Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2010.

Interview

Online application with a initial test upon submission. Followed up promptly with email the next week to set up phone interview. Phone interview was 30 minutes with a current employee, not with HR - gave some perspective on their job role and how they like the company and working there. Then came onsite for the in person interview - it was a half-day long process with a pre-prepared presentation, group interview/overview of the role and additional testing and 1:1 interaction with HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2010.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me which lead to an initial phone interview. She immediately invited me to the campus for an interview. They flew me out to Madison, and I was there for a couple of days. There was an informal dinner the night before the interview with a group of recruits and a current employee.
    The next day, they sent a taxi to drive a group of us to the campus. We attended a presentation where they explained their software and more details about the company. They gave us a tour of the campus (amazing), and had lunch in the cafeteria with some current employees.
    After lunch, I had my first interview with a current project manager. It was mainly a case analysis, and I was asked to give my opinion on what I would do if I was the project manager in the given situation. I was given 10-15 minutes to read over the case and organize my thoughts. I then had to discuss my reasoning with the interviewer.
    After the case study, I had to give a presentation to a group. I was also interviewing for a "teaching role", so my presentation had to be 20 minutes long, and it could be about anything I wanted. I just had to teach the group something.
    After the presentation, I had another interview. It was more traditional, focused on behavioral based questions. It lasted maybe 20-30 minutes.
    After that interview, I had to take an IQ test.
    After that, they called a taxi, and I was driven to the airport.

Interview Questions

• There was a case study that I was not prepared as much as I should have been.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Overall I thought the process was very thorough. The initial personality profile was interesting and pretty straight forward. The next step of a phone interview consisted of pretty basic questions with a current project manager. The programming test was a little difficult. I'd recommend brushing up on some basic math!

Interview Questions

• I thought the programming test was a bit difficult. In a way it was similar to the math section of the GRE.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Originally applied for Project Manager, but they decided to have me additionally interview for a recruiting position, without my knowledge. After a quick, friendly Skype interview, they flew me out to the campus in Madison. It was a day-long interview, with many informal meetings. The oddest part was that they seemed to pair everyone together, perhaps to create some tension and give each person a chance to showcase their competitive drive. I think that I had two interviews with another girl: Interviewer would ask a question, other girl would answer and then I would answer. Also, we had to give a 10-minute presentation on anything that we wanted and you were not allowed to use a PowerPoint presentation. They grill you with questions during and after, but as long as you are talking about something you know a lot about, it should be no issue.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was completely off the wall from what I remember. I do recall there being a few oddball personality questions, like, "If you could be a breakfast cereal, which one would you be?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter for another position (keeping the details somewhat vague so I don't out myself). After applying I was switched to a project manager candidate. Standard process:
    1 - Phone interview which went decent
    2 - Proctored testing. The programming test isn't really programming heavy, most of the tests are just logic related.
    3 - In person interviews. There were about 4-5 interviews I think, a presentation, software demo, tour. Hotel was awesome, and the dinner was cool. Most people you meet will be pretty socially awkward, get used to it. The exception is project managers. If you aren't very outgoing and extraverted you probably won't be selected for implementation.

I got an offer for a third position about 1-2 weeks after the interview process. Don't be surprised or offended if you end up in another position you didn't initially apply for. They do a good job of matching candidates up with jobs that will be the most mutually beneficial, and I'm kinda glad I didn't end up a project manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have ranges for each role and you'll get something in the range based on your interview process scores and background.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Was contacted by EPIC from my resume on career builder. Flown out to Madison, WI to interview at headquarters. Interviews and exercises lasted almost all day. Many other candidates were there from all different backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• If you are the Project Manager and everyone on your team disagrees with one of your decision, what do you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in December 2012.

Interview

Feel like a number. Very corporate. Hiring like mad.
    Unnecessary testing for logic.

Interview Questions

• How much do you participate in meetings percentage wise? What would you do if you are a leader and your team doesnt support your decision? Vice versa   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in November 2012.

Interview

Epic contacted me since I had been recommended to them. I submitted my resume and a brief cover letter. Then they asked me to complete an online profile and personality test and a basic skills test for math, critical reading/grammar, and coding. I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes that was very informal. Finally, they flew me out to WI for an in-person interview that lasted all day, including a tour of the campus and software, a 10-minute presentation by me, and interviews with several Epic employees. Overall, the process preceding the in-person interview is quite lengthy but not very difficult. The in-person interview is much more demanding.

Interview Questions

• "Name 5 things that you are not."

This was a weird question in my opinion. I am used to answering strength/weakness questions, but it makes more sense to ask someone to describe him/herself using positive characteristics. I ended up answering this by thinking of qualities that describe me and saying that I am not the opposite of those. For example, I am a punctual person, so I said that I am not comfortable being late.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

The process is very straightforward, but a little lengthy. I initially submitted my application online for Project Manager. I was contacted within a few days to set-up a phone interview and do a Rembrandt questionnaire. Before the phone interview, I was asked to submit a timed writing sample. The prompt was given to me at the time of the testing. After finding out that I passed the tests and phone interview, I was contacted to set-up a proctored exam. Luckily, I was able to take it with students at my school. The test was pretty basic, logical reasoning problems, verbal and programming. Programming for me was an optional test. After I found out that I passed this portion, I was contacted to interview on site in Madison. The day of interviews is pretty intense and lengthy, but overall, it's a really positive experience. Be well-prepared for behavioral questions as well as follow-up questions. Some people have to give a presentation, but HR will let you know beforehand if that's necessary. If you are interested in a position other than the one they want to hire you for, make sure and let them know.

Interview Questions

• The presentation isn't difficult as you know about it beforehand and you get to pick the topic. Just make sure that you don't let your "audience" (3 people) fluster you with their questions. Be well-prepared to talk about yourself and "imagine" yourself in situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was exactly how everyone described it here on Glassdoor. If you pass the phone interview, then you'll be flown out to Madison to go through the intensive in person interview process. If you want a solid chance then you should really prepare for all of the questions mentioned on this website, be ready for the presentation, and most importantly, be yourself! (Well if being yourself means outgoing and enthusiastic). As far as the standardized tests, just do your best.

I felt I nailed certain parts of the interview process, but I wasn't at the top of my game towards the tail end of the long day. I tried, but just couldn't pull it off after hours on end of standardized tests, tours, presentations, case studies, etc. And unfortunately for me, the last part was probably the most important part since I was interviewing 1 on 1 with the HRM who most likely made the final decision.