Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.9

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Simple behavioral and coding questions. Case interview with STAR answers. Tour of the campus was phenomenal. The food was also very good. They make an honest effort for you to see the campus in its entirely and its entire hierarchy. First was a resume screening, then a phone interview, then an on-site.

Interview Questions

• Q: Two projects, one with higher priority and another with an approaching deadline to which you committed. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview that just made sure that the employer and the interviewee were on the same page. The next phase was a 3 hour technical test and from there I was declined. The technical skills test was fine, but the programming test was very difficult even though I have had programming classes before. It was exhausting and clearly not a good fit for me, job-wise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview- Assessment test- Onsite interview
    The phone interview was very easy but the assessment test was very hard. It had two part. Coding, and the second part was like IQ test (it was hard for me because I am an international and couldn't understand the questions)

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to Madison?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone screen followed by on-site interview and computer programming skills test. One day at corporate office in Verona with all expenses paid. Good opportunity to meet others working in your future role.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus career fair and got a phone call interview first. It was pretty standard and, and the interviewer was someone who currently is working as a team leader of technical services engineer. Now I am waiting to get an online assessment.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Epic?   1 Answer

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied at school career fair. Heard back from Epic within a few days asking me to do a phone interview. Phone interview was very casual: Walked through my resume, answered the standard interview questions, discussed the position and my interests, and then I asked a few questions. Heard back in 3 days asking me to do a skills assessment and Personality Profile. Was invited to interview on site a week and a half after the assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screening; online test, then an onsite interview. They flew me out and took a ton of my time in the various interviews, but I have a computer science minor as well as a liberal arts major, so neither the technical nor the written tests were at all hard for me. All the interviews and the tests went well. Then they hired my English Major, Philosophy Major, and Bio Major friends for a technical position, while waiting 6 weeks then informing me they were not interested.

Word to technical and computer science people -- ignore this place. They waste your time, and overlook your background and the work you put in for less qualified people with higher GPAs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, was contacted to do a phone interview shortly after. After the interview, took the "Epic Exam", along with a personality test a week or so after. The exam involved a verbal assessment, 2-minute speed quiz, Programming skills assessment and a New language assessment (These are the rules for a new language, how would you write this line of code? kind of questions). I then was invited for an on-site interview. I interviewed from the Tech Services department. It was more like a case interview pretending I was working as a TS engineer for epic. What would you in this situation? Kind of question. Overall, the difficulty was not so bad. The recruiter was always responsive to my emails (they have a really good HR team!) and the application process was very smooth and relaxed. I would have taken the job if it was a more development based role considering the salary was very very competitive, but looking elsewhere since I would rather do development than technical services.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied a few months before my graduation date. They were pretty quick to setting up a phone interview, which was a basic introductory interview. Questions revolved around my resume and current/past projects. The interviewer talked at length about the position, and we exchanged a few words about finer details of the job. Was offered to take an exam through their online proctor service, and promptly replied. The exam had four parts: 1) 2-minute test to see how many questions I could answer 2) 4 programming related questions 3) A test asking questions about a made up programming langauge and 4) A basic logic/math exam. Every section went well except for the programming related section. I waited about a week and was denied the position.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I knew Epic through on campus career fair and applied online. After one day, they scheduleed a phone interview with me and then came with an online skill assessment. The coding questions in skill assessment are pretty durable but the rest of them are accessible. After a week of my test, they scheduled an onsite interview for me and I will travel to Madison, WI in two weeks. They cover all the expenses for the trip to Madison, WI.