Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Interview

First step is an initial phone screening that is not technical. They ask you about your previous projects and tell you about the company as well as allow you to ask any questions. After that is an online assessment that isn't timed.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your project? What did you find difficult?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Dropped a resume off on Epic's page on my college's career website. I received an email two days later encouraging me to apply online. About a week later, I had a phone interview with a developer. Some behavioral questions, some basic technical questions, not too bad for a phone interview. After that was the online test. This was actually pretty brutal due to how long it was (starting the exam after midnight didn't help). If you pass the phone interview and the test, you get invited onsite. I think at this point, as a developer, as long as your top reference is pretty good and you don't screw up your onsite interviews (which aren't hard), you're in pretty good shape. I received an offer 2.5 weeks after the onsite

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on the website. Was emailed about 2 days later to schedule a phone interview to be done about 2 days later. The phone interview is exactly what they said it would be like on their site; talk about a project and asked me two technical questions. One I had no idea about but the interviewer was very nice about it and asked me another one. Asked me what I knew about the company, why I wanted to be a software developer, and what I knew about Madison and if I had any questions for him. At the end of the interview he asked me if I wanted to schedule the assessment and that I would be receiving an email soon to set it up. About 5 days later I took the assessment. The technical part was not too difficult, but some of the questions I was pretty clueless about. The programming part was 4 questions and got progressively harder. The first two questions were not too difficult, but the last question I barely even knew where to start because I hadn't used python in a while.

Interview Questions

• During phone interview: If you had a string of words, how would you show the string in reverse?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Guys!!! Don't bother applying here if you are older than 27.They just reject you. Age discrimination sucks!! I never believed when my friend told about it but only after experiencing the same

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Starts out with an online application with behavioral short answer questions. Then a 30 minute phone call with a developer. Mostly behavioral and one quick technical question. Then an online proctored technical test. Different math/problem solving tests then I think 3 technical coding questions. Strings, DP, etc. If that goes well, they fly you up. This is pretty much for you to feel out the company. You see a product demo, talk with engineers, etc. The only interview parts are describing in detail a project you've worked on and then a behavioral with HR.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I applied through their site after talking to them at a career fair. First step was a short phone interview with a developer at epic. The interview consisted mostly of questions about my background and interests, as well as things about what it was like working at epic. Nothing that technical. After this I was set up with a skills assessment test to take. It was essentially an online coding test. I don't exactly remember the questions asked, but I remember them being somewhat difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had issues with a partner or partners(s) a group and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Not bad. I had an online intelligence test (which hasn't changed much in the past few years, then an easy online coding test to do. They contract out software test evaluation to some company where they watch you while you're doing the coding challenge on your webcam, which is kinda creepy.

Interview Questions

• General coding questions. To be honest I don't remember the specifics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

There was an easy resume/experience based phone interview, then the online assessment with ProctorU which took me about 3.5 hours, and then finally an onsite interview. Everything was pretty much what others have reported - tedious online assessment that was mostly coding, but the onsite interview was actually awesome. They flew me in on short notice and put me up in a very nice lakeside hotel with a bunch of other candidates. A full time employee took a small group of us out to a really nice dinner and there was breakfast in the morning at the hotel and once you arrive at the campus. The day of interviews was about half them giving you info about what it's like to work there and half was relaxed interviews. It is very well organized and it all went by very quickly, so make sure that you have prepared yourself for everything before it starts since you won't have any time between interviews. The campus is even cooler than I expected it to be - be sure to walk around on your own if you have time after your interview.

Interview Questions

• They were exactly what everyone else said they would be. Case study, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

Epic's hiring process primarily consists of three parts: (1) a nontechnical phone interview, in which you discuss previous development experience, education, motivation for pursuing a job at Epic; (2) an online skills assessment, which comprises a short technical assessment (learning a new programming language) and a 4-question programming assessment (which took my a little over 2 hours); and (3) an onsite visit in Verona, WI.

Interview Questions

• The online programming assessment covered many of the typical technical interview questions, including questions about data structures, string manipulation, dynamic programming, and recursion. The onsite interviews consisted of a 30 minute discussion of a previous project and a 1-on-1 software design interview, both with current software developers.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Online application very quickly translated to a half-hour discussion with a nice software developer. Then I was sent a ~3 hour coding exam (!) through a proctor website where someone watches you, installs software on your computer, etc. If this is how they treat their prospective employees, why would I want to work there?