. Heard back quickly from the company since they were recruiting at our college. Sent in resume to their online system. Had to go through a online personality type test, then phone interview with someone in the current position, then complete a proctored skills assessment which was really long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and actually took less time than I thought it would. After applying online, they emailed me within 48-72 hours asking to schedule a phone interview with a current PM. The phone interview was pretty casual and conversational, nothing to be super concerned about and it lasted about 30 minutes.

After the phone interview they ask you to complete the Epic Skills Assessment. This must be done through the ProctorU service where they take control of your webcam to make sure you're not cheating or using materials they do not allow. The Skills Assessment took me about 2-2.5 hours. It's not the easiest test I've ever taken and it definitely helps to have a bit of programming experience. They don't ask you to code anything, but there is a technical section that uses quite a bit of syntax that programmers will be familiar with (operators, Boolean, etc.).

Here's why I say the process moved more quickly than I expected: I had my phone interview Wednesday, took my Skills Assessment Thursday night, and received a call asking me to come to Madison for the onsite on Friday morning. For the onsite interview, they expect you to present a 10 minute presentation on a topic of your choice. Be prepared to answer questions on the topic and make sure you stick to your time limit. They will give you a tour of Epic, feed you, answer any questions, the whole nine yards. It really is a pretty pleasant experience if you can get over the nerves of being at an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in three years? Why Epic? What do you know of Epic?   Answer Question

Decided that I did not want to move to Madison.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was in two weeks. phone interview, assessment. Thought I did well but ultimately did not make the cut. I am not sure how they assess and pick as their employees but I might have not been the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in five years   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a really simple online application, then a phone interview, they ask you to complete a skills assessment online which is proctored, and then I believe you have an in-person interview next. The skills assessment was very difficult for someone with no coding experience and who is not strong at math.

Interview Questions

• What is the deciding factor if you had to choose between two job offers?   Answer Question