Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR then a skills assessment. I'm a CS and EE major and do well in all of my programming classes including the CS ones and I still found the programming portion of the skills assessment to be very difficult. I believe it's a good thing the skills assessment is so challenging so that you can prove your worth, I believe I'm a competent programmer compared to my peers but still didn't pass this stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The skills assessment included string manipulation, challenging mathematical problems, and asked me to write code that would optimize a move in a given board game layout.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Behavioral interview over the phone. Just talking with a current developer.
    3 hour online test about math, logic, a fake programming language, and 4 difficult programming problems. A third party is proctoring the exam so it's far less intimidating than programming in front of another developer.
    On-site interview about a project you've done and why you chose the algorithms you did.
    On-site behavioral interview with recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about a project you worked on and why you chose each algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty much like the others. I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then did the test at Proctor U. I found the Proctor U test extremely difficult and time consuming.

After that Epic flew me to Madison on Sunday, and out on Tuesday. I had a personality test to fill out.

I had three interviews on Monday: A HR interview, an project demonstration interview, and a problem solving interview.

I performed well on the HR and problem solving interviews. I think I fell a bit short on the project demonstration interview. I spent most of my time discussing parts of the project I have been unable to solve. I believe I highlighted my shortcomings rather than emphasize my strengths in this interview.

Also, Epic seemed very interested in my college transcripts. Unfortunately, I am a below-average student, so I don't think this helped me much.

Ultimately HR called me and said they had to pick other candidates, but that it was nice meeting me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview is pretty much basic and easy to through. I was asked about couple of my previous projects and also about the programming languages i am good at.
    Assessment test is a bit difficult. Better to apply for the software developer position after gaining some real time experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Online Assessment. The phone interview was very easy. But the online technical assessment was way too tough. No fresher can crack this interview. The questions which are on reviews are not at all related to the real online exam. According to my experience only an experienced programmer with an experience of at least 7 years will only be able to crack this interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, They ask some questions about your previous projects and experience.
    They explain about Epic and their needs.
    Online Assessment: 4 different parts, last section is programming you can write your code in C++ , Java

Interview Questions

• Phone interview is Okay.
      Online assessment programming part is difficult.
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I applied online and quite soon got their email saying they want arrange an phone interview with me, at the mean time do a online assessment through a proctor website. The phone interview asked questions about database and algorithm, and they were not that hard. But the online assessment test was.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Met them at a job fair at my university, and pretty quickly got a phone interview. Had a decent conversation with the developer, but when he was asking me questions, he didn't seem at all enthusiastic. Next, I was contacted to take their assessment test. Since I couldn't be on site to take the test, I took it online while being proctored via webcam. That test was really difficult. I still don't even know how I could have prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• A man was fixing his house and went to the hardware store. He pointed something out and asked how much one would cost. The clerk told him it would cost a dollar. The man asked for 300 of them. The clerk said "That will be $3". What did the man buy?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in February 2009.

Interview

After a phone interview with a recruiter then a second, more technical phone interview with a senior employee, they flew me out of Madison for a couple days, put me up in a very nice hotel where I could expense room service and gourmet meals. Then the two days spent on campus were a combination of tours, tests, and interviews (I interviewed with 5 separate people). Though they treated me well, the process was exhausting. By the end of the second day my worn-out brain was coming up blank during my last couple interviews.

Interview Questions

• "What blogs do you read regularly" (for a UX design position)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2011.

Interview

1) Rembrandt Online Profile
    2) Phone Interview
    3) Skills Assessment ( About 2 hours to complete but speed and accuracy are factors )

It was my very first interview as well as the skill assessment so I was really nervous and I didn't do well.
    I took the skills assessment at the school career center and it was paper-and-pencil based.
    It took me more time to write down clearly and edit them.

Even though I didn't get the job, I got good impression from interview and hiring process.