Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

applied online, took the online tests, got a phone interview, got an in person interview. the in person interview took a long time. full day. lots of walking. had to give a 15 minute presentation and do a case study.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

So first I applied online on their website. I was immediately contacted to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and the interviewer was friendly. After this i had to take a proctored online exam type thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, online assessments (personality, technical learning, coding - yes, everyone takes the coding exam), in-person interview day including a 15-minute presentation in which you teach a panel of employees something. Multiple one-on-one interviews over the course of the day, most of which aren't billed as interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you choose your major? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you plan to get another degree/go back to school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Not much to add to the previous accounts of the interviews, except that the HR interview is not bad at all, contrary to many people's beliefs. Quite easy, actually. Just be yourself so that you feel comfortable and can enjoy the experience.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I started by submitting a resume and some other information, then was contacted about doing a personality test (a bit strange, but not particularly difficult) and an SAT-style exam (most of it wasn't very hard, though I struggled with the last few coding questions). I then had a phone interview, which was very laid-back and easy. It was mostly questions about my resume, my thoughts and questions on the position, and an attempt to gauge my interest. I then was flown out to Madison with all expenses covered and spent the night in a nice hotel. The onsite interview was also really relaxed. They spent just as much time wooing the applicants as they did attempting to find if they were the right fit. It's a busy day and you'll meet lots of people, but it's a lot of fun. Just be yourself and try to be relaxed; they're looking for people who will fit the position and the company, not people who are prepared with all the "right" answers. The facilities really are excellent and there are a lot of great people there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Referred through a current employee. I took the online assessment and then spoke with a current trainer over the phone. I have zero background in coding and am not the best at math, but I didn't think the online test was as crazy difficult as previous reviews had said. My biggest advice is to remain calm, try your best and use scratch paper on the sections that allow it since you can't return to previous answers. Unfortunately for me my proctor wasn't the most helpful person and at one point my test cut out and I lost time to answer questions, but I thought I could make up for it with the phone interview. We had a nice conversation and talked mostly about why I was interested in Epic, the job, etc. Just try your best to make your previous work experiences relate to the position you're applying for. I did not end up getting an invite to the onsite interview though, oh well! My only negative reaction to the experience was the rate Epic would take to get back to you. It took awhile just to schedule a phone interview and then I waited a week only to hear back that I wouldn't be moving forward. I think if you tell them you're waiting on other job offers they speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job? (Even the interviewer mentioned this was an odd question.)   1 Answer
    • What are your plans for the future? (Basically five-year plan.)   Answer Question
    • What skills can you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty informal phone interview. They brought me in for an in person the next week. Both very casual with questions centering around why I chose my previous job/major and why I was interested in more or less being an educator.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in September 2016.

Interview

You first are asked to complete a phone interview, after the phone interview they ask to you to set up a skills assessment, and after the skills assessment you may or may not be asked for an onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Everyone else has touched upon the process to a fairly lengthy degree, and I don't have much to add. You start out with a phone interview, are asked some very general questions, and then sent a follow-up test that you have to take in front of a webcam proctor. They then fly you out onsite to see their facilities, which are fantastic.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

45 minute phone interview, followed by a skills assessment and personality test, leading to an in person interview at their headquarters. During the in person, I met with HR for an overview of the software and breakfast, had a tour of the facility with a trainer, had two interviews with members of the training team, taught my lesson, and met with HR for a one-on one interview. Very long day, and they are good at 'wooing' you