Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Quality Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Quality Assurance Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an informal interview over the phone and took two tests: one was a personality test and the other was a basic logic test. The phone interview was more information about the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work at epic, what department sounded interesting, and if I had any questions about the workplace at epic   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was better than I expected. The phone interview was quite conversational and informative, mine lasted about 45 minutes. Then there is a personality test and skills assessment. There really is no way to prepare for the skills assessment, so give it your best shot-- I thought I did quite poorly, but apparently it was good enough for a final round interview. My interview will be held at the Epic campus late next month.

Interview Questions

• What's one skill you are really hoping to develop for your future career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Auburn, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone call was very casual and the questions were easy to answer. I felt like the interviewer and I had a pleasant conversation. The online assessment though, was very difficult, and I would guess that the results from that eliminated me from consideration. Definitely said aside an afternoon where you will be in complete silence to take this test.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why Quality Assurance?
      Why Epic?
      Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my college, filled out a short application, and received an email asking for a resume within 24 hours. Not long after that, I received another email asking me to complete a personality survey, a phone interview, and a skills assessment. The phone interview was very short and conversational. I think mine lasted about 20 minutes. Questions include: "Why Epic? Why did you choose to major in ___? What questions do you have?". The skills assessment wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No need to study ahead of time. It's all about logic and thinking on your feet. Around 2 weeks after I finished the exam, I got an email saying that they were pursuing other candidates.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

I was only given a phone interview, which was mostly them asking why I was interested in Epic and a little about my education background, then discussing the position at length. I was given a lot of time to ask questions; I didn't get the position, but I wish that they would have given more feedback as to why, rather than sounding enthusiastic via email and phone, and then not telling me what areas I needed improvement in

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? What is your education background? Why Epic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Very quick. Three proctored exams, phone interview, in person interview.The phone interview was casual and the tests were challenging but not overly. The in person interview consisted of a presentation (because I was also being interviewed as a project manager) which was in front of a panel of four people.

Interview Questions

• List five things you are not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

There were a lot of stages to the interview process and a seemingly endless number of hoops to go through - phone interviews, online tests, proctored exams, even personality tests. After all that, I was offered an all expense paid trip out to their headquarters for an on-site interview. The night before when they took several of us interviewees out to dinner, I was told to "pretty much expect a job offer" because I'd made it that far.

The "interview" itself felt more like a college campus visit. Lots of tours and informational meetings herded around with other mostly fresh college grads, interspersed by a few short interviews. It seemed to go well, I thought. I remember feeling pretty positive about the nuts and bolts (what I knew, and the practice scenarios), but I was unsure how well I'd fit into their office culture. A week or so later they left me a no-explanations voice-mail that they were going to go with other candidates.

It's a big company composed mostly of extroverted young people. Lots of quirky architecture, clubs, and campus events. I've realized I really wouldn't have fit in well and being around so many highly-social people would probably drained me - I'm an introvert who'd rather spend my lunch break eating in my cubical with a book than in a massive dining hall "networking". I'm guessing that was the biggest mark against me. I was shy, quiet, and not super-social. I really really wish they hadn't acted so thrilled about me before and during the interview though. I quit applying to other jobs because I'd been told they were pretty much a sure thing, then out of the blue they dropped me and I was left at square one. I'm kind of pissed they took up so much of my time when they probably could have realized I wasn't a good fit early on.

Main advice to other applicants: Keep your guard up even though they're acting all nice. With a company so big, it costs them nothing to run you through the process even if they choose to drop you for someone else in the end.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

First Step: Personality Test - the standard "choose which phrase best describes you" model. Takes about 20 minutes to complete. It's not easy to choose the answers you think they will like the most, so the best way to complete this is to just answer honestly.

Second Step: Phone Screen - conversation about your background as listed on your resume. Takes about 30 minutes (longer if you want to ask a lot of questions). This was a very casual conversation with a member of the Quality Assurance team (not HR) where we talked a bit about what I enjoy and about life living in Madison and working at Epic.

Third Step: Skills Assessment - a proctored exam where you answer programming questions, word problems, and data analysis questions. Very similar to other standardized exams like the SAT. Takes about 3 hours or less to complete. There is no need to study for this exam either. It's just testing skills you already know. You do not have to understand programming in order to figure out the programming questions.

Fourth Step: Dinner with Epic Employee (optional) - Once invited to fly out to Madison (for free), you will have the option to have dinner with an Epic employee the night before your interview. You meet the employee for dinner along with a few other candidates who may or may not be applying to your position (even if the other candidate is applying for the same position, this does not mean that you're competing with them for a single job). I was in a group with 3 other candidates for my dinner. Dress casually (jeans are absolutely acceptable...shorts and sandals are too). You have the opportunity to ask as many questions as you can/want during the dinner.

Fifth Step: Interviews at Epic - Dress causally for the interview (a nice pair of dark jeans and a blouse for women, khakis and a polo for men). I began my day of interviews at 9:45am and ended around 2pm. You can get breakfast beforehand at the hotel (for free) or at Epic (also free). You catch a taxi either alone or with another candidate and it takes about 40 minutes to get from the hotel to Epic.

The day starts off with a small group meeting (with 5-7 other candidates from various positions) that includes a software demonstration and Q&A. You are being analyzed by every employee you come in contact with, so be sure to ask good questions and be attentive and polite to everyone.

Then you talk with an employee that works in Quality Assurance (I was with two other candidates for the QA position). She/he explains the position and what it includes and then you analyze an object (in my case, a coffee cup) and come up with questions on how you could make sure the quality of the object is okay (i.e. Is it safe to drink from the coffee cup? Will the liquid pour our onto your lap if you try to drink from it?). You and the other candidates just have to collaborate and build off each other with your questions. You also have time to ask the QA employee questions about the position and what it entails.

After that, you have lunch at the dining hall with another QA employee. This is a time to have a group conversation with the employee and other QA candidates. We talked about literature and environmental concerns during my lunch. This is a bit like the dinner the night before. I was with 3 other QA candidates for lunch.

Next is the tour of the campus. This part is quite fun and you just have to listen as you go through the different parts of the campus. Make sure you think of your favorite part of the tour as your HR interviewer might ask you about the tour. You have to do a bit of walking, so wear comfortable shoes (I would not recommend high heels unless they are comfortable for you). You go with the same group that you have lunch with, but the QA person leaves you and an HR person leads the tour.

When the tour is finished, you'll be lead to a one on one interview with another QA employee. You will be asked to read a sheet with a list of 5 or so different situations (listening to a voicemail, answering an email, talking with your team leader). You will have about 5 minutes to read this (alone) and then come up with a plan of action for getting these situations/tasks/issues solved. I would recommend using the scratch sheet of paper to organize your thoughts. The QA employee will come back into the room and she/he will ask you different questions about your plan. You might also talk a bit about your previous experience and how you would handle different situations at work.

Finally, you have your exit interview with your HR representative. He/she will ask you questions about your background, your references, and how you would handle yourself as both a team leader and a team member (see questions below). Be sure to know a strength and a weakness that each of your references would attribute to you. After you finish, you take a taxi back to the airport (either alone or with other candidates) or you can spend time exploring campus.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are a person that talks too much and listens too little or vice versa?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1-10 how assertive are you?   1 Answer
    • If you are a project group member and you believe the project should be taken one way and the team leader is taking it in a different direction, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you want to take an action but your team disagrees with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

1. Online application submitted 2. Received an email the next business day to set up phone interview, included information to complete an online personality test and set up a time to do a skills assessment 3. Set up phone interview for 2 days later 4. Phone interview - consisted of going over your resume and any projects you have done. A good chance to ask any questions that you have about the company and the position 5. Took skills assessment the next day online (someone watches you through your webcam - very weird)! 6. Received an email 2 days later saying that they got my skills assessment and were reviewing it along with my application, and would contact me within 1 to 2 weeks 7. Email received 3 days later inviting me for interview 8. Interview set up for later that week 9. Went to on-site interview which lasted about 4 hours and consisted of a software demonstration, Q&A session, tour, case study (easy), lunch, and interview with HR 10. Offered a job a few days later and graciously accepted!

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are a person that talks too much and listens too little or vice versa?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

Interview was fine but I spent too much time on the skills assessment. Seems like a great company, but not really my field. The interviewer was very nice. He answered all of my questions and made the company sound very fun and welcoming. I might apply again in a year or two.