Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with representative. It was a 15 minute behavioral interview. The representative who talked with me was switched last minute, so he was not prepared that well for the interview. Despite this, he was very polite and nice about it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got contacted after a school career fair. Did a behavioral phone interview and then a coding challenge. Online coding challenge was pretty difficult and had a very strict proctoring environment, in which I didn't get to interact with anyone from Epic, so it was an overall bad experience. Recruiter didn't even get back to me about the results.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

There was a phone interview and 3 hour online technical interview. You cannot get up once you sit down for the technical interview so make sure you don't have to go to the bathroom. There were questions about overall coding with a new language to test your adaptability and then there was a section of code writing that gives you a problem and you can solve it in whichever language and way you choose.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Met them at a university career fair, where the recruiter was really excited about me. I also had two employees offer to me to attach internal company recommendations. I said sure and they were attached to my application internally in their system.

Two whole weeks later they asked for my transcripts, an odd request for a Masters student but whatever. Sent them along. (GPA is 3.8, transcripts are great)

One week later I got an auto-rejection email without even granting me a first interview or phone screening. The email said they were moving forward with other candidates (not that the funding had dried up or anything) and my favorite part was that it had a missing word in it.

I have a polished and well-rounded resume, a Masters, and 3 separate CoOps that I was offered a full time position at. I can't imagine what possible concerns would warrant not even granting me an interview.

Conclusion: Rejection is one thing, this was rude and unprofessional.

Application

Interview

First a non-technical phone call with general questions about past experience and projects. Then a timed and proctored electronic skill assessment with coding questions. The maximum was 3 hours but they said they'd take into account how fast I solved the problems. Since the assessment was electronic, there was no opportunity for asking questions or receiving hints.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: What was a challenge you solved in your last project?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

one round of phone interview and another round of online test. the phone interview was not difficult, just some very typical behavioral questions and two little technical quiz. Then on the next day of the phone interview, I receive an online test invitation. I did the test after two weeks, the questions are pretty hard, they just give you a white board and let you to programming on that, with not test cases, also people will monitor your screen to see if any other tab is opened or not. I think I failed on this step.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a short phone interview with basic questions. Nothing difficult. That was followed by an online skills assessment with two parts. One of them was testing your understanding of programming concepts and your ability to learn a new language. The second part was 4 programming questions that were more algorithm based. They said it wasn't something you could study for, but I disagree. It was harder than I expected and I wish i had studied more. I didn't pass the assessment, but the next step would have been a bunch of in-person interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Why Epic, etc. The skills assessment covered a lot of programming concepts, from simple variable types to complex algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2016.

Interview

I met recruiters from Epic at my career fair and turned in my resume. I received an email for a phone interview quickly thereafter. The interview was 30 minutes, all behavioral. Then, I received an email to participate in a proctored exam. Much harder. It is untimed but they take into account how long you take. It consists of 20 questions about a made up language and then 4 coding questions that you can choose what language to write in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online after seeing them at my career fair. They had me do a behavioral phone screener while I talked a little bit about past projects. After that they make you do a weird technical screener where you have to have a proctor install software on your computer and then watch you. They can actually access files on your computer and control your screen. Big turn off for me as lots of other companies that recruit great candidates don't need to do this. Anyways, the technical screener has 2 parts, 1). They give you a fake programming language and you have to remember logic and pick things up quickly and answer ~20 questions. Do this first. 2). A code screener where you have to do 3-4 programming problems. It's deceptively easy, but actually kind of intricate. You won't have to do any complex algorithms, but you need to know your basics super well. Be able to do string manipulation, Dynamic Programming, and type manipulation (hexadecimal to integer etc.) very well, hashes as well etc.

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA so I'm going to honor that. Look on CareerCup or at comments below.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Phone screening and online coding exam. Phone screening was basic behavioral questions about interest in company, previous projects, etc. Online coding was a few basic algorithm problems that was timed. Could have been in Java or C++ I believe. Not difficult questions but with it being timed it was stressful. I recommend blocking off at least 2 hours just in case because I had to wrap mine up before I was finished.

Interview Questions

• What draws you to computer science and software engineering?   Answer Question