Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

3.2

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was easy with interviewer asking about my background and would I be willing to move and then gave me more details about the requirements of the job. She told me about the benefits of the job and living in Madison. The more difficult part of the process was the skills assessment. It was really hard, so don't be surprised if you don't do well on it or feel bad afterwards. It's okay, its a hard process

Interview Questions

• What would make you choose this job over another job offered to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

The overall process moved along very quickly and was fairly easy to complete! Epic was very professional while conducting the phone interview. The technical exam was not something that I was prepared to take as it is definitely something that I was not trained to take.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose communication as your major?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied, was invited to do assessments and a phone interview the next day. The interview was pretty easy, a lot of talking about how my plan lines up with Epic. Assessments were ok, I'm not a programmer but the other questions seemed fine.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

applied online, took the online tests, got a phone interview, got an in person interview. the in person interview took a long time. full day. lots of walking. had to give a 15 minute presentation and do a case study.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

So first I applied online on their website. I was immediately contacted to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and the interviewer was friendly. After this i had to take a proctored online exam type thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

What people have said on here is accurate. What I would add is that, from what I have seen, Epic interviews a lot of people on-site and gives only a few job offers. I would say try your best and have fun, but do not have expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, online assessments (personality, technical learning, coding - yes, everyone takes the coding exam), in-person interview day including a 15-minute presentation in which you teach a panel of employees something. Multiple one-on-one interviews over the course of the day, most of which aren't billed as interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you choose your major? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you plan to get another degree/go back to school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Not much to add to the previous accounts of the interviews, except that the HR interview is not bad at all, contrary to many people's beliefs. Quite easy, actually. Just be yourself so that you feel comfortable and can enjoy the experience.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I started by submitting a resume and some other information, then was contacted about doing a personality test (a bit strange, but not particularly difficult) and an SAT-style exam (most of it wasn't very hard, though I struggled with the last few coding questions). I then had a phone interview, which was very laid-back and easy. It was mostly questions about my resume, my thoughts and questions on the position, and an attempt to gauge my interest. I then was flown out to Madison with all expenses covered and spent the night in a nice hotel. The onsite interview was also really relaxed. They spent just as much time wooing the applicants as they did attempting to find if they were the right fit. It's a busy day and you'll meet lots of people, but it's a lot of fun. Just be yourself and try to be relaxed; they're looking for people who will fit the position and the company, not people who are prepared with all the "right" answers. The facilities really are excellent and there are a lot of great people there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Referred through a current employee. I took the online assessment and then spoke with a current trainer over the phone. I have zero background in coding and am not the best at math, but I didn't think the online test was as crazy difficult as previous reviews had said. My biggest advice is to remain calm, try your best and use scratch paper on the sections that allow it since you can't return to previous answers. Unfortunately for me my proctor wasn't the most helpful person and at one point my test cut out and I lost time to answer questions, but I thought I could make up for it with the phone interview. We had a nice conversation and talked mostly about why I was interested in Epic, the job, etc. Just try your best to make your previous work experiences relate to the position you're applying for. I did not end up getting an invite to the onsite interview though, oh well! My only negative reaction to the experience was the rate Epic would take to get back to you. It took awhile just to schedule a phone interview and then I waited a week only to hear back that I wouldn't be moving forward. I think if you tell them you're waiting on other job offers they speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job? (Even the interviewer mentioned this was an odd question.)   1 Answer
    • What are your plans for the future? (Basically five-year plan.)   Answer Question
    • What skills can you bring to this position?   Answer Question