Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair, then I was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I took an online assessment. The online assessment was pretty difficult and it was really long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Software Develop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. They were basic HR questions so no technical questions. He only asked about why I chose Epic and to describe problems I faced on a project I had done. Then he spoke the rest of the time about the internship, how housing worked, and what life was like at Epic. A few days later I took an online technical assessment. I hadn't done any internship interviews prior to this so I thought it was very difficult. For the assessment, you have as much time as you need but they make you do it all in one sitting with an online proctor. The first half was a made-up programming language and then 20 or so problems about that language. The second half consisted of 4 programming problems that I had to write code for (in Java or C/C++). Again, I thought they were very difficult to answer and didn't feel confident about any of my answers. I didn’t get any further than that as they had decided to proceed with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know your core CS concepts and practice some of the suggested questions found on here or on other general software developer interview reviews. I practiced a few but not as much as I should have.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying at a career fair, I received an email scheduling a phone interview, where they asked about my past projects. Afterwards there was a personality test and technical test. The technical test felt difficult, but that was mainly because I wasn't really prepared.

Interview Questions

• There was a question that essentially required computing combinations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

1) Phone Call Screening -- simple get to know you
    2) Skills Assessment -- a couple coding questions. Pseudo code permitted
    3) Onsite -- included detailed description of past project and tour of the campus. Also take you out to dinner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR then a skills assessment. I'm a CS and EE major and do well in all of my programming classes including the CS ones and I still found the programming portion of the skills assessment to be very difficult. I believe it's a good thing the skills assessment is so challenging so that you can prove your worth, I believe I'm a competent programmer compared to my peers but still didn't pass this stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The skills assessment included string manipulation, challenging mathematical problems, and asked me to write code that would optimize a move in a given board game layout.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Standard stuff: phone interview screening for personality, then a three-hour programming test, and then a fly-back full-day interview where you meet with HR and developers. The programming test is likely the most difficult phase of the process, where unsatisfactory candidates are weeded out. I recommend preparing for the programming test by doing practice coding assignments, especially focusing on string parsing and manipulation, and recursion. By the time they fly you out, the offer is likely yours to lose.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on, the technology you used, and why you used it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2016.

Interview

I began my process by providing my resume to an representative at a university career fair. I received an email to schedule a phone interview relatively quickly. The interview was behavioral, primarily asking about work indicate on my resume and why I wanted to work at Epic. I was asked to complete an online assessment which included four coding questions. This required installing additional software and involved a live proctor monitoring you.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Met at career fair at university. Filled out personality test online as well as a basic technical test and brain teaser type questionnaire. Interviewed on site with one round of basic questions and another round of more intense questions.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Spent most of the morning along with two other candidates talking with 4-5 employees about the expectations of the position, then interviewed with a software dev and a HR person for about half an hour each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a friend who works at Epic and my experience went faster than others because I was referred. I had a phone interview and then a technical assessment.

Interview Questions

• For phone interview, they were normal interview type of questions.   1 Answer