Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2018

351 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by online aptitude test. Then they flew me up to Madison for a day long interview that including case studies where you work in a group. Pretty low key interview day, company has no dress code.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer was insisting on doing something that you knew wouldn't work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

The phone interview was more informal than I thought, helped to learn the role better. The profile assessment that I completed before the interview was actually kind of fun to take. The turn around time from when I applied and got a phone interview was only a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Company flew lots of people out to their HQ. Had dinner with some existing team members, then interviews the next day. Multiple interviews and information sessions during.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on how you would deal with a client in a given situation. Some were two on one interviews with another candidate, which was weird.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process for Epic can take a long while from when you first apply.
    Phase 1, a phone screening (short 10 minute conversation over the phone) took place approximately 1 week after applying online.
    About another week later, I was notified by email to take a skills assessment (programming skills and math/reading skills)--- the programming skills assessment is more important if you are looking for a more technical project manager role, rather than a software implementation role.
    Two weeks after this assessment, I was invited to take a personality test as part of the screening process. About a week and a half later, I was notified of a hiring freeze, but that Epic would be holding on to my application. A month or so later, I was contacted by phone with an invitation to go to Epic headquarters for an interview.

The in-person interview process is a day long event- the first part of the morning is dedicated to learning more about Epic as a company, benefits, etc. Next, there are breakout sessions where applicants can ask questions about the job/work environment. Towards noon there a problem solving session where you and another applicant are evaluated by an experienced employee on case studies of how you would handle certain situations. After this, there was a personal discussion with another employee, this time 1:1 where they asked questions related to professional goals and interpersonal working styles. A small break for lunch (free of charge) proceeded with one more short conversational type screening and then there was a final presentation that you prepare ahead of time with a duration of 10 minutes. This is presented to a panel of employees in addition to your main HR person with whom you have a final 30 minute "traditional" job interview at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Q: If there was someone on your team who was chronically underperforming, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an online exam. Was hard and rejected at that stage. Decided to apply again about 5 months later for the same position, but this time they invited me directly for an on site interview. Q&A session, group case, 2 individual interviews, and a 10 minute presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was super easy, just talking to someone who has the job currently. Assessment is annoying. In person interview is long and tiring but no part of the day is particularly tricky

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied online. Within two hours I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. Then took the personality test and the proctored online skills assessment. Then the day after the phone interview I received an email saying they would like to bring me to Wisconsin to interview for both the project manager and technical problem solver role. Skills assessment was tough but there was nothing you could study for, just quick math skills and logical reasoning. Phone interview was very casual and helped clarify the role of the project manager.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple offers, what criteria would you base your decision off of?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Application on-line, then an email to take an on-line personality profile test about a week later. Took the personality profile test with forced choices. About another week and received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview with a person in the department after to get an additional flavor for me and answer any questions. Received a third email asking to set up an assessment test that 'everyone' must take. Took the test and two weeks later received an email telling me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be good in this position? What is your experience related to it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

They got back to me within a few days after submitting my resume to schedule a phone interview and skills assessments. The phone interview was relatively straightforward and casual. You speak to a current project manager and it's a good opportunity to learn more about the role while they also learn more about how you would fit into the company. I found the skills assessments to be fairly difficult, but not impossible, SAT style questions. Overall I had a good experience with Epic's interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Easy online application, followed by online testing to test math/problem-solving skills and phone interview with a PM that tells you more about the role and asks some behavior questions. On-site interview was day long process, met other candidates and many current PMs, included group case study project, tour of campus, and a ten-minute presentation on a topic of your choice.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What are factors most important to you in selecting a job? How would you handle a disagreement with a team member? What are five things you are not?   Answer Question