Epic Technical Problem Solver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Technical Problem Solver Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied to Epic on the recommendation of a friend. 2 weeks after submitting my resume I was contacted to let me know that they no longer needed any more candidates for my initial position and asked me if I would like to interview for another position. I accepted and scheduled a phone interview which consisted of nothing more than your basic interview questions and checking your resume. Then I was asked to take a personality test which I completed a week later. Finally I was called to take a skills test a week later which I subsequently took and waited for a response from Epic.

Interview Questions

I chose to not continue the process after passing the skills test because I was offered a position that I was more interested in.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

They called me, listed 30-40 minutes. Typical interview questions. They guy on the phone seemed very passionate and intelligent. Changed my mind about going further in the process. I liked the way they went about the interview. It seemed like a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through University. Got an email form HR few weeks after submitting application. Scheduled a phone screening with a current employee. phone interview was very relaxed and informal they ask basic questions like what do you know about the company. interview was intended to be 30 min. I went little over and lasted about 40 min. after the phone interview, they will schedule you with a online skill assessment. assessment consist of coding, math, logic, English. coding test is not timed and everything else was timed so use your time wisely. currently waiting to hear back the result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter from Epic who said she found my email through my university's resume book. She asked me to apply online so I did. The next day, I got an invitation to do a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days later and got an invitation to do the online assessment. The online assessment was pretty hard, but I guess I did well enough to make it to the next part. They made arrangements for me to fly out to Madison, WI for an onsite interview. I am going to attend that soon.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate? Why did you apply to epic? Do you have any offers you are waiting to hear from?   Answer Question

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in November 2015.

Interview

phone interview->online tests->onsite interview. just like everyone else said on this site. they ask you to learn a fake code language and answer questions on it. i really thought the timed exams were silly and the personality test was just bad. they asked analogy questions, the kind that were removed from the SATs for being highly problematic and generally not helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epic (Stafford, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email. They asked for a phone interview so I replied to the email and they scheduled a phone interview in the morning. The interviewer was nice and had a similar educational background as me which I believe was intentional.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by EPIC and then was offered a phone interview. This interview was scheduled online and times were flexible. I spoke with someone who had the Technical Problem Solver position. Our talk was on the informal side and lasted 30 minutes. Much of the interview was learning about the position as well as EPIC and its campus. There were not any typical difficult interview questions.

The next step was to take an online assessment, after which a second on-site interview was offered. The assessment consisted of some simpler multiple choice questions and a few harder free response questions. Some knowledge of programming was required. The free response questions were difficult and I expect that many people aren't able to complete the assessment fully due to nature of the problems. Despite my not completely finishing the challenges, I received a second interview.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in November 2015.

Interview

The Technical Problem Solver position falls under the department of Technical Services at Epic. The interview process took awhile but was relatively seamless. I initially sent my application through the Epic Careers website. After, I was contacted just a couple days later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Phone interview was standard and asked questions about myself, my interests, my educational background and work experience, then told me about the position that I was applying for.

I was contacted the same day to schedule a time for my skills assessment through ProctorU. The exam was quite challenging and consisted of two parts. The first was to use my prior knowledge to answer some questions (maybe 20?) about a new programming language and how it is used. This was relatively simple. The second part consisted of just four programming questions. The questions each provided relatively complicated tasks for which I had to write a function for. The assessment states that prior programming experience is not really mandatory for the position, but I honestly don't know how one could write a function to complete those tasks without having any experience at all. I can't say there is any way to prepare for that portion of the assessment. Just do your best and write out functions to the best of your ability!

I was contacted a week later about scheduling a day to fly out to Epic in Wisconsin for a face-to-face interview. The travel department did a great job of scheduling my flight and hotel stay. I arrived in Wisconsin early enough to participate in a dinner with a couple Epic employees and a few other recruits. This was really great as I got to ask a number of questions and overall learn about Epic as a company. I highly recommend doing this as it was just good to be able to get great advice for the next day and also to calm any nerves and get a great meal!

My interview time was scheduled for 8:30am at Epic in Verona, WI. The taxi dropped us off at Epic where each recruit received personal agendas for the day. There were a few parts to my day: intro session about Epic as a company, overview of the TS (technical services) job, quick case study where I was asked a few behavioral questions given a few situations, lunch with an employee, an hour interview with my HR recruiter, a quick IQ test, then a tour of the campus. Each portion was pretty relaxed and you really get to learn about Epic and its beautiful campus. The interview with HR was also very standard. You'll be asked questions about yourself, your goals, your interest in Epic, then a few more behavioral questions. Stay calm and it will go well!

Overall, my experience with Epic was great. They treat recruits really well and want to "show off" their campus and company. That's probably because recruits have to relocate all the way to Wisconsin! I'd encourage you to read up more on the company and its history if you have to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 things that you are not?   Answer Question
    • If I were to contact one of your references, what would they say is your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic in November 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by HR to apply for the job (they got my information off my university's job board). After 2 emails I applied and had a brief phone interview. The phone interview is very informal and lasts about 30 minutes. They asked me about a few details on my resume and told me a little bit about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 3 parts to the process. The online application, the phone interview, the technical assessment, and then the in person interview. The in person interview included a case study, another assessment, and a personal interview with an HR representative as well as a tour of the facilities, and an overview of Epic and the job. The technical assessment required the interviewee to utilize their coding skills. The case study was the most intensive, just remember to come up with solutions to problems and not to let stress get to you. The HR interview was very relaxed. Overall the experience was really wonderful.

Interview Questions

• They asked about 5 things that I am not and where I see myself in 5 years.   Answer Question