Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

301 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Interview process was long. Heard back quickly from the company since they were recruiting at our college. Sent in resume to their online system. Had to go through a online personality type test, then phone interview with someone in the current position, then complete a proctored skills assessment which was really long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and actually took less time than I thought it would. After applying online, they emailed me within 48-72 hours asking to schedule a phone interview with a current PM. The phone interview was pretty casual and conversational, nothing to be super concerned about and it lasted about 30 minutes.

After the phone interview they ask you to complete the Epic Skills Assessment. This must be done through the ProctorU service where they take control of your webcam to make sure you're not cheating or using materials they do not allow. The Skills Assessment took me about 2-2.5 hours. It's not the easiest test I've ever taken and it definitely helps to have a bit of programming experience. They don't ask you to code anything, but there is a technical section that uses quite a bit of syntax that programmers will be familiar with (operators, Boolean, etc.).

Here's why I say the process moved more quickly than I expected: I had my phone interview Wednesday, took my Skills Assessment Thursday night, and received a call asking me to come to Madison for the onsite on Friday morning. For the onsite interview, they expect you to present a 10 minute presentation on a topic of your choice. Be prepared to answer questions on the topic and make sure you stick to your time limit. They will give you a tour of Epic, feed you, answer any questions, the whole nine yards. It really is a pretty pleasant experience if you can get over the nerves of being at an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in three years? Why Epic? What do you know of Epic?   Answer Question

Decided that I did not want to move to Madison.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was in two weeks. phone interview, assessment. Thought I did well but ultimately did not make the cut. I am not sure how they assess and pick as their employees but I might have not been the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in five years   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a really simple online application, then a phone interview, they ask you to complete a skills assessment online which is proctored, and then I believe you have an in-person interview next. The skills assessment was very difficult for someone with no coding experience and who is not strong at math.

Interview Questions

• What is the deciding factor if you had to choose between two job offers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application, I got an email response that evening asking me to schedule a phone interview. It was about 30 minutes long and was very relaxed. Next I did the online tests. A few days later I got a call asking if I would like to go to Madison for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was fun. We met with other Project Managers and were told about the job. We had a group scenario where we had to solve a problem together. Next we interviewed with a Project Manager, then gave our ten minute presentation, then interviewed with HR. Afterwards we had lunch in the Epic cafeteria and had a tour of a few of the buildings on campus. Two weeks later I got a phone call from Epic saying that they wanted to have me onboard, BUT, they didn't have any positions open right now. They told me that I would get a call back in 4-6 weeks. They expect to have more positions available in a few months... Waiting to see for an official offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had a situation where your entire team disagreed with you on how to proceed, what would you do? Would you go with the group or would you go with your own decision?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online (standard personal information, preferences, cover letter, resume) and then had a phone interview. I also completed online aptitude and personality tests. I'm currently waiting to hear back and am hoping that I am selected for an on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Epic was very quick and efficient in scheduling the interview process. They ask for a skills assessment exam (which should take about 2 hours) and a quick profile (which should take about 20 minutes) to be completed within 5 days after they have contacted you. The exam includes logic questions and some basic math questions, with some parts of it timed. The questions varied in difficulty, and some of them were quite hard. It took me longer than 2 hours to complete the exam, and I was unable to finish the timed parts of the exam (which I understand to be pretty common). It was a bit uneasy to take the exam, as it was proctored at home through the computer web-cam (although you also have the option to go to a 'nearby' location to take the exam). There is no real prep work you can do for the exam, but I would suggest taking it in the manner you would a standardized test to make sure you can focus for a long period of time.

The interview itself was about 30 minutes on the phone, and the employee I spoke with was young, very kind, and easy to talk to. It was a very low-pressure interview, mainly going over your resume and discussing why you want to work at Epic. They will likely choose a particularly interesting part on your resume for them, such as a class choice or study abroad, to discuss more fully. As traveling is a big part of the job, it would be good to emphasize your experiences with it. After the interview, they contact you within a week or two with a response to your application. If you make it to the next steps, they inform you as to what those will be. I didn't get to these next steps, so I am not sure what those are or how long the entire process would take. I think the interview went well, but I wish I had taken the exam a bit more seriously at the time I took it, which may have ended up being a determining factor as to why I didn't get an offer.

Overall, I am still very happy with the interview process. Having quick responses from Epic made it very satisfying, and it seems they have a great team. Good luck to those applying!

Interview Questions

• One of the harder questions they asked was 'If given multiple job offers, what would be the determining factor in your choice.'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

A online assessment, phone interview precede going to the campus. They walk you around, then put you through a couple different individual interview sessions and one group dynamic test.They also expected you to perform an on-site presentation, presumably to show that you are capable of presenting to operations folks at their various customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I only had a telephone interview. It was short and concise. They did not really care so much about what my major was, just the experience. They also did not ask much about professional work experience.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview and online skills assessment. Phone interview was very casual and a little underwhelming to be honest. Most of the questions were about why you majored in your field, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc. but nothing about your past experiences, weaknesses, strengths, etc. A good portion of the time was spent on describing the company and the position. The online skills assessment company was pretty difficult and hard to prepare for. The questions ranged from fairly easy, few tricky logic puzzles, and pseudo-coding.