Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Quality Assurance Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

After submitting my initial application I was invited to take several personality and computer programming tests as I waited for my scheduled phone interview. The testing is time consuming and you are watched by a 3rd party exam proctoring service via web camera and microphone. I applied on a whim because I've heard good things about Epic and I was unprepared for how in-depth they get with their testing for a non-programming QA position. Be prepared and take it seriously.

The phone interview was very basic and relatively quick. They asked typical situation questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Began with a casual phone interview. Nothing too difficult there. Next came the on-site interview. Requires staying in Madison overnight. Epic payed for the hotel. Interview takes a few hours but most of it is an introduction to the company and the software. One case study regarding different scenarios and was questioned on how to manage the problems and my time.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to someone who asks for your help again and again for the same issue?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took about a little over a month. First I had a Phone interview then a series of 4 tests online. Those were a little difficult. I then went for an on site interview. That was actually kind of fun to do. Still waiting to hear back from them on the status of that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Was recruited through a university job fair and received a phone interview for the project manager position. After "passing" the phone screen I took the skills assessment and a couple personality tests and was contacted again saying that I had been invited for an on site interview for quality assurance rather than project manager. Everything was very professional and HR seemed like a well-oiled machine. I was happy with my recruiting process.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. I was told I would have a phone interview with someone in QA but to my surprise half way through it happened to be a HR rep. She said it would be a few weeks until I hear about the next step. The next day she calls me and sets up the onsite interview. The interview consisted of an overview presentation, a discussion and overview of QA. Lunch. A tour of Epic. Then a case study, which is quite simple. Then the final sit down with the HR person at the end. The key is to make a great impression with every person you meet, they could all have input into you getting hired or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate as it was quite higher than the glassdoor average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted within a week for a telephone interview. Shortly after was invited for an onsite interview which lasted most of the day and included a tour of the campus. At the end of the day, there was a 3 part computer test which included programming (basic stuff), math, and verbal. I think I did poorly on the programming and math. Neither are my strongest areas. I did not get an offer, but I probably would have turned it down anyway based on what I have heard from other Epic employees.

Interview Questions

• I thought the programming test was difficult. It was logic based, but very different from anything I had ever done before.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, initial phone interview & online test.
    Visited campus & met with a series of employees in HR & QA. The day was completely structured and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is an assumption people initially make about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Other job applicants have already spoken in detail the interview process with Epic. For the QA role I was applying to, it was pretty straightforward. I applied online, got a telephone interview, did the behavioral online test, met with a recruiter, and took their assessment exam at their Verona campus.

Interview Questions

• The assessment exam is worth looking over, in case you've been out of school or are rusty on your SAT/GRE/GMAT skills. It seems like a precursor to getting your foot in the door.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

Took an initial phone interview that was a phone screening. Seeing your interest and why you were applying and if you were ok with all that they would offer you (benefits, pay, etc). Then had to take a test at a testing center. One was "math" but it was really just trick questions trying to get you to think creatively I suppose. The other part used software lingo and it is designed to see how quickly you learn things. It was difficult for me because I had questions about it like, it could be this or it could be this, what is the difference?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied through the website and was contacted within a week to take the online test. A week later I was contacted to take a writing test and schedule a phone interview. The interview was like being interviewed for the school paper. The interviewer had a list of things to read and couldn't really provide any insight into the positions I asked him about. I asked about a position I had found on their website and the interviewer had never heard of it. Going over my resume was "So, you worked here. What was that like?"