Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

330 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview: I do not remember specifics about the phone interview. I remember I talked to a women on the phone and she asked me to tell her about my background, my story essentially, interests, likes, etc. Then I spent some time asking her about her background. I remember the conversation largely being informal but I cannot remember what specific questions she asked, although I'm sure she did. Probably about where I see myself in 5 years, etc. Standard questions. Why I wanted to work at Epic, or what I was interested in. I'm not sure the process is still the same but the phone interview was pretty standard.

In-person interview: This was a much more intense process. All day, included multiple tests, scenarios, case interviews with another candidate, a 10-minute presentation, a 2 minute speed math test

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Didn't get the on-site. I guess I didn't pass the assessment. It was pretty difficult, especially the programming section. I had no experience with programming. I did do a phone interview and was told to wait to hear back further. Maybe a week later, I heard back that I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then was flown to WI for a 2-day interview. I had a dinner with current employees which was helpful to be able to talk to them in a relatively stress-free environment.

Interview Questions

• Analytical, math, writing and personality tests. I was also told to prepare a PowerPoint presentation that I needed to present to a room of about 7 people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

The reviews on here are all very accurate and helpful when entering Epic's hiring process. I initially applied online (very easy application- pretty much just upload your resume). After a few days, I was contacted to set up a 30min phone interview with a Project Manager. During the phone interview, we talked about my resume and experiences, the project manager position and what it entails, and then the remainder of the time was for any questions that I had. After the phone interview, I was contacted to do online assessments which took about 2 hours to complete via a Proctor website. Then I was contacted to come in to Epic for an in-person interview. Onsite I had 2 interviews (1 with a project manager and 1 with an HR Recruiter), a case study, and gave a short presentation on whatever topic I desired. In addition, we were given a demo of the software, a tour of the campus, and lunch. If you read these reviews, prepare for your presentation, and have a good attitude, the day will be fine! Everyone I met was very nice and friendly and I enjoyed the day (although it got pretty tiring by the end). Good luck!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2010.

Interview

Online application with a initial test upon submission. Followed up promptly with email the next week to set up phone interview. Phone interview was 30 minutes with a current employee, not with HR - gave some perspective on their job role and how they like the company and working there. Then came onsite for the in person interview - it was a half-day long process with a pre-prepared presentation, group interview/overview of the role and additional testing and 1:1 interaction with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2010.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me which lead to an initial phone interview. She immediately invited me to the campus for an interview. They flew me out to Madison, and I was there for a couple of days. There was an informal dinner the night before the interview with a group of recruits and a current employee.
    The next day, they sent a taxi to drive a group of us to the campus. We attended a presentation where they explained their software and more details about the company. They gave us a tour of the campus (amazing), and had lunch in the cafeteria with some current employees.
    After lunch, I had my first interview with a current project manager. It was mainly a case analysis, and I was asked to give my opinion on what I would do if I was the project manager in the given situation. I was given 10-15 minutes to read over the case and organize my thoughts. I then had to discuss my reasoning with the interviewer.
    After the case study, I had to give a presentation to a group. I was also interviewing for a "teaching role", so my presentation had to be 20 minutes long, and it could be about anything I wanted. I just had to teach the group something.
    After the presentation, I had another interview. It was more traditional, focused on behavioral based questions. It lasted maybe 20-30 minutes.
    After that interview, I had to take an IQ test.
    After that, they called a taxi, and I was driven to the airport.

Interview Questions

• There was a case study that I was not prepared as much as I should have been.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Overall I thought the process was very thorough. The initial personality profile was interesting and pretty straight forward. The next step of a phone interview consisted of pretty basic questions with a current project manager. The programming test was a little difficult. I'd recommend brushing up on some basic math!

Interview Questions

• I thought the programming test was a bit difficult. In a way it was similar to the math section of the GRE.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Originally applied for Project Manager, but they decided to have me additionally interview for a recruiting position, without my knowledge. After a quick, friendly Skype interview, they flew me out to the campus in Madison. It was a day-long interview, with many informal meetings. The oddest part was that they seemed to pair everyone together, perhaps to create some tension and give each person a chance to showcase their competitive drive. I think that I had two interviews with another girl: Interviewer would ask a question, other girl would answer and then I would answer. Also, we had to give a 10-minute presentation on anything that we wanted and you were not allowed to use a PowerPoint presentation. They grill you with questions during and after, but as long as you are talking about something you know a lot about, it should be no issue.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was completely off the wall from what I remember. I do recall there being a few oddball personality questions, like, "If you could be a breakfast cereal, which one would you be?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter for another position (keeping the details somewhat vague so I don't out myself). After applying I was switched to a project manager candidate. Standard process:
    1 - Phone interview which went decent
    2 - Proctored testing. The programming test isn't really programming heavy, most of the tests are just logic related.
    3 - In person interviews. There were about 4-5 interviews I think, a presentation, software demo, tour. Hotel was awesome, and the dinner was cool. Most people you meet will be pretty socially awkward, get used to it. The exception is project managers. If you aren't very outgoing and extraverted you probably won't be selected for implementation.

I got an offer for a third position about 1-2 weeks after the interview process. Don't be surprised or offended if you end up in another position you didn't initially apply for. They do a good job of matching candidates up with jobs that will be the most mutually beneficial, and I'm kinda glad I didn't end up a project manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have ranges for each role and you'll get something in the range based on your interview process scores and background.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Was contacted by EPIC from my resume on career builder. Flown out to Madison, WI to interview at headquarters. Interviews and exercises lasted almost all day. Many other candidates were there from all different backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• If you are the Project Manager and everyone on your team disagrees with one of your decision, what do you do?   Answer Question