Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied mid September and heard back 4 days later. 4 days after that I had a behavioral phone interview with a Software Engineer and was asked some things like my previous experience, past projects, etc. Nothing technical. Next day received an email saying I'm moving on and had a technical coding test a few days later. Had to use some weird software where a proctor watches you to take the test. Time allotted was 4 hours. One part was answering questions about a made up language and the other part was 4 coding questions of increasing difficulty. 2 weeks later was told I did not get an on site interview and was not moving on.

Interview Questions

• Similar questions that are posted here and on career cup   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

After meeting Epic at my college career fair I was invited to have a phone interview about 2 weeks later which was mostly just personal questions. After the phone interview I had to take a technical test.

Interview Questions

• What projects are you working on? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter and applied on the spot at an engineering career fair. HR contacted me to set up phone interview. 30 minute phone interview and then scheduled technical interview which had to be completed within 5 business days. You get unlimited time, but accuracy and time is taken into consideration. Haven't heard back yet and it's been a little over 2 weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone call where I described my background. After about two weeks, they sent an online test with 4 programming questions where I was proctored by a third party. I believe the online test allowed you to code in a variety of languages.

Interview Questions

• Each question was about string manipulation and data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

brief phone interview, then difficult online assessment. The phone interview was behavioral and was not a problem at all. The guy was fairly nice and polite, and understood a college student perspective. The online assessment consisted of multiple questions with multiple choice, then four coding skill assessment addressing four fairly difficult assignments.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone call with an engineer, mostly served as an introduction to the company. Next was the online interview. Two parts, very long - one which required you to learn a made up programming language and answer a bunch of questions and another which consisted of a couple coding problems that you had to solve in a plaintext editor. No compiler. Got an onsite interview a couple of weeks later.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online using the university part of the career site. I was invited to take their programming exam online along with a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard, just basic questions that you could expect. The programming exam online was pretty long, took around 2 hours to complete and asked about theoretical stuff as well as programming.

Interview Questions

• Theoretical questions about a fake programming language   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Online programming problem exam that is several hours and the company that proctors the exam switches your individual proctors rather frequently, which requires an extensive setup each time. The test proctors were not very gracious and had different standards for what a 'secure environment' was. Test questions were difficult, but were good at sorting through what concepts you knew.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

I signed up for an interview at my university's career fair. First came a screening phonecall to gauge my interest, then a technical phone interview with an engineer in which he asked me high level programming and systems questions. The last thing I did was take an online technical assessment that was proctored by a real person in real time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview programming questions; data structures; algorithm design; recursion; etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I posted my resume on monster and got their email soon. They soon arranged me a phone interview and then set up a online test. It seems that they are really nice. The phone interview is great. They just talk to you with some basic questions.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview is simple. Asked you about your experience on your resume.   Answer Question