Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

313 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview and online skills assessment. Phone interview was very casual and a little underwhelming to be honest. Most of the questions were about why you majored in your field, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc. but nothing about your past experiences, weaknesses, strengths, etc. A good portion of the time was spent on describing the company and the position. The online skills assessment company was pretty difficult and hard to prepare for. The questions ranged from fairly easy, few tricky logic puzzles, and pseudo-coding.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Application

Interview

Referred by a current employee and was contacted 2 weeks later to send in a resume. I was offered a phone interview about 2 days later. They had me take a series of tests assessing personality, logic, basic programming functions, and mental math. The phone interview took about 40 minutes and was quite relaxed. The assessments took about 2 hours in total to complete. I was contacted a few days later with an invitation for an onsite interview. The day of the interview, they gave an overview of the company and a demo of the software. There was a small group interview, a case study, two one-on-one interviews, a tour of the beautiful campus, lunch with a staff member, a 10 minute presentation on anything you want, and finally an HR interview. In total, the interview lasted about 5-6 hours.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, then you need to take online tests, which cover math, grammar, etc. After the test, they email you for an on-site interview, which was awesome. Campus was beautiful, everything about it seemed very nice (I drank the kool-aid.) It was very easy-going and casual interview. Unfortunately, I did not get the offer, but I highly recommend others to give it a try

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had some close friends that work at Epic refer me. I got a phone interview about 5 days later. My phone interview went very well and I got sent the ProctorU links same day as my phone interview. I'm not waiting on any next steps. The interview was not as hard as I was expecting it to be. The skills assessment was very nerve wracking though as I was not sure how to prepare for it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick moving. I heard back from my initial application within a week. From there I was asked to have a phone interview and take an online exam. Little information was provided about the exam and it was administered by a third party.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying I took an online personality and IQ test. the test was moderately difficult but I was able to complete all required sections except for the speed question section. after the test HR reached out for a 30 minute phone interview which was fairly simple with no questions that were too out of the regular.

Interview Questions

• if 5 lumberjacks can cut down five trees in five hours, how many trees can 3 lumberjacks cut down in 3 hours?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2016.

Interview

I was sent a recruiting email through my college so I went ahead and applied.
    After that I was scheduled a phone interview which was basic behavioral questions and situation/response questions. They also asked if I was willing to relocate and I indicated yes.
    The guy I spoke with had been a project manager for a few years and was really nice.

Once you do that they also have you take these assessments which are pretty difficult to see how well you can do at trying to figure out coding type stuff, which I have no experience with. A lot of the assessments are timed but the coding one is like 2 hours.

I did not continue past this point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer? How did you handle it and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2016.

Interview

Some how they found me, told me to apply, followed up when I didn't, and then when I did they set me up for an interview right away. They have you take a super difficult assessment (probably why I didn't get the job) and then there's a phone interview. I didn't make it past that, because yesterday I got the email that they didn't want to interview any further. The phone interview was chill. I have a good resume and did well in school and my communication skills are great. They must rely on the assessment heavily, which sucks. Other than that, I really have no insight since they didn't bring me on. I guess just make sure that you're mentally prepared before taking the tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

My entire process with Epic from first contact to being invited on-site has taken 2 weeks (it would have been less time, but I put off taking the skills assessment for about 5 days). Phone interview was simple and straightforward, assessments seemed either very easy or like they were deliberately trying to trick you; couldn't tell which. They morning after I took my assessments, my HR person contacted me, but I've read that contact time varies. Looking forward to visiting the campus, and fingers crossed for an offer!

Interview Questions

• They have a non-disclosure agreement and because my application is still in process, I'm not jeopardizing that.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I was notified of open positions via recruiter email. The process was relatively quick: the day after I applied I started corresponding with an HR representative and was invited to begin the next step of the application process, a phone interview. The phone call only lasted about 15 minutes as they're only looking for a few answers to questions (how did you hear about epic and why did you apply? Are you comfortable with a lot of traveling?) you can ask them some of your own questions as they quickly brief you on the project manager position.
      Depending on how you schedule things you'll have some online, proctorred assessments. One asks you to answer questions about a pseudo computer code, but you can take as long as you need and it boils down to basic logic. Plus you can review previous questions as the build upon each other with 20 total. This section is evaluated on speed and accuracy, so just work at a comfortable pace. Next is a hogepoge of short math questions, graphical interpretations and reading comprehension questions. This portion is timed, but you get over an hour (an hour and a half?) to complete it, so it shouldn't be much of a challenge. You'll also have to complete a personality survey which takes about 30-45 minutes.
      I had my phone interview one week after I applied on a Thursday, took the assessments the next day on Friday, and was invited for an on site interview the following Monday. Epic will fly you out to Madison, WI, and cover all of the costs and planning of travel and lodging, and will even reimburse any meal purchases save for alcohol.
      I am at this final stage and was asked to prepare a 10-minute presentation for a small group of Epic staff. The guidelines give you the freedom to present on anything, but they encourage you to pick something you are knowledgeable about and something that isn't too difficult to digest.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to apply for the project management position? Are you comfortable with traveling 4 days per week?   Answer Question