Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Writer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

Began with a short phone interview the on to online testing which you can do on-site or from where you are but someone watches you take the test through your webcam if you do it remote. Final stage was an in-person interview with a group and one on one as well as a tour of the campus in Verona, WI.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

I had an online interview that went great. A current technical writer was the one who called me and we spoke for a good 40 minutes. The conversation (it didn't even seem like an interview since I was very comfortable) went really well where he asked me a few questions about my resume, asked me typical interview questions (Why Epic? Why this position? Where do I see myself in five years? etc). I know that I did well for this portion.

I also took a writing assessment that gave me three writing prompts and I had to answer them. This took the full two hours for me. They weren't hard at all, the only difficult part was that it was timed. I also had to take a personality test. This was really weird. I've never taken one before so the questions caught me off guard. There were also repeats of the same questions, which I think is meant to see if you respond the same for all of them.

After the first phone interview, I had to take another assessment that included writing, math, logic, coding. THIS IS WHERE I'M SURE THE COMPANY DECIDED TO PASS ME OVER. It was really difficult to say the least. For someone who doesn't have any coding experience, and the last time I did legit math was four plus years ago, it was extremely difficult. For the writing section, IT WAS THE SAME TEST I HAD TAKEN A WEEK BEFORE! So I was thrown off and pretty upset that I spent an extra two hours the week before crafting the same response. I wasn't sure if this was a mistake or not. On the plus side, I already knew the questions and how to answer them so it took me much less time answering this time around.

Two weeks later, a HR contact sent me a standard email saying I was not moving forward. Again, I'm positive it was the assessment portion since the phone interview went really well IMO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

Step 1: Online form to submit, with resume and cover letter. Step 2: phone interview, had very nice woman who was currently working the job I was applying for. She answered my questions about what I would be doing and what it was like working for Epic. Step 3: Online, proctored skills tests including writing tests, and a computer programming test (they had you try to learn a made up programming language). Step 4: an online personality test to see if you fit with company culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and completed the initial tests and writing sample within 24 hours of completing my phone interview and receiving my materials. I was told that I was a candidate that they are "extremely interested in" so I passed on other job opportunities while waiting to hear back. It's been 6 months now, and I just found out that they will not be hiring any technical writers for 2016.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was simple. The interviewer was very nice and asked basic questions. The Writing Sample test was a bit challenging only because there was a 2hr time limit. The infamous technical assessment tests, especially the math section, was difficult. I didn't understand a lot of the programming questions because I was never exposed to that.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume online, so I submitted my resume to Epic. A few weeks later I was asked to schedule a 30 minute phone interview within a week or so. The phone interview was pleasant and brief...the interviewer basically walked through my resume and I discussed each point, starting at my education all the way through my current job and why I'm applying to Epic. She then told me a little about the technical writing position and I asked a few questions at the end. It took about 15 minutes. Several days later I received emails to schedule an online proctored test, a timed writing test and a 20 minute personality test. I just finished the proctored test and it was challenging for me. I found the most difficult parts to be some logic questions where they made 3 to 4 points about a subject and then followed with a statement. You had to determine if the statement was true, probably true, indeterminate, probably false or false. There was also a table with missing values based on percentages that you had to fill in. That was harder than it looked. I don't have a good feeling about being called back, but I'm about to start my writing test. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss each school and job that you listed on your resume for the phone interview. Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive. It began with a web application which I believe included a cover letter and transcript, and possibly a few other question. From there I had a phone interview with a woman who was currently working as a technical writer at epic. It was largely informational, but they clearly wanted to get some first impressions of me as well. After that there was a series of tests, including writing samples and a online proctored math/technical/critical exam. This last step was very intense and from there I was notified two weeks later that I was not moving on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Q: What skills do you have working in a team environment?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied online. A week later I was emailed to schedule a phone interview with someone working in the same position as the one I applied for. The phone interview was short, mostly a getting-to-know-you kind of thing. She asked a few questions, and told me more about Epic. I also had to take a writing test, which was timed.
    Two days later, I was asked to sign up for the infamous Skills Assessment test as well as a personality test with a company called Rembrandt. The personality test was frustrating. I got asked the same questions repeatedly. The Skills Assessment test had a live proctor. The most difficult part was the programming section, in which I had to answer questions about a code they had made up. My math skills were rusty and I've never done any programming, so it was difficult. People have posted a few of the questions they had online, but none of those showed up on the test. Honestly, there's no good way to prepare.
    I got asked to an onsite interview. I have that coming up, so we'll see how it goes.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and invited to apply. I had a brief, very basic phone interview, and had to complete a writing sample as well as a logic assessment. Currently waiting to hear from the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and received an email to do a phone interview after I sent them my college transcripts. I had to leave the country last minute so I missed the first phone call and had to reschedule. I talked to a technical writer for the first phone interview 3 weeks after applying. I was then sent a writing prompt to complete which took 2 full hours. It wasn't too hard though

I passed that and was sent an email to schedule a proctored assessment. The programming was the hardest part by far - the other sections took me less than an hour to complete. I also had to complete a Rembrandt personality exam and am waiting to hear back.