Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview is in rounds, last all day.
I work at epic currently and thought the interview process was much easier than the actual job. If I could do it over I would be in a different application.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the job board on my school's career site. The phone interview was just asking basic questions--more telling me what the job/company is like than asking me questions about myself. As a liberal arts major with no exposure to programming, i found the skills assessment a bit challenging. If you SUCK at math like me, then don't waste your time applying. The test was four hours long, and I've read on reddit that their pass score is kinda low. Got an email a week and a half later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Apply online, take assessment test, come to Madison for interview. The interview day is very fun if you don't get too stressed out for interviews. There will most likely be a large number of other people interviewing at the same time and Epic really cares about treating potential hires very well. The day of the interview is somewhat tiring as it lasts from 8 AM until late in the afternoon with several different interviews, role playing exercises, presentations, etc.

Interview Questions

• I don't know if there were any very difficult questions, it was more your willingness to speak up, have confidence, and show desirable project manager traits   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, then you need to take online tests, which cover math, grammar, etc. After the test, they email you for an on-site interview, which was awesome. Campus was beautiful, everything about it seemed very nice (I drank the kool-aid.) It was very easy-going and casual interview. Unfortunately, I did not get the offer, but I highly recommend others to give it a try

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Epic was very quick and efficient in scheduling the interview process. They ask for a skills assessment exam (which should take about 2 hours) and a quick profile (which should take about 20 minutes) to be completed within 5 days after they have contacted you. The exam includes logic questions and some basic math questions, with some parts of it timed. The questions varied in difficulty, and some of them were quite hard. It took me longer than 2 hours to complete the exam, and I was unable to finish the timed parts of the exam (which I understand to be pretty common). It was a bit uneasy to take the exam, as it was proctored at home through the computer web-cam (although you also have the option to go to a 'nearby' location to take the exam). There is no real prep work you can do for the exam, but I would suggest taking it in the manner you would a standardized test to make sure you can focus for a long period of time.

The interview itself was about 30 minutes on the phone, and the employee I spoke with was young, very kind, and easy to talk to. It was a very low-pressure interview, mainly going over your resume and discussing why you want to work at Epic. They will likely choose a particularly interesting part on your resume for them, such as a class choice or study abroad, to discuss more fully. As traveling is a big part of the job, it would be good to emphasize your experiences with it. After the interview, they contact you within a week or two with a response to your application. If you make it to the next steps, they inform you as to what those will be. I didn't get to these next steps, so I am not sure what those are or how long the entire process would take. I think the interview went well, but I wish I had taken the exam a bit more seriously at the time I took it, which may have ended up being a determining factor as to why I didn't get an offer.

Overall, I am still very happy with the interview process. Having quick responses from Epic made it very satisfying, and it seems they have a great team. Good luck to those applying!

Interview Questions

• One of the harder questions they asked was 'If given multiple job offers, what would be the determining factor in your choice.'   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I applied through my university career website as well as on their website. They contacted me and we set up a phone interview. All of the interview questions can be found by going through glassdoor... The interviewer is a current project manager and the one I had was very nice and friendly. Afterwards, if you get to the next step, they will want you to take their online assessment. Even if you don't have a IT/computer science background, it's pretty easy. However, if you are applying to be a project manager, make sure that you go through the test fairly fast even if it means some errors.. I took way too long and HR basically called me and told me to apply for a different position because they thought it would suit me better (they said I wouldn't have to go through this application process again if I chose to take the other position because I already did it..). They seemed like a nice company.

Interview Questions

• See all the other glassdoor interview reviews.. basically same questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2016.

Interview

The initial phone interview was easy and I was asked basic questions about my background and experience. Before the phone interview I was required to complete lengthy assessments which included behavioral/ personality questions as well as critical thinking, math, and computer coding components which I found to be very challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I only made it through the first three steps. First, I applied online and they emailed me back immediately wanting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well so they asked me to complete online skills assessments. Some of it was coding questions, which I have zero experience with but I thought the critical thinking questions weren't too bad. I must have not done very good on the testing though because it was after that point that I was rejected and not asked for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• On the skills assessment they asked critical thinking questions like: Bob works for Company A. Jim works for Company B. Company A employs only pilots. Based off of the information, indicate whether the statement is definitely true, definitely false or not enough information: Jim is a pilot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online (standard personal information, preferences, cover letter, resume) and then had a phone interview. I also completed online aptitude and personality tests. I'm currently waiting to hear back and am hoping that I am selected for an on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application, I got an email response that evening asking me to schedule a phone interview. It was about 30 minutes long and was very relaxed. Next I did the online tests. A few days later I got a call asking if I would like to go to Madison for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was fun. We met with other Project Managers and were told about the job. We had a group scenario where we had to solve a problem together. Next we interviewed with a Project Manager, then gave our ten minute presentation, then interviewed with HR. Afterwards we had lunch in the Epic cafeteria and had a tour of a few of the buildings on campus. Two weeks later I got a phone call from Epic saying that they wanted to have me onboard, BUT, they didn't have any positions open right now. They told me that I would get a call back in 4-6 weeks. They expect to have more positions available in a few months... Waiting to see for an official offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had a situation where your entire team disagreed with you on how to proceed, what would you do? Would you go with the group or would you go with your own decision?   1 Answer