Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions in Verona, WI | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions in Verona, WI

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

My interview day was very long and difficult. The interviews themselves weren't overly technical but there were enough of them to make you unsure of how you did. The campus itself is very impressive and fun to experience.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

applied online, took the online tests, got a phone interview, got an in person interview. the in person interview took a long time. full day. lots of walking. had to give a 15 minute presentation and do a case study.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone call: Very laid back phone call, talked to someone in the position, they described their job, went over my resume, gave me time to ask questions

Assessment: Personality assessment and then logic based questions (math, given a made up code and then answered questions)

On-site Interview: Seemed more like an opportunity to convince me to work for them. Very casual (showed up in T-shirt and jeans). Got to see the software. Case-study on how you would handle situations that arose when you came in to work one day. Overview of the position. Tour of the campus. Lunch. Standard HR interview (very basic). And then another assessment that was just some coding questions (was sort-of difficult, but they mentioned that it was to assess where to put you since some apps need more coding experience, wouldn't put too much weight on it. I have zero coding experience, and just explained my steps).

Overall, not too difficult

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

They are good about getting in contact after applying with a recruiter in person. I had them contact me multiple times via email, though it sent to the spam folder. When they called me, we set up a phone interview. I would say personality goes a long ways with the phone interview and talk up your relatable experiences with software and working in teams. Afterwards was the skills assessment, which is a pain sometimes with computer compatibility. The test was very difficult and tested logic and reasoning. Only 1/4 of the test was coding and it was a made up language. Then, the on-site interview was very accommodating for travel and hotel stay. That being said, on-site consisted of tours, info on Epic, case study problems, and programming assessment. The best approach is communication and personality. Currently I have an offer and am setting up a call to discuss the offer, salary, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (This was asked a lot)   1 Answer

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting a resume, they emailed to schedule a phone interview. It was supposed to be 30 minutes long but I spent an hour talking to a guy that works in the same department as the opening. I was later invited to an in person interview. That process involved having all expense reimbursed in order to visit Verona, WI. They took a group of applicants out to dinner, then the next day, we were taken to their campus. We spent all morning and the early afternoon with the interview process. The itinerary was: company overview and software demo, talk with a person that works in the department, a tour, lunch, HR interview (the shortest thing), and a programming skills assessment.

Interview Questions

• Where Do you see yourself in a few years?   1 Answer

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Began with a 30 minute phone interview discussing Epic and position interviewed for, moved to a Web Cam proctored programming assessment to test your ability to understand a new programming language, once invited to the onsite interview there was a completely filled day with an HR interview, Case Study. and end of the day programming assessment.

Interview Questions

• What factors play into your job offer decision making?   1 Answer

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview was similar to all the other PM interviews on here and was enjoyable, until about the last 45 minutes, so I won't rehash those details. I would like to try and do two things though. First, I'm going to try and convince you to not take the job. Second, if you need the job, I'll explain how to get an offer.

My general impression of Epic is that employees are not trusted. First you have the All Efforts clause, which basically says you can't have another form of income separate from Epic. They will say this is because they may need your effort at a time that conflicts with your other responsibilities, but really it's because they don't trust you to manage your time. Along with this they have the 1 year restriction on ex-employees working for any competition or consulting. Again, no trust. Even during the interview, I was asked questions by a Project Manager that couldn't define terms within the questions or give me more information because she hadn't discussed them with anyone. Apparently, she was handed a list of questions by HR to go and ask interviewees. Current PMs trusted to come up with relevant questions to ask in interviews? Nope. Even the HR person that called with my rejection read from a script, which was obvious from the tone and cadence of his voice. Imagine getting one of those automated rejection emails in your voicemail. No trust to let them be human.

The interview also focused on things you are not, and your weaknesses, rather than your strengths. Which, if you read through a bunch of work reviews, is a theme. During the interview they ask whether you are more thick skinned or take to heart when it comes to constructive criticism. The correct answer in their eyes is thick skinned, because the negative is what they focus on. I'm all for continuous improvement, but solely focusing on the negatives makes for a brutal culture.

Now, if you're still interested, here is how you get an offer. Take the lead during the case study. At some point, you should go up to the white board and lead the meeting. I'm not saying the whole meeting, I'm just saying at some point. Share the space with another interviewee if you have to. You're not trying to run the session and close the others out, you're just looking to lead the discussion at some point and bring everyone along with you. Next, be affable. You don't need to get them to think, you need to get them to smile. If they ask a stupid question, don't ask for clarification, make a joke, and pick the more aggressive option. I'm thick skinned, I'm a talker, etc... Oh one more interesting interaction. During my HR interview we got into a short discussion about the profile typically hired as a PM. HR stated that he thought they hire both listeners and talkers as PMs. The very next question was, Do you prefer talking or listening more? In my head I'm thinking, Ummm you just said it didn't matter for the hiring decision. *The correct answer is talking, and you think listening is important.

Despite all of this I would have taken the offer had I gotten one, but wouldn't have quit my job search. You shouldn't either. Good luck.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Spent most of the morning along with two other candidates talking with 4-5 employees about the expectations of the position, then interviewed with a software dev and a HR person for about half an hour each.

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Got emailed about applying from a recruiter. Applied, had a phone interview, took an online skills assessment, and then flew out to Madison for an onsite interview. Offer came roughly 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was given a list of tasks one might face on a given day and was asked how I would handle them.   Answer Question

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial contact by a recruiter and then online assessments followed by a phone interview. Waiting to hear if invited for an in-person interview. The phone interview was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation. I was informed about the company and a typical day at the company. We mainly went through my resume and I had time to ask questions during the interview as well.