Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

It's exactly like what the other reviewers say here. Epic is understaffed and hiring like crazy -- if you are smartish (above ~2050 SAT) and sociable/cheerful, they'll hire you. Really.

For the phone interview they confirm major and GPA and then they'll answer whatever questions you have about the role. They also ask how old you are via "did you take any years off between HS and college, which is sneaky but fine. Indicative of true Epic corporate culture IMO.

Then you take the tests. The logic section is 30 questions in 5 min, I got through 20. Most people I talked to did pretty much the same. There's a section on word problems with a generous time limit that's easy. The programming part is yes a breeze if you've done any programming at all. If you haven't you may want to go over some core programming concepts like variables (interger, string, etc), booleans, environments, etc. Unlimited time but you're "graded on speed and accuracy," whatever that means. Also, the personality test lol. I have no idea why they include this but just speed through it with some honest answers that show you're a good person to work with.

After that if you pass the tests you get called (certainly within two weeks) for an onsite interview. This part is totally awesome and stress free. Dress casually but not disheveled -- if you go to a liberal arts school you know what I'm talking about, but something like leather shoes, jeans, and a button down (tucked or no, doesn't matter) for guys (and the equivalent for girls, sorry to be general). While some Epic employees do wear sweats I would perhaps not do this for a job interview. DON'T wear a suit or god forbid khakis as some other reviewer suggested, you will look like either a tool or drained of all style, respectively. But I digress. I was super worried about the presentation, my advice is to pick a nonacademic topic that you're totally comfortable with and then talk about it for ABOUT ten minutes. Some of the other interviewees did things like "how to make the perfect grilled cheese," "how to drive stick," etc. They allocate 30 min for this but I got it done in under 10. They try to put you off with some frowns, but there's no need at all to worry about it, they just want to see if you're able to be personable in an unstructured environment. Besides that there's an interview with a PM which is totally behavioral. This part threw me a bit because it was just the interviewer reading a list of questions and writing in my responses. Quite odd and usually a sign of an interview gone badly. Guess it didn't matter though lol. There is also a case study where they give you and a partner a situation and ask alternating questions on how you'd react. Emphasize communication and listening here. The rest of the day is just eating in their AMAZING cafeteria (seriously this lived up to the hype) and touring the equally awesome campus (a dungeons and dragons themed building does seem campy/tacky, but it is super well done). Finally there's an HR interview that goes over salary and such, as well as some more personality questions that are on the other reviews (five things you're not, a common misconception, etc). I went home totally sold on the role and hoping I didn't screw anything up. Apparently I didn't because a few days later my recruiter called with an offer! Overall the experience is extremely quick, transparent, and dare I say fun. Epic isn't as perfect as it wants you to think it is (read the reviews of the PM role on the other tab here lol), but honestly it's close.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you're more of a listener or more of a talker?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Overall a positive process. They do an initial interview, skills assessment, and then a secondary interview. The skills assessment covers computer coding and general logistics competency. Overall, having some computer coding skills going into the process could prove beneficial.

Interview Questions

• Do you have computer/software coding skills?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First round fit interview by phone. Pretty laid-back, with a junior employee. Second round online skills and behavioral assessment. This was fairly challenging, but not overly so. About to have third round, onsite, interviews for TS position instead of PM. They have been very prompt in moving me from round to round, and communicating quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about Epic?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in January 2016.

Interview

I first applied online by submitting a resume through Epic's website. Was contacted pretty quickly and had a casual phone interview with a current employee. I heard back a couple days later and was asked to take an online exam. I heard back the next day and was invited to an onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me, then I applied online. Then I did a phone interview and the assessments with ProctorU. There were 30 logic questions times in 5 minutes. I was irate because the proctor said that the video dropped and he didn't stop the time or anything. I told Epic about it, but obviously they didn't care because more than a week later they rejected me for whatever reason. The never got back to me when they said they would. That's a sign of a company I don't want to work for. Plus, I never want to move to Wisconsin. I have been to their office before and it's awesome but good luck surviving in Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• If you had other offers, what other factors would you consider?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and first filled out the online application. Next I was contacted to schedule a phone interview which took about 30 and was fairly informal. Just research the interview questions on this website and you will be fine. Next I took the rembrand assesment which was weird and the two hour proctored test. Aside from the programming part the test was fairly easy. Now I am waiting to hear back from Epic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Epic? Did you take time off between high schoo and college?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a 15 minute conversation with a PM at Epic, who I might add was very nice. He shared information I already knew about Epic and described the PM position in greater detail. When the PM is finished, he will ask if you have any questions. Prepare your questions ahead of time. Currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why Epic? Where do you see yourself in Epic? What do you look for in a position? Willing to travel and relocate to Madison?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was overall very smooth. I applied online and was emailed the very next day about starting an interview. The first step was the phone interview, which was very casual. I was asked questions like "how often are you willing to travel?" (for this position, they say 50-75% of the time). After the phone interview, I was emailed and asked to continue the interview process with the online tests. They don't require any studying - just seeing what you already know. The test took me about an hour, which was a lot quicker than I was expecting. After the online tests, you're invited to an on-site interview. I declined at this point due to another offer, but the interview process overall was very quick and efficient.

Interview Questions

• When considering other offers, what is something that might be your deciding factor to work at Epic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

They contacted me by email a few days after I applied. I set up an interview through that email. My interview was about 30 mins and after the interview I was sent an online test to take. The test is a series of tests that are time ( I don't do well on time test but put me somewhere and I will figure out what to do and get it done). Also there is an online proctor to watch you and make you are you and you only use pencil and paper. I really don't understand what the test had to do with being a Project Manager. It was relevant. I currently do what the position would have required on a smaller scale and I am excellent at it. Anyway, I don't regret anything it was not meant to be and I am glad.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from what you are currently doing to work as a trainer with us ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. It started with a brief phone interview, where do you see yourself in 5 years, how did you hear about us, etc? Nothing too challenging here. Then you are instructed to take a proctored test online, it's not easy. I suggest brushing up on your long hand multiplication/division because you aren't allowed a calculator.
    If you do decently on this test, you will be contacted for an onsite interview.
    The onsite interview plus lunch took about five and a half hours. It started with meeting a person who is in the Project Management role to give a brief overview and provide an opportunity for questions. Then you have a formal interview with a project manager. From there, there was also a case study that was somewhat challenging. Asks you to pin point the two main issues in a scenario and formulate a plan for them. Then there's a tour, a lunch, a 10 minute presentation on literally any topic you would like (about 3 people will be the audience), and then you head straight to the hardest interview in my experience with a member of the audience (HR recruiter).