Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.9

688 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on the Epic website and was contacted by a recruiter a couple weeks later. The first step was a basic screening phone interview. They ask you to talk about a project you have completed so be able to go over something in detail. After this step they ask you to complete a online assessment. This was a 2-3 hour test that was proctored. The first part is a quick logic section trying to answer as many questions in the time. The second part was learning a new language and answering question based on instructions. These first two parts were quite easy and quick. The last part was the coding questions. These were difficult and required a strong knowledge of recursion and data structures. After completing the test, the next step is a campus interview if you make it. I assume most of their cuts come after the test. One of the more difficult interviews I've done, but clearly a competitive company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

After submitting the application online, they send me an email the next business day to set up a phone interview, along with a online proctored assessment. The phone interview I went through wasn't technical at all and just asked some of the basic interview questions. The assessment consists of 3 parts. Part 1 had more logic related math questions. For part 2, they give you a fake language with certain qualities and you answer questions based on the language. Part 3 consists of 3 programming assignments.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First we had a brief phone call with the HR about the company introduction. Then an coding exam took at an exam center about the language will be used inside Epic. Then had a final around on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through their easy-to-use form on their careers website. They notified of the 3-step process for hiring, and called me soon after for a 30-minute phone interview. The interviewer asked simple questions, and asked me to describe one of my projects.

They then helped me schedule a proctored technical assessment; it took about 2 hours. This involved logic, math, and programming questions. After a month (and a follow-up email from me), they have not contacted me again. The next step would have been an on-site interview that lasts most of the day.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

My interview day was very long and difficult. The interviews themselves weren't overly technical but there were enough of them to make you unsure of how you did. The campus itself is very impressive and fun to experience.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied at a school career fair. First had a phone screening interview that went very well. A few days later, I got an email to do an online skill assessment test through proctor you. This was a two hour long logic test that had very little with programing. The questions felt similar to ACT/SAT test questions. After a few days I received an email that they were not interest in continuing with my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone screen then took the technical assessment online. It was a very poor experience and I didn't hear back for several weeks. Finally I got invited onsite for an interview. The onsite interview involved talking about a development project, going through a case study, and an HR interview.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair, then I was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I took an online assessment. The online assessment was pretty difficult and it was really long.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in person at a career fair. Next was a phone interview. After that was a proctored skills test. I put two hours of effort into it and another two hours of "well, maybe this'll work" (no compiler was allowed) before I gave up and submitted. I was not asked to continue after that.

Interview Questions

• There was a large section that gave a specification for a (regular, I think) language, with questions asked on valid syntax and meaning within that language.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out the application on their website and got a call for an initial phone interview. The call was with a current developer at Epic, and it was pretty relaxed and informal. We just verified some of the information on my resume, and then talked about a project of my choosing from the resume. He then asked some follow questions about the project (likes, dislikes, problems, etc.). A big focus seemed to be on the teamwork aspect of my work, so I would recommend discussing a project where you worked in a group.

I heard back that they want me to do the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Pick a project from your resume and tell me about it, as well as some of the difficulties that arose while completing that project?   Answer Question