Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Quality Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Quality Assurance Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Initial phone call to setup test time. They explain the test you will take in the first phone call. If your results are good enough, then you go on site for an interview. Pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

Once you submit an application you get a phone interview. This is mostly to see if your qualifications check out and that you can communicate effectively. This is also your chance to ask any questions you have about the company or position to someone currently in that position. Then there is an online skills test which tests your personality as well as your ability to learn. If you pass those you go onto the in person interview. Epic will pay for you to come to them and will set you up in a hotel. You then have about a 6 hour interview that includes a brief overview of the company, a tour, lunch with employees, a case study, a one on one interview and a general Q&A segment.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Very quick. Three proctored exams, phone interview, in person interview.The phone interview was casual and the tests were challenging but not overly. The in person interview consisted of a presentation (because I was also being interviewed as a project manager) which was in front of a panel of four people.

Interview Questions

• List five things you are not.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my college, filled out a short application, and received an email asking for a resume within 24 hours. Not long after that, I received another email asking me to complete a personality survey, a phone interview, and a skills assessment. The phone interview was very short and conversational. I think mine lasted about 20 minutes. Questions include: "Why Epic? Why did you choose to major in ___? What questions do you have?". The skills assessment wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No need to study ahead of time. It's all about logic and thinking on your feet. Around 2 weeks after I finished the exam, I got an email saying that they were pursuing other candidates.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was pleasant, went through the Rembrandt Profile, and did the skills assessment last. I barely did any math in college so if you're majoring in mathematics, learning code, or just quick on your feet you'll do fine. I just finished my skills test today so I don't know what's going to happen.

Interview Questions

• Learning code for the first time so as to know what "," means and "!", and killing a command with something that looked like " K S A=1,B=1,C=1+(A+1) K (A).   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with a very brief phone interview and then completed a series of online testing and writing samples. Got invited to come for an on-site interview and they paid for all expenses. Overall it was very well-run and a positive experience. The campus is really cool and the people are all very nice. Do dress casually.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied for technical writing but interviewed for both technical writing and QA, so this will be a review of the interview process for both.
    I applied online via Epic's website, though I was simultaneously referred to Epic by my partner who had just started working there. In a few day's time I was contacted by a recruiter who had me fill out a Rembrandt personality profile and complete a timed writing sample. The writing prompt wouldn't be revealed until the timer was started, and I had no idea what to expect I'd be writing about. It ended up being to write a book review of a my own autobiography, which threw me for a loop. Desperate to come up with something, I ended up writing about some personal and not-so-pleasant aspects of my life which, on top of being pretty embarrassing, I felt I had described so poorly that I was certain they wouldn't be contacting me to move forward for the phone interview.
    Needless to say I was pretty surprised when I got an email asking to schedule a phone interview with one of the writers. The phone interview was about as basic as phone interviews get - he asked about me, my professional experiences, why I wanted to work at Epic, and also gave me some general background on what technical writers at Epic do. I think it took about 20 minutes in all.
    After the phone interview, I was offered the on-site interview, which is very long but not incredibly difficult (if you're coming right out of college like most Epic applicants, it's definitely stressful, though). I actually got food poisoning the night before my interview and couldn't make my originally scheduled date, but they were glad to reschedule for the next day.
    For the on-site interview, you'll spend part of the day in a small group with other candidates for the tour, a demo of Epic software, and lunch. You start with a tour of Epic's campus, which is pretty impressive the first time you see it (it wears away the longer you work there... believe me), then you'll go into a small conference room and get the demo. Then they'll take you off to lunch in Cassiopeia, Epic's main dining hall, where you'll have a casual conversation with the employee who brought you there (who may or may not be in the role you're applying for) as well as your fellow candidates. The tough stuff is saved for the afternoon, where you'll spend a few hours doing an HR interview, a technical/skills interview with a person in the role you're applying for, an aptitude test (questions similar to the SAT), and, in the case of technical writing, a technical writing test.

After my day was up, I waited about a week before Epic contacted me to say they wanted to bring me back for a second interview, but this time for a Quality Assurance position instead of technical writing. I accepted, and soon after I came back to Epic's campus to repeat pretty much exactly the same process I had completed before; luckily, I didn't have to retake the aptitude test, and the technical writing test was replaced with some QA-specific assessments. Me and two other QA candidates were interviewed briefly by a QAer and asked how we would QA a pen he set down in front of us, and later, I was given a sheet of paper with a "typical Epic workday" scenario on it that asked me how I would prioritize the issues that came up in the scenario. I talked them over one-on-one with a different QAer.

After that, my interview was over, and in about a week, Epic contacted me to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• For technical writing - be prepared to write anything for the initial timed writing assessment, don't assume it will be a technical writing prompt. Be prepared to write something like "a book review of your own autobiography".
      For QA - be prepared to think about how you would prioritize tasks. I wasn't ready for this and hadn't given any thought to it and I felt like that kind of showed in my interview. If you're coming right out of college, be especially prepared for this since prioritizing issues is likely not something you've had to deal with regularly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had heard that Epic doesn't negotiate and I didn't want to press my luck trying to find out if it was true. I accepted what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

Everyone was very efficient, it felt a bit like a cattle-call with so many people interviewing at once for the same position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your team lead wants to do something which you disagree with? What would you do if you want to take an action but your team disagrees with you.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for an in-person interview. They had us take a couple tests on quantitative and verbal skills, as well as personality test. Most of the staff seems young. Ambiance was very casual. No one in my group showed up in typical interview attire. The company paid for transportation, lodging, and food.

Interview Questions

• If you were part of team working with a client and you realized your coworker was telling the client something that not accurate, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

I found Epic to be very organized and efficient at moving through the interview process. I had a phone interview and a little over a week later was invited to an onsite interview. Epic was great about setting up travel plans and covering costs. I had to go in to take tests the day before my interview for about three hours and my interview day was from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, so it is a long process.

My only real frustration of the day was not hearing any negatives about positions. Employees were overwhelmingly positive about all aspects of their jobs (the hours, training, etc.). Maybe they really are just completely satisfied, but I questioned this a little.

I was told that the dress code was casual so I wore jeans, a cardigan and comfortable shoes and was glad that I did! I didn't feel under-dressed at all. I would say this is one interview where it is actually worse to be overdressed.

Interview Questions

I did not wait to hear if I was offered the job because I was offered a job in a different city that I was more interested in.