Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2017

2.7

331 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Applied for both TS and Project manager. Consisted of two case studies (one group, one ind), an HR interview, tour of campus, lunch, meetings with employees to ask questions, and a presentation of your own to a group of employees

Interview Questions

• Nothing that difficult. The case study questions kept you on your toes.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2017.

Interview

I did the online logic exam and phone interview in the reverse order that everyone else seemed to do. They scheduled my test first, and it wasn't bad. I had a little bit of programming experience, which helped. Aside from that part, though, most of it was just logic questions.
    Phone interview: very casual. My interviewer had been working at Epic for 12 years, and we talked a bit about Madison and the company. He verified the information I provided on my application (start date, relocation, etc.)

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

phone interview, assessment, onsite interview

phone interview was simple, know your resume, more like them telling you about company
    assessment is a good test of ability, this part is probably the most important part
    onsite was very smooth, everything planned out

Technical Services Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Epic scheduled the interview and they bailed out. I was pissed of course since I never had any companies I interviewed with bailed out on a scheduled interview. I really liked Epic until I applied for them, which was completely a waste of time

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Epic?
      This is from my school career fair. Not really an interview tho   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

About a week after applying, I had a 30 minute phone interview. It was with a person working in Technical Services who gave me the rundown of the position. It was pretty relaxed. Do some research on the job and company beforehand and you should be fine.

A few days later, I took a skills assessment which went over programming, math, logic and reading comprehensions in a few different test settings. Some of the tests were timed and others had no limit, but faster is better. Make sure to have a calculator (not on a phone). If you have a solid math and/or computer science background, it should be fine.

A few days later, I was invited to an on-site interview. This was really fun, they invite you to dinner the evening before and then the whole next day is spent at the Epic campus. Epic pays for the flight, transportation and reimburses extra costs if you keep the receipts. You have several opportunities to talk with Epic employees and people working in Technical Services. There were three actual "interview" portions of the day. First, I had an assessment to see how I would handle situations and prioritize my workload. Second, I had a standard recruiter interview. Third, I had a programming assessment.

I got an offer about three days after my on-site interview. The whole process took exactly three weeks from the day I applied.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Interview

Did a 30 min interview which was super easy; they want to make sure you can talk over the phone without tripping over every word. I wouldn't worry about preparing for it.

The important part is the skills assessments, which are a combination of quick mental math, logic, and programming logic. Definitely drink your coffee before doing these, because speed is a large aspect of the tests.

If you make it through that, you get invited on-site for an interview. This was the most fun interview trip I've ever taken ; Epic takes care of everything, you get to explore downtown Madison the night before, and the interview itself isn't too stressful. For the problem solver position, you have to take a programming assessment which requires extensive ability to solve (aka I had no idea), but this test doesn't determine if you get an offer.

Got an offer exactly 2 weeks after my on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had two comparable job offers, what would be the tiebreaker?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Phone call asking mostly behavioral questions. I also submitted a coding project online, which was challenging and took 2 hours. This was followed by an on-site visit to Verona, WI with several interviews/tests looking at your math/ problem-solving/ prioritizing skills. You will have several opportunities to talk to people working in the role for which you are interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are the two factors most important to you in selecting a job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, an online skills assessment administered by ProctorU and then an onsite interview at the Epic campus in Madison. The process was pretty straightforward. The skills assessment was somewhat time consuming and there were some slight issues getting all of the hardware to work correctly with the ProctorU system but overall reasonable. The onsite interview day consisted of several different meetings with people involved with the role I was interviewing for and a tour of the campus. It was pretty laid back.

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really laid-back. I talked with someone who had the same job title as the job I was applying for. It's mostly just asking them about their experience working at Epic and learning more about the job requirements/skill. I was also kept up to date every step of the way, which was really great.

Interview Questions

• They provided online case studies to show how well you could problem solve, code, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and told to apply for TS and to alert them once I do. I was contacted after for a phone interview. Standard phone interview, talked about my qualifications as well as some behavioral questions. A week after I was told to take an online assessment.