Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Email from recruiter to apply. Didn't apply until months later, but got an email the next day to set up a phone screen and assessments. They connect you with someone in the position and you'll be telling them about yourself, why Epic, and they person on the other end will tell you more about the position. Plenty of time to get your questions answered. Assessments were easy for the most part, but multiple choice portion that gauges your ability to learn a made-up programming language was difficult for me.

On-site invitation came via email the next day and it was a great experience. You get dinner, an overview of Epic, tour of the campus, lunch, and tons of opportunities to ask questions. You'll be with other candidates for the most of it, but the actual "interview" portions are individual. "Case study," HR behavioral interview, and another programming assessment that was more challenging. I thought the day went well in general but I felt like it could've went either way as I left their campus.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Phone Interview was conversational and with an employee who was currently in the TS position. Asked a few standard questions (Why do you want to work at epic etc) and asked me about my schooling background etc and then took quite a while explaining the company and the position. Informative and stress free! I also took the online skill assessment and am currently waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

The interview process began with personality test, and a challenge that tested your ability to reason through a made up coding language. Once past that the interviews were very straightforward. On-site interview consisted of a case study, getting to know other people in the position, a coding challenge, and a behavioral interview with an HR rep.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Got emailed about applying from a recruiter. Applied, had a phone interview, took an online skills assessment, and then flew out to Madison for an onsite interview. Offer came roughly 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was given a list of tasks one might face on a given day and was asked how I would handle them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

casual phone interview, pretty tough logic and coding test, then an onsite interview with personality interviews, a case, and more coding tests. overall was a positive and informative experience- learned a lot about epic and was pleased to have been able to meet and engage with so many people in different roles of the company to get a well-rounded view of the culture

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is comprised of 3 rounds - telephone interview, online technical assessment, and final onsite interview. Interview overall is not hard, and I've heard that even though you don't know how to solve the coding questions, you still can get an onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to set up a phone interview and online assessment within 48 hours. The phone interview was fairly laid back, and was given by a person already working in the TS position. The interviewer explained what I would be doing and asked me a bunch of HR questions.

The assessment was fairly straightforward.

I am still waiting to see if I will be invited for an interview in Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Epic?
      Why Epic?
      Did you go directly to college after high school?
      What is your current GPA?
      Do you know what healthcare sector you would like to focus on?
      Are you interested in any specific parts of coding?
      Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2016.

Interview

Fast and efficient. Phone interview, skills assessment (online (ProctorU) IQ-like test), in-person campus visit (Q and A with current TS, interview with HR, case interviews with team lead, tour, lunch, coding "test").

Coding assessment was to gauge your baseline. 4 open-ended problems, take as much time as you need, write in any language you'd like.

Interview Questions

• "Organize your day" - given a work stream, what do you prioritize and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I met a representative at a career fair (wasn't even planning talking to them, but they seemed bored), and applied right there at the career fair on their ipad (followed up by an email with some questions to answer). I was contacted for a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview was very relaxed; it seems like they're really just trying to draw in talent. After the phone interview, I was contacted to set up an on-site interview.

up until this point, everything was fairly ordinary.

Prior to the on-site interview, they had me complete a series of online assessments (personality stuff, "IQ test" questions, reading / data comprehension, coding exercise (in a made up language, to see how well you can learn)). These were done via ProctorU, so you'll need a windows/mac computer with a webcam.

A day before the on-site interview, I was contacted asking if I would also be interested in another position (Integration Engineer), since I had indicated that I would be interested in a role more directed at development. I said yes, so they set up interviews for that as well during my on-site interview.

On-site interview was nearly a full day, along-side several other candidates. The day included an intro presentation about the company (with snacks), a Q&A with other people in the position(s) being applied for, a short "what would you do in this situation" assessment, lunch (on their dime), a short HR personality interview, and a programming assessment. I was informed that the programming assessment was actually just to give them an idea of your abilities and where to place you, rather than something that would qualify you or disqualify you from the position. They let you use whatever language you wanted, to complete a series of small programming assignments.

Following the on-site interview, I was contacted 2 days later with an offer.

Overall, the interview process seemed more focused on convincing you to work for them, rather than judging what you are capable of, and they seem more concerned with "can you learn" than "what do you know" or "what have you done".

One note on dress code. Their invitation for the on-site interview says "casual" as the dress code. They mean it; employee dress code is pretty casual. "Startup casual" for the interview is probably about the right level to look good for the interview, but not stick out like a sore thumb. My dress shirt, jeans, and nice loafers were about right, and I fit in with the other candidates as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this given a situation ("imagine you're working for us, this client comes to you with this problem, how will you handle it", and they hand you a sheet with an in-depth explanation of what the situation might be, who the clients are, their issues, etc)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with someone currently working as a technical problem solver, followed by an online skills assessment that took two hours. The skills assessment basically just tested logic and common sense. Was asked back for an on site interview. They showed me and some other people that were interviewing for the same position around the campus, which was very nice. Interview was mostly behavioral, and you interview with one person where you do a case study type interview, basically asking how you would prioritize different tasks coming in to work after a weekend. The day concluded with a programming assessment where you had to code to solve 4 problems using any language you knew.