Epic Technical Services Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Epic

2.9

Technical Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

1:phone interview. Very basic, ask lots of questions about epic
2. Assessments, take very seriously, can be very difficult for non programmers, anyone who is not CSE could be challenged by this.
3. Interview on site. Entire day event, everything you do will have an impact on whether you get hired and whether they like you.

Interview Questions

• Assessment had some difficult questions, make sure to prepare   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on Handshake. I applied. Took several online tests (personality, SAT-type, coding language, coding problem-solving) and did a phone interview. Got an invite for an onsite interview. They flew me out for 2 days. Interviews were casual-dress. Some people wear business casual or a shirt and tie, but they honestly seemed overdressed compared to everyone there. Nobody really cares what you wear - seriously. Onsite, they did a presentation about Epic and a software demo, had small-group Q&A's about working at Epic for the TS role, by a current employee. Did a 30-minute role 1:1 interview with a current TS to evaluate how I prioritized tasks, managed time, and communicated with hypothetical customers. Free, casual lunch with a few other interviewees and a current employee, just shot the bull. Then did a campus tour and an HR 1:1 to talk about what I wanted in a career, salary, current offers, where I want to end up, what I want to work in, culture-fit questions, etc. The HR interview was a great end to the day, I really enjoyed it and it was very informative.

They gave me a call two days later with an offer and I accepted two weeks later. Overall the interview process was long and the tests could be pretty hard, but it was never unpleasant or in-your-face. The people they hire tend to be curious, decently smart people who kind of have coding experience but don't know what they want to do for a career.

Interview Questions

• What kind of culture do you want to work in?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize these tasks and communicate those priorities to your customers?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Simple behavioral and coding questions. Case interview with STAR answers. Tour of the campus was phenomenal. The food was also very good. They make an honest effort for you to see the campus in its entirely and its entire hierarchy. First was a resume screening, then a phone interview, then an on-site.

Interview Questions

• Q: Two projects, one with higher priority and another with an approaching deadline to which you committed. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Applied at school career fair. Heard back from Epic within a few days asking me to do a phone interview. Phone interview was very casual: Walked through my resume, answered the standard interview questions, discussed the position and my interests, and then I asked a few questions. Heard back in 3 days asking me to do a skills assessment and Personality Profile. Was invited to interview on site a week and a half after the assessment.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus career fair and got a phone call interview first. It was pretty standard and, and the interviewer was someone who currently is working as a team leader of technical services engineer. Now I am waiting to get an online assessment.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Epic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screening; online test, then an onsite interview. They flew me out and took a ton of my time in the various interviews, but I have a computer science minor as well as a liberal arts major, so neither the technical nor the written tests were at all hard for me. All the interviews and the tests went well. Then they hired my English Major, Philosophy Major, and Bio Major friends for a technical position, while waiting 6 weeks then informing me they were not interested.

Word to technical and computer science people -- ignore this place. They waste your time, and overlook your background and the work you put in for less qualified people with higher GPAs.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied a few months before my graduation date. They were pretty quick to setting up a phone interview, which was a basic introductory interview. Questions revolved around my resume and current/past projects. The interviewer talked at length about the position, and we exchanged a few words about finer details of the job. Was offered to take an exam through their online proctor service, and promptly replied. The exam had four parts: 1) 2-minute test to see how many questions I could answer 2) 4 programming related questions 3) A test asking questions about a made up programming langauge and 4) A basic logic/math exam. Every section went well except for the programming related section. I waited about a week and was denied the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, was contacted to do a phone interview shortly after. After the interview, took the "Epic Exam", along with a personality test a week or so after. The exam involved a verbal assessment, 2-minute speed quiz, Programming skills assessment and a New language assessment (These are the rules for a new language, how would you write this line of code? kind of questions). I then was invited for an on-site interview. I interviewed from the Tech Services department. It was more like a case interview pretending I was working as a TS engineer for epic. What would you in this situation? Kind of question. Overall, the difficulty was not so bad. The recruiter was always responsive to my emails (they have a really good HR team!) and the application process was very smooth and relaxed. I would have taken the job if it was a more development based role considering the salary was very very competitive, but looking elsewhere since I would rather do development than technical services.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in November 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about 1 month from initial contact to the time when I received my decision. The phone interview was very casual, then there was a series of online tests (4), and finally an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a great way to get a feeling for the company because they probably had me interact with at least 7 or 8 different employees. I felt like the main purpose of the onsite interview was mainly to estimate my interpersonal and communication skills. Finally, at the end of the day they did have me take an additional programming test, which not having much experience with programming I was nervous, and I mostly just wrote a pseudo code, inserting lots of comments, however it must of been good enough because I got the job!

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I knew Epic through on campus career fair and applied online. After one day, they scheduleed a phone interview with me and then came with an online skill assessment. The coding questions in skill assessment are pretty durable but the rest of them are accessible. After a week of my test, they scheduled an onsite interview for me and I will travel to Madison, WI in two weeks. They cover all the expenses for the trip to Madison, WI.