Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.7

323 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

This is multi-step interview process that is a bit different than most: resume/application, phone, testing, and finally on-site. The testing was serious logic and intelligence test. The on-site interview was a final interview (normal on-site questions and a bit of an exam), and "dog & pony" show to sell you on Epic. From what I'm told, the exam is very important in Epic's decision making process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for a position at a college job fair. I took an online personality assessment. I had a phone interview with an Epic representative. I took a proctored IQ test that had math and programming questions. I flew to Wisconsin for a day-long on-site interview. I learned about the software and various roles, took a tour of the buildings, and completed three one-on-one interviews. I also took a grammar and reading comprehension test while I was on-site.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

I posted my resume on Monster and then Epic reached out to me directly and encouraged me to apply for the TS role. I filled out a personality test, had a phone interview, and was then invited to the campus for a full interview. The campus interview took all day and involved 3 tests (math, verbal, programming) as well as 2 interviews (general HR and role-specific). There was also a campus tour and lunch so it took all day. About a week and a half later, I was called by my initial recruiter and offered the job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The programming test was quite rigorous considering that I was applying for a role where they teach you programming. There was a question that you had to solve by knowing the algorithm to generate permutations. That algorithm is definitely not extremely common and I only knew about it from my own readings.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not any negotiating and there really is with Epic. They offered me what I thought was a lot, $62,000 so I took it. I did get three weeks to tell them whether I would accept the offer or not. I called them about a week and half later and accepted it.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email, applied online, took the online assessment (about 2 hours) and had a phone interview (30 minutes). Then was contacted for a on site interview that lasted about 1/2 a day. Received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

After you have applied online, you go through a 3-step process. If they decide that you seem suitable for the job, then they will first give you a quick phone interview. This is followed by an online skills assessment. If you are still being considered for the job, then they will fly you out to the EPIC Intergalactic Headquarters in Madison, WI for a final interview. At headquarters, they tell you what it's like to be in technical services and give you time to ask as many questions as you want. There is also a scenario-based assessment and another skills assessment.

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2016.

Interview

Email, Phone Interview, Exam. Brush up on your coding skills. The questions are of moderate difficulty but time is a very important factor. Probably helps to have a mathematical or programmer turn of mind. Seems like a pretty nice place but probably not for those who can't think under pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview went in three phases: 1) phone interview 2) online exam 3) onsite interview. The online exam was definitely difficult, and had a part 2 that you did on campus if you got to the onsite interview! The phone interview was casual, just know why you wanna work there and kinda what you have an interest in! The company seems really cool, so that shouldn't be too challenging. The exam doesn't really have anything you can do to prepare for it, but just do your best! The onsite interview was AMAZING! That feels like a two way interview, you're interviewing them as well. They take you out to dinner the night before and then go on campus the next day. Feel free to dress casually. Their campus is really neat, indescribable.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

Very involved. I sent in my resume, they then contacted me asking for unofficial transcripts. A week or two later I get an email asking for me to fill out a formal application. A week or so later I get a call asking for a phone interview with a current TS. Then it was an online exam (took about 3-5 hours). Several weeks and I go onsite to inteview -- takes about 5-6 hours. Then an offer came about 8 weeks after the process first started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was in two stages - first a remote technical test that involved a writing sample, a mental math test, and a coding logic test. This takes about 2 hours to complete. Then, if that went well, they fly you out to Madison for a day's worth of on-site interviews, which again include a logic test, a case study, and several "why do you want to work for Epic?" types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Coding problem: in pseudocode, write a program that can identify "additive digits." For example, "123" is additive because 1 +2 = 3. another example is "112233" since 11 + 22 = 33.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Boulder, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief phone interview and then if that went well they did a technical test that was fairly hard but felt more like a standardized test than anything. It was more of an IQ test to make sure you could handle their training. If you passed the technical interview then they would ask you for an on-site interview which for me included flying me out to Madison Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• Based off of my references what would they say are my weaknesses and strengths.   Answer Question