Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

290 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Started with a phone call with a Developer and taking an online personality test. Then i had to take a proctor U assessment. I felt I did excellent on the coding portion of the assessment but got rejected. When I asked what I did wrong I didn't get a reply.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a software engineer who asked me about previous projects I've worked on and gave a good overview of what he worked on in the company and what the company does in general. I then had to take a long, tough technical interview with a speed test on basic math/logic, a series of multiple choice questions about a made-up programming language, and 4 programming problems. If you're a CS major they ask you to do the problems in C, C++, Java. They use an online proctoring program called ProctorU to give the test. Make sure your webcam, audio, and microphone all work before your assessment time, as I had issues, which delayed the start time of the test. Waiting to see if I will move on to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• There is an alarm keypad that has faulty buttons, so the keypad has to accept some incorrect codes, so long as the code contains digits which are in the correct code, in the correct order. For example, if the correct code is "13654", the keypad should accept "13", "165", and "354". Write a program that accepts an input code and determines if it should be accepted or rejected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with representative. It was a 15 minute behavioral interview. The representative who talked with me was switched last minute, so he was not prepared that well for the interview. Despite this, he was very polite and nice about it.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got contacted after a school career fair. Did a behavioral phone interview and then a coding challenge. Online coding challenge was pretty difficult and had a very strict proctoring environment, in which I didn't get to interact with anyone from Epic, so it was an overall bad experience. Recruiter didn't even get back to me about the results.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

There was a phone interview and 3 hour online technical interview. You cannot get up once you sit down for the technical interview so make sure you don't have to go to the bathroom. There were questions about overall coding with a new language to test your adaptability and then there was a section of code writing that gives you a problem and you can solve it in whichever language and way you choose.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Met them at a university career fair, where the recruiter was really excited about me. I also had two employees offer to me to attach internal company recommendations. I said sure and they were attached to my application internally in their system.

Two whole weeks later they asked for my transcripts, an odd request for a Masters student but whatever. Sent them along. (GPA is 3.8, transcripts are great)

One week later I got an auto-rejection email without even granting me a first interview or phone screening. The email said they were moving forward with other candidates (not that the funding had dried up or anything) and my favorite part was that it had a missing word in it.

I have a polished and well-rounded resume, a Masters, and 3 separate CoOps that I was offered a full time position at. I can't imagine what possible concerns would warrant not even granting me an interview.

Conclusion: Rejection is one thing, this was rude and unprofessional.

Application

Interview

First a non-technical phone call with general questions about past experience and projects. Then a timed and proctored electronic skill assessment with coding questions. The maximum was 3 hours but they said they'd take into account how fast I solved the problems. Since the assessment was electronic, there was no opportunity for asking questions or receiving hints.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: What was a challenge you solved in your last project?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

one round of phone interview and another round of online test. the phone interview was not difficult, just some very typical behavioral questions and two little technical quiz. Then on the next day of the phone interview, I receive an online test invitation. I did the test after two weeks, the questions are pretty hard, they just give you a white board and let you to programming on that, with not test cases, also people will monitor your screen to see if any other tab is opened or not. I think I failed on this step.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a short phone interview with basic questions. Nothing difficult. That was followed by an online skills assessment with two parts. One of them was testing your understanding of programming concepts and your ability to learn a new language. The second part was 4 programming questions that were more algorithm based. They said it wasn't something you could study for, but I disagree. It was harder than I expected and I wish i had studied more. I didn't pass the assessment, but the next step would have been a bunch of in-person interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Why Epic, etc. The skills assessment covered a lot of programming concepts, from simple variable types to complex algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2016.

Interview

I met recruiters from Epic at my career fair and turned in my resume. I received an email for a phone interview quickly thereafter. The interview was 30 minutes, all behavioral. Then, I received an email to participate in a proctored exam. Much harder. It is untimed but they take into account how long you take. It consists of 20 questions about a made up language and then 4 coding questions that you can choose what language to write in.