Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions in Verona, WI | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions in Verona, WI

Updated Dec 7, 2017

450 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Apply online. So a recruiter reaches out to me on Handshake and tells me to apply. He basically promised an interview then a week later I receive a rejection email without ever having interviewed. This is unprofessional. Do not tell someone they will get an interview if it isn't going to happen. Anyway Wisconsin is very cold so don't work for Epic unless you want single digit temperatures and snow everywhere.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Very long interview process. Phone interview, skills test, onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted several hours, and involved a priority skills test, discussion with a current employee, campus tour, and an interview with HR. The HR interview felt very invasive, as no other company has demanded that I discuss my family member's medical situation in detail before. Even when I tried to redirect the interview back to my skills, the HR interviewer would not stop questioning until I said that I was caring for a family member for a few months between jobs. It felt like the HR member was trying to find out if it was maternity leave; it was not. I felt incredibly uncomfortable during that part of the interview. The rest of the interview was not very eventful; standard interview questions, a few unusual interview questions, and lots of discussions about the work, work-life balance, etc. The HR interviewer did not ask many questions about my skills or experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What are five things you are not?   Answer Question
    • What would [first job] say about you? What would [second job] say about you? Etc.   Answer Question
    • Why did you move to [state]? What were the family issues? What kind of family issues? Were they medical or legal issues?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate? Would you require assistance in relocation?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a follow up email for a phone call a few days later. I talked with an HR rep about the usual business (background, interests, whatever).

A couple days later I had a call with one of the software engineers. This is pretty non-technical; they asked some background about my projects and why I was looking to change jobs, and I asked him a bunch of questions about working at Epic. I was then asked to take a ridiculous personality test (most annoying part of the process) before getting confirmed for an onsite. I will note that I did not have to take the terrible Proctor U that everyone complains about.

The onsite was very relaxed. It was mostly them demoing Epic's software and campus, and then two 45 minute long sessions of questions. Two days later I received an offer. The pay was quite good for my experience and I declined only because I got an offer from Google later.

Interview Questions

• Describe (in detail) a project you worked on, and some follow ups.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a relatively brief phone screen, after which was their infamous online assessment, which contained around 4 programming questions, a section on a made up programming language that you have to reason about, and a timed section of short logic questions. After the assessment, there was an on-site interview, which was really easy. The behavioral portion asked what I thought my listed references would say about me, and the technical portion just asked me to describe a project I've enjoyed working on.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

First there is a very casual over the phone interview followed by a 2-3 hour long coding / math exam. Additionally there is a strange and long behavior questionaire. If you clear all this, they fly you out for a day long interview in their headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin .

Interview Questions

• Given this scenerio, how would you prioritize your duties.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online. Had an online skills assessment that was about two hours long. Logic-based questions and riddle-type scenarios as well as a coding assessment where they explain a language to you and have you answer questions along the way. Then did a phone interview with an individual currently in the role. Very informal. The majority of the time was spend asking them questions about the role. The next step is an onsite interview which is an all day thing. They want you to do a short 10-minute presentation on any topic that will be evaluated. Afterwards they offer the position or not.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel up to 75%?   1 Answer

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

The initial steps of the interview process were extremely streamlined and it took about a week from when I first applied until I was invited onsite. The phone interview is informal and stress free. The online skills assessment was not as difficult as some others have said, especially if you've had any experience whatsoever with a programming language. Onsite interview was more enjoyable than it was stressful and the campus is beautiful.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

First, there was a video chat screen, where I spoke with a former developer who asked the standard questions, asked if I had any, etc.
    Then, an online coding assessment. Took three hours, a few algorithms questions which were not too easy.
    Finally, onsite interview, where I spoke with a few people and got tours throughout the day, and finally had an interview with a developer which mainly focused on my past experience and preparedness for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge of a past project   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

After getting through the initial phone screen and several online assessments, I was invited to an on-site interview. The day started at 8:30 a.m. and I was done by about 1:30 p.m. The first 45 minutes was an informal group conversation with an Epic staff member and all of the other people interviewing that day for various roles around the company. The staff member covered the basics about the company and then gave a software demo, which was kind of a waste of time since the projector stopped working and so all 10 of us had to huddle around her laptop. After that we each followed our own unique schedule that had been created for us. For me, I had a 30 minute conversation with someone from the Tech Comm department, a 45-minute case study activity, which only took about half the time so the other half was spent in informal conversation with the staff person who facilitated the activity. Then there was a campus tour with 2 other applicants, led by yet another staff member. This was a 30-minute walking tour and we barely saw any of the campus because there just wasn't enough time - but we got the general gist. After that, I had a 30 minute interview with the HR recruiter assigned to me and she reviewed my references list, application, and transcripts with me - then discussed additional roles that might be a good fit for me. Finally, another staff member came and picked up 5 of us for lunch - which was completely delicious and awesome. My last activity for the day was a 90 minute writing assessment - which took me less than an hour to complete and I was taking my time. It was easier than the writing assessment I had taken from home before the interview. All in all, it was a really great experience. Everyone was super nice.

A few tips: I know it's been said over and over, but when they say dress casually, they mean it. Folks were wearing jeans, t-shirts, shorts, even flip flops. It does absolutely nothing for you if you overdress, and you'll just be uncomfortable. I wore jeans and a nice blouse with flats, and wished I had worn tennis shoes by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What would your last boss say you need to improve or work on?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview shortly after applying. The phone interview consisted of me talking about a few projects that I had done in school. All in all it took about 30 minutes. After that came a 2-3 hour test, you connect via your webcam with a third party and someone watches you the entire time you take the test. Before I started the test I had to pan around my room for the guy, and use a mirror to show him I didn't have anything to cheat with. You can't navigate outside of the window your test is in or else it freezes, and then you have ask to have it unblocked. The IQ style questions and learning the new language didn't seem too difficult, or so I thought since I didn't move past this stage, I must not have done well. The programming bit at the end was very difficult. You get 4 questions and can't compile anything. I took a shot in the dark and just wrote pseudocode.

I've taken a number of these sort of tests for potential jobs, and they always seem to weed me out. I really wish I could get the results back to see what I did wrong, as it's a bit disconcerting. I did well in school, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on these tests.