Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

290 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Started with a phone call with a Developer and taking an online personality test. Then i had to take a proctor U assessment. I felt I did excellent on the coding portion of the assessment but got rejected. When I asked what I did wrong I didn't get a reply.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a software engineer who asked me about previous projects I've worked on and gave a good overview of what he worked on in the company and what the company does in general. I then had to take a long, tough technical interview with a speed test on basic math/logic, a series of multiple choice questions about a made-up programming language, and 4 programming problems. If you're a CS major they ask you to do the problems in C, C++, Java. They use an online proctoring program called ProctorU to give the test. Make sure your webcam, audio, and microphone all work before your assessment time, as I had issues, which delayed the start time of the test. Waiting to see if I will move on to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• There is an alarm keypad that has faulty buttons, so the keypad has to accept some incorrect codes, so long as the code contains digits which are in the correct code, in the correct order. For example, if the correct code is "13654", the keypad should accept "13", "165", and "354". Write a program that accepts an input code and determines if it should be accepted or rejected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for an internship at a career fair in Baltimore. Shortly after I received an email to set up a phone screening interview. A week later, I got a call from an Epic employee (I don't know if she was programming) and she asked me a few basic questions. A couple were related to coding, but mainly it was a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult programming problem you've solved   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with representative. It was a 15 minute behavioral interview. The representative who talked with me was switched last minute, so he was not prepared that well for the interview. Despite this, he was very polite and nice about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Columbia, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

After some brief talks with the recruiters in campus career fair, I got an phone invitation. With the discussion of the previous projects, I got an Online Assessment Invitation. However, I failed to pass the assessment. Just some logic and GRE problems, following with 3 programming problems. You have to open the camera, there's a guy watching you the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Given an integer M. return all prime numbers smaller than M.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

Online programming problem exam that is several hours and the company that proctors the exam switches your individual proctors rather frequently, which requires an extensive setup each time. The test proctors were not very gracious and had different standards for what a 'secure environment' was. Test questions were difficult, but were good at sorting through what concepts you knew.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got contacted after a school career fair. Did a behavioral phone interview and then a coding challenge. Online coding challenge was pretty difficult and had a very strict proctoring environment, in which I didn't get to interact with anyone from Epic, so it was an overall bad experience. Recruiter didn't even get back to me about the results.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee. They called me for a phone screen interview right away. Phone screen was an easy one with small technical questions. After that I have to give a technical coding and analytic exam. questions were average.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

There was a phone interview and 3 hour online technical interview. You cannot get up once you sit down for the technical interview so make sure you don't have to go to the bathroom. There were questions about overall coding with a new language to test your adaptability and then there was a section of code writing that gives you a problem and you can solve it in whichever language and way you choose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

Epic's interview included a written test, a personality test, and an in-person interview. They have a well-organized interview process, and I was one of many candidates who interviewed that day. The interview took place on their beautiful campus in Verona, WI and included free lunch at their in-house cafeteria.

For the most part, the interview was smooth and easy. After the interview, I was asked to give a reference from my current employer, even though I hadn't announced my departure. I was very surprised and uncomfortable with that, but eventually they compromised and let me use a reference from a previous job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a recent project that I worked on.   Answer Question