Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Development Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

652 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First we had a brief phone call with the HR about the company introduction. Then an coding exam took at an exam center about the language will be used inside Epic. Then had a final around on-site interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

My interview day was very long and difficult. The interviews themselves weren't overly technical but there were enough of them to make you unsure of how you did. The campus itself is very impressive and fun to experience.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied at a school career fair. First had a phone screening interview that went very well. A few days later, I got an email to do an online skill assessment test through proctor you. This was a two hour long logic test that had very little with programing. The questions felt similar to ACT/SAT test questions. After a few days I received an email that they were not interest in continuing with my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone screen then took the technical assessment online. It was a very poor experience and I didn't hear back for several weeks. Finally I got invited onsite for an interview. The onsite interview involved talking about a development project, going through a case study, and an HR interview.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair, then I was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I took an online assessment. The online assessment was pretty difficult and it was really long.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in person at a career fair. Next was a phone interview. After that was a proctored skills test. I put two hours of effort into it and another two hours of "well, maybe this'll work" (no compiler was allowed) before I gave up and submitted. I was not asked to continue after that.

Interview Questions

• There was a large section that gave a specification for a (regular, I think) language, with questions asked on valid syntax and meaning within that language.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out the application on their website and got a call for an initial phone interview. The call was with a current developer at Epic, and it was pretty relaxed and informal. We just verified some of the information on my resume, and then talked about a project of my choosing from the resume. He then asked some follow questions about the project (likes, dislikes, problems, etc.). A big focus seemed to be on the teamwork aspect of my work, so I would recommend discussing a project where you worked in a group.

I heard back that they want me to do the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Pick a project from your resume and tell me about it, as well as some of the difficulties that arose while completing that project?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Standard stuff: phone interview screening for personality, then a three-hour programming test, and then a fly-back full-day interview where you meet with HR and developers. The programming test is likely the most difficult phase of the process, where unsatisfactory candidates are weeded out. I recommend preparing for the programming test by doing practice coding assignments, especially focusing on string parsing and manipulation, and recursion. By the time they fly you out, the offer is likely yours to lose.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on, the technology you used, and why you used it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Got asked some generic questions (what's your favorite programming language, etc) and a couple algorithms/data structures questions. Didn't figure out the first one and didn't understand the second.

Interview Questions

• How do you remove an element from a singly linked list with only a pointer to that element?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying at a career fair, I received an email scheduling a phone interview, where they asked about my past projects. Afterwards there was a personality test and technical test. The technical test felt difficult, but that was mainly because I wasn't really prepared.

Interview Questions

• There was a question that essentially required computing combinations.   Answer Question