Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.9

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2010.

Interview

Had to take a 3 hour exam, 1 hour logic, 1 hour math, and 1 hour to write 5 programs by hand on paper.

Interview Questions

• writing 5 programs by hand for a tech support position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview that just made sure that the employer and the interviewee were on the same page. The next phase was a 3 hour technical test and from there I was declined. The technical skills test was fine, but the programming test was very difficult even though I have had programming classes before. It was exhausting and clearly not a good fit for me, job-wise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview- Assessment test- Onsite interview
    The phone interview was very easy but the assessment test was very hard. It had two part. Coding, and the second part was like IQ test (it was hard for me because I am an international and couldn't understand the questions)

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to Madison?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone screen followed by on-site interview and computer programming skills test. One day at corporate office in Verona with all expenses paid. Good opportunity to meet others working in your future role.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied a few months before my graduation date. They were pretty quick to setting up a phone interview, which was a basic introductory interview. Questions revolved around my resume and current/past projects. The interviewer talked at length about the position, and we exchanged a few words about finer details of the job. Was offered to take an exam through their online proctor service, and promptly replied. The exam had four parts: 1) 2-minute test to see how many questions I could answer 2) 4 programming related questions 3) A test asking questions about a made up programming langauge and 4) A basic logic/math exam. Every section went well except for the programming related section. I waited about a week and was denied the position.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Met Epic recruiter at on campus career fair. Had a phone interview a week later. Just took the technical services Skills Assessment. I am currently waiting to hear back about the status of my application. the skills assessment was grueling, but interesting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

A lot of test.
    long process
    first an phone screen
    then math and program test
    on site interview
    first half day you get to have fun and check out the company
    later on, you get technical interview.
    and then interview with HR
    and then 5 hard computer programming test on paper

make sure you keep all the expense receipt, they can be reimbursed

Interview Questions

• They will ask you "what 5 things you're not" like everyone said before. it can be anything.   Answer Question
    • what bad thing would your reference say about you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process was actually very pleasant. I felt like they were willing to answer any question I had, and talked about very detailed aspects of the Job. I wish they'd been a little bit more open about talking about their software ( though I understand they wouldn't go into details).

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your references, what are the 5 things they wouldn't say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because they actually offered what I asked for (A little over).

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2008.

Interview

Epic contacted me via email after seeing my resume on Monster. I responded to the email, and they sent more information. I can't remember if the next step was a phone interview or a skills test, but both were involved. I passed both the test and the phone screen, and they flew me to Verona for the real interviews. The whole day was scheduled, and there were about 20 interviewees involved. We were split into groups based on what position we were being interviewed for. We met with a current employee in that position, and the interviewees asked questions about what the job was like. After that, there was a traditional one-on-one interview, with pretty standard questions. What would you do in situation x, what did you like about your last boss, what didn't you like, etc. Then we had lunch, and each interviewee was paired with an Epic employee for lunch for another informal tour / Q & A session. AFter lunch was a personality test and second skills test, and after that was the final one-on-one interview with HR-standard interview questions here, as well. After that, a taxi took us to the airport and we went home. A week or two later, they called and said the job was mine if I wanted it.

Having had prior work/life experience and having had lots of job interviews prepared me well for this interview process. A lot of the standard interview questions are difficult to answer believably when you've never had a job before. That being said, for a lot of Epic employees, this is their first job outside of college.

Interview Questions

• Name five things you are not.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't know what they paid, so I just threw out a number when they asked what compensation I was looking for. Turned out I lowballed it pretty heavily. The HR person laughed, and said "We generally start at [much higher than what I said.] I said I'd take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, was contacted to do a phone interview shortly after. After the interview, took the "Epic Exam", along with a personality test a week or so after. The exam involved a verbal assessment, 2-minute speed quiz, Programming skills assessment and a New language assessment (These are the rules for a new language, how would you write this line of code? kind of questions). I then was invited for an on-site interview. I interviewed from the Tech Services department. It was more like a case interview pretending I was working as a TS engineer for epic. What would you in this situation? Kind of question. Overall, the difficulty was not so bad. The recruiter was always responsive to my emails (they have a really good HR team!) and the application process was very smooth and relaxed. I would have taken the job if it was a more development based role considering the salary was very very competitive, but looking elsewhere since I would rather do development than technical services.