Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and actually took less time than I thought it would. After applying online, they emailed me within 48-72 hours asking to schedule a phone interview with a current PM. The phone interview was pretty casual and conversational, nothing to be super concerned about and it lasted about 30 minutes.

After the phone interview they ask you to complete the Epic Skills Assessment. This must be done through the ProctorU service where they take control of your webcam to make sure you're not cheating or using materials they do not allow. The Skills Assessment took me about 2-2.5 hours. It's not the easiest test I've ever taken and it definitely helps to have a bit of programming experience. They don't ask you to code anything, but there is a technical section that uses quite a bit of syntax that programmers will be familiar with (operators, Boolean, etc.).

Here's why I say the process moved more quickly than I expected: I had my phone interview Wednesday, took my Skills Assessment Thursday night, and received a call asking me to come to Madison for the onsite on Friday morning. For the onsite interview, they expect you to present a 10 minute presentation on a topic of your choice. Be prepared to answer questions on the topic and make sure you stick to your time limit. They will give you a tour of Epic, feed you, answer any questions, the whole nine yards. It really is a pretty pleasant experience if you can get over the nerves of being at an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in three years? Why Epic? What do you know of Epic?   Answer Question

Decided that I did not want to move to Madison.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was prompted to complete and online assessment consisting of the tests people describe on the website. The coding portion of the exam really threw me for a loop and because it was the first thing asked it kinda just threw my whole psyche off guard.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2016.

Interview

I completed a skills assessment and phone interview, but did not have a second interview scheduled. The assessment and interview were separate from one another, and you can finish the assessment before doing the interview at all. The email I recieved about the assessment said you don't need to study for them, but if arithmetic or word problems are not your strong suit, it would definitely be helpful to brush up on those skills first!

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about Epic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Providence, RI) in September 2015.

Interview

Epic posted to my college job board. I applied through their website and received an email to take a math exam and a programming exam. I had little programming experience and did not perform well. The phone interview went well as it was typical behavioral questions. The Skills Assessments were math heavy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Epic?

Describe an example where you overcame a problem during a project
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview and online skills assessment. Phone interview was very casual and a little underwhelming to be honest. Most of the questions were about why you majored in your field, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc. but nothing about your past experiences, weaknesses, strengths, etc. A good portion of the time was spent on describing the company and the position. The online skills assessment company was pretty difficult and hard to prepare for. The questions ranged from fairly easy, few tricky logic puzzles, and pseudo-coding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Vernon, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Few interviews on-site with different parts of project management teams. Had to give a presentation to a 3-person panel on any topic I desired. Met with an HR rep and a project management rep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had some close friends that work at Epic refer me. I got a phone interview about 5 days later. My phone interview went very well and I got sent the ProctorU links same day as my phone interview. I'm not waiting on any next steps. The interview was not as hard as I was expecting it to be. The skills assessment was very nerve wracking though as I was not sure how to prepare for it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2016.

Interview

I was sent a recruiting email through my college so I went ahead and applied.
    After that I was scheduled a phone interview which was basic behavioral questions and situation/response questions. They also asked if I was willing to relocate and I indicated yes.
    The guy I spoke with had been a project manager for a few years and was really nice.

Once you do that they also have you take these assessments which are pretty difficult to see how well you can do at trying to figure out coding type stuff, which I have no experience with. A lot of the assessments are timed but the coding one is like 2 hours.

I did not continue past this point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer? How did you handle it and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me, and after I applied, I was quickly contacted about a phone interview and I was impressed. Then everything went downhill.

The interviewer apparently forgot about my interview because I never received a call. When I emailed the HR person about the no-show, she simply said "Nick" couldn't reach me and offered no explanation or apology. When I asked if it was a problem with my number or connection, they didn't answer. Every email was very cold and impersonal. After I completed the skills assessment and Epic confirmed receiving my results, the HR person emailed me again telling me I needed to schedule my skills assessment. When I went to reschedule my phone interview and gave them my available times, they scheduled the interview for a day that I did not give them.

The interview itself seemed to go very well, but they said they would get back to me in a week. 2 weeks later I received an email that I had not received the position.

The whole process left me frustrated, angry, and less than impressed with this company's organizational abilities.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website and got an email immediately the next day to schedule a phone interview with a currently working project manager at Epic. I decided to take my online skills test before my phone interview and it's supposed to take up to two hours to take. The test was divided into two parts and you can't really study for it, but if you have had any logic/programming classes, the technical learning part should be a breeze for you.

My phone interview went very well (although I did prepare for it by gathering questions). He asked me some questions, talked to me about his role as project manager and it was very chill.

I immediately then got invited to go to Epic for the final onsite interview. Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, I had to drop the application at this point in the process.

Overall, very quick and easy process.