Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Preliminary Application
2. Rembrandt Profile
3. Phone Interview
4. Skills Assessment
5. On-site Interview - Consists of a case-study interview, a 10-minute presentation, an interview with HR, a couple Q&A/ Demonstrations from Epic Staff.

Epic's campus is absolutely amazing - the architecture is ridiculously nice, and the employees get to help decorate it. From what I have seen so far, the people are pretty young (35 year olds looked ancient), there is no dress code, the food in the cafeteria is amazing, and Madison/Verona are also awesome (in the summertime). The presentation wasn't too bad - everyone was nice and didn't try to mess you up. They really just want to get a feel for who you are as a person. So don't just be yourself - be your best self.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied to Epic through my college's career website and was emailed to schedule a video interview about a week later. The video interview was with a recruiter and seemed more awkward than a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice, however, and asked me basic questions about my resume, what kind of job I would like at Epic (between Project Manager/Recruiter) and told me more about the company. I was then invited to come to Madison two weeks later for a final round interview. The final round interview consisted of a case study, presentation, three intelligence tests, and a personal interview. I did not receive an offer and was informed via phone call about two weeks after my on-site interview. The experience was okay, but I am not upset that I wasn't given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name five words that do not describe you   1 Answer
    • How often do you take a leadership role when working with a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

I read over every single post prior to interviewing with Epic and the reviews are spot on! Let me start by saying the interviewing process is intense but well worth it even if you are not extended an offer. Once you have gone through their process you are prepared to take on any interview.

Tips and advice:

1. Don't stress about the presentation! You are in a room with three very friendly and engaging people. Don't try and dazzle them with your software or management knowledge and experience but rather present to them on something you enjoy and are extremely knowledeable. There were people presenting on zombies who got an offer so, as I said, don't fret about the topic just focus on your presentation skills. **Bring props!**

2. If you dislike standardized tests, you are in for a treat! I am personally not bad at standardized tests as I have taken the LSAT and scored quite well on it. I am, however, terrible at tests where I have no time to prepare for them. They are not basic math problems but rather quite tricky Math and English questions. You might wonder how English/ reaidng comprehension questions could be challanging- but they are!

3. Don't bank on an offer. They fly 85% of their candidates out to Madison, so it doesn't mean they are very serious about you. Im surprised they can afford to spend that kind of money on applicants. You will be up against students from top schools such as Harvard and Stanford, so in my eyes its not the end of the world if you don't get an offer. Go learn about Epic, do your best, and HAVE FUN!

I thought I was quite a strong candidate with having a high GPA and experience with 2 fortune 100 companies, but they are looking for something very specific- I couldn't tell you what. I don't think anyone but HR really knows.

**If you are up for a challange and you are ready to accept a job that requires you to work 60+ hours a week for only 60 grand this is the place for you! The average time a Project Manager stays with the company is about 2 years as they burn out quite quickly. You get a lot of experience under your belt quite fast but this is not a place to settle down with but rather a stepping stone into getting a position with a company like Cisco or HP.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 things you are not. (Related to professional life not personal)   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a Doctor who has a lot of experience and is resistant to learning the new technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

1st round: Epic HR e-mailed to schedule for a phone interview -which went really smoothly.
    2nd round: Computerized test: The first half of the test was similar to the GRE quant questions, The second half was all programing, and I think I did horribly hence did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

The overall process was pretty intensive, as can be seen by what the interview consisted of. The company seems to be very relaxed and very youth-focused, which is what I really liked. The programming test was simply the worst, though. One of the people who sat in on my presentation wasn't one of the nicest people I ever met, though. It would've been great to work with Epic, but it is how it is. I got to fly out to Madison for free, so hey. Can't really complain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

I just posted my incredibly qualified resume on careerbuilder and an HR recruiter from EPIC emailed me about a financial analyst position. After calling the HR recruiter he said that my skills and qualifications would be better as a project manager. I was instructed to take an IQ/personality test through some other company. I passed that test and got a phone interview about a week later. Very basic phone interview by some HR clown. I then got invited to Madison for a day of extensive job interviews. I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation with no powerpoint allowed. They paid for all food and travel which was very nice. Interview process was pretty hard in Madison, we got a tour, talked to individuals who currently have the job we are applying for. I then got a case study interview, in person interview, gave my presentation, ate lunch with an employee and finally had to take even more tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I initially applied online via Monster.com. A couple of weeks later, I received a phone call from a recruiter who scheduled a brief phone interview. For the initial phone interview, it consisted of basic bahavioral quesitons, why I was looking to move jobs, my experiences and education, all the standard stuff. The next step was for me to go to a testing center to take two assessments: The first was a language assessment ot test reading comprehension, grammar and style, The second assessment was basic programming problems. The point was not to see if you could program but if your reading comprehension was high enough that you could catch on to the basic gist of it...if you could be taught, so to speak. I even randomly guessed on the last few and apparently did well enough to be selected for a site visit to their headquarters in Madison.

I arrived late the night before due to Airline problems, so I was not able to join in the dinner with current employees. In the morning when I arrived (and the cab driver was telling us about how they have about a zillion candidates come through every day), I was given a group tour of their campuses (which are pretty cool, but could definitely do without the "StarWars and Space" themes. We were told ahead of time that we would have to give a 10 minute presentation to a small panel and that no computer assistance would be allowed. I made sure to pick a topic that I knew I could talk for 10 minutes without running out of things to say and that I could answer any and all questions. I also brought just some personal photos to go along, and to help the panel to visualize what I was talking about. They definitely seemed impressed.

There was also a situational assessment where I was given 10 minutes to study a work situation and then tell the interviewer how you would (behaviorally) go about solving this problem if it were your real-life siation. Stressing customer service and professionalism seemed to be the ticket. There was also a 1:1 interview, again behavioral in nature where you are given the leeway to emphasize your strenghts and weaknesses and why yould be a good fit. Etc.

Interview Questions

Though the salary was excellent, especially if you were only coming out of undergrad ( I already have my MBA), I didn't feel like a cross-country move was going to be beneficial to me in a company where you are a number, not a name, and there is little to no chance for upward mobility. It's almost like a puppy mill for students out of college. I also wasn't sure how sound their corporate strategy could be only focusing on hospital and large clinic settings--they don't seem to have any vision beyond that and the owner of the company is really only accountable to herself and a limited number of shareholders.

It definitely was a bit awkward to be paraded around with maybe 100 candidates on the same day, especially since you aren't told that up front and the fact that they have to do so constantly should be a bit alarming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied at a college career fair and had a phone interview a week later. Loooong after the phone interview I was notified that I would get to take a test consisting of some brainteasers and a programming test. It took three whole months and I did not pass their silly test (which is odd because the test was EASY). The entire process is so long and drawn out and pointless that in the end their company is probably full of leftovers who could not get a better job offer before graduation. Everyone I communicated with was extremely unprofessional, probably overworked, and came from some sort of arts major. The entire interview process makes you feel like cattle and I feel bad for the people who end up accepting Epic's offers.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, online IQ test, then got flown to WI. They had HUNDREDS of students there. Campus is nice but it seemed like a facade as they had a high turnover rate. Had 3 1:1 interviews than a 10 minute presentation. Overall - what a f**** hassle for nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

Be prepared to take a 2-hour long tests that are not related to the job descriptions