Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.7

328 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Services Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Epic scheduled the interview and they bailed out. I was pissed of course since I never had any companies I interviewed with bailed out on a scheduled interview. I really liked Epic until I applied for them, which was completely a waste of time

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Epic?
    This is from my school career fair. Not really an interview tho   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Interview

Did a 30 min interview which was super easy; they want to make sure you can talk over the phone without tripping over every word. I wouldn't worry about preparing for it.

The important part is the skills assessments, which are a combination of quick mental math, logic, and programming logic. Definitely drink your coffee before doing these, because speed is a large aspect of the tests.

If you make it through that, you get invited on-site for an interview. This was the most fun interview trip I've ever taken ; Epic takes care of everything, you get to explore downtown Madison the night before, and the interview itself isn't too stressful. For the problem solver position, you have to take a programming assessment which requires extensive ability to solve (aka I had no idea), but this test doesn't determine if you get an offer.

Got an offer exactly 2 weeks after my on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had two comparable job offers, what would be the tiebreaker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

About a week after applying, I had a 30 minute phone interview. It was with a person working in Technical Services who gave me the rundown of the position. It was pretty relaxed. Do some research on the job and company beforehand and you should be fine.

A few days later, I took a skills assessment which went over programming, math, logic and reading comprehensions in a few different test settings. Some of the tests were timed and others had no limit, but faster is better. Make sure to have a calculator (not on a phone). If you have a solid math and/or computer science background, it should be fine.

A few days later, I was invited to an on-site interview. This was really fun, they invite you to dinner the evening before and then the whole next day is spent at the Epic campus. Epic pays for the flight, transportation and reimburses extra costs if you keep the receipts. You have several opportunities to talk with Epic employees and people working in Technical Services. There were three actual "interview" portions of the day. First, I had an assessment to see how I would handle situations and prioritize my workload. Second, I had a standard recruiter interview. Third, I had a programming assessment.

I got an offer about three days after my on-site interview. The whole process took exactly three weeks from the day I applied.

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Phone call asking mostly behavioral questions. I also submitted a coding project online, which was challenging and took 2 hours. This was followed by an on-site visit to Verona, WI with several interviews/tests looking at your math/ problem-solving/ prioritizing skills. You will have several opportunities to talk to people working in the role for which you are interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are the two factors most important to you in selecting a job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, an online skills assessment administered by ProctorU and then an onsite interview at the Epic campus in Madison. The process was pretty straightforward. The skills assessment was somewhat time consuming and there were some slight issues getting all of the hardware to work correctly with the ProctorU system but overall reasonable. The onsite interview day consisted of several different meetings with people involved with the role I was interviewing for and a tour of the campus. It was pretty laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email, applied online, took the online assessment (about 2 hours) and had a phone interview (30 minutes). Then was contacted for a on site interview that lasted about 1/2 a day. Received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

After submitting an application, they had me do a couple of assessments and a phone interview. Phone interview was really helpful in sizing up the position, but in my opinion the assessments were a bit cumbersome, and perhaps not the best in gauging talent. After all this I was invited to their campus in Madison, where I felt I was assessed much more thoroughly with case studies, interview questions, and a more open ended programming assessment.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would prioritize certain pressing issues in a time sensitive context.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Began with a 30 minute phone interview discussing Epic and position interviewed for, moved to a Web Cam proctored programming assessment to test your ability to understand a new programming language, once invited to the onsite interview there was a completely filled day with an HR interview, Case Study. and end of the day programming assessment.

Interview Questions

• What factors play into your job offer decision making?   1 Answer

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Email from recruiter to apply. Didn't apply until months later, but got an email the next day to set up a phone screen and assessments. They connect you with someone in the position and you'll be telling them about yourself, why Epic, and they person on the other end will tell you more about the position. Plenty of time to get your questions answered. Assessments were easy for the most part, but multiple choice portion that gauges your ability to learn a made-up programming language was difficult for me.

On-site invitation came via email the next day and it was a great experience. You get dinner, an overview of Epic, tour of the campus, lunch, and tons of opportunities to ask questions. You'll be with other candidates for the most of it, but the actual "interview" portions are individual. "Case study," HR behavioral interview, and another programming assessment that was more challenging. I thought the day went well in general but I felt like it could've went either way as I left their campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Immediate email after applying. Then a phone interview was set up. This was easy and fun. Supposed to be 30 minutes but mine went on for 75 min. Online assessment for 3 hours. Then another contact in the form of email.