Epic Technical Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Epic

2.7

Technical Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to campus recruiter and applied to this position there. Got an interview in a week. Following that is a technical test. Currently waiting to see if I get to have another interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

30 minute very relaxed phone call, and then an online aptitude and pseudocode assessment. Got a call a few days later inviting me to an on-site interview. The on-site interview itself was also pretty-laid back. You take a tour around campus and participate in a couple different interviews but none too stressful. Waiting to hear back now.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick. First was a phone interview and then an assessment and then an onsite interview. The campus is very cool and the interview itself is very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a time where you have had to gain credibility?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to set up a phone interview and online assessment within 48 hours. The phone interview was fairly laid back, and was given by a person already working in the TS position. The interviewer explained what I would be doing and asked me a bunch of HR questions.

The assessment was fairly straightforward.

I am still waiting to see if I will be invited for an interview in Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Epic?
      Why Epic?
      Did you go directly to college after high school?
      What is your current GPA?
      Do you know what healthcare sector you would like to focus on?
      Are you interested in any specific parts of coding?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with someone currently working as a technical problem solver, followed by an online skills assessment that took two hours. The skills assessment basically just tested logic and common sense. Was asked back for an on site interview. They showed me and some other people that were interviewing for the same position around the campus, which was very nice. Interview was mostly behavioral, and you interview with one person where you do a case study type interview, basically asking how you would prioritize different tasks coming in to work after a weekend. The day concluded with a programming assessment where you had to code to solve 4 problems using any language you knew.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

First you get a quick tour and have some general meet and greets. Then you will be asked a series of questions to gauge you prioritization skills. Then you will wrap up the day with another interview then a coding exam to test your coding abilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 3 Rounds and the process took about 2 weeks.

1) Phone interview which was mostly just a description of the job and responsibilities from someone in the position.

2) Online test with logic, a made up coding language and personality questions. From what I understand this is more important than the phone interview.

3) Onsite which was very relaxed. I had 1 case study and a programming assessment. The rest of the time was spent on a tour and a group interview with someone who had been a TS for a long time. Overall a fun experience.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I met a representative at a career fair (wasn't even planning talking to them, but they seemed bored), and applied right there at the career fair on their ipad (followed up by an email with some questions to answer). I was contacted for a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview was very relaxed; it seems like they're really just trying to draw in talent. After the phone interview, I was contacted to set up an on-site interview.

up until this point, everything was fairly ordinary.

Prior to the on-site interview, they had me complete a series of online assessments (personality stuff, "IQ test" questions, reading / data comprehension, coding exercise (in a made up language, to see how well you can learn)). These were done via ProctorU, so you'll need a windows/mac computer with a webcam.

A day before the on-site interview, I was contacted asking if I would also be interested in another position (Integration Engineer), since I had indicated that I would be interested in a role more directed at development. I said yes, so they set up interviews for that as well during my on-site interview.

On-site interview was nearly a full day, along-side several other candidates. The day included an intro presentation about the company (with snacks), a Q&A with other people in the position(s) being applied for, a short "what would you do in this situation" assessment, lunch (on their dime), a short HR personality interview, and a programming assessment. I was informed that the programming assessment was actually just to give them an idea of your abilities and where to place you, rather than something that would qualify you or disqualify you from the position. They let you use whatever language you wanted, to complete a series of small programming assignments.

Following the on-site interview, I was contacted 2 days later with an offer.

Overall, the interview process seemed more focused on convincing you to work for them, rather than judging what you are capable of, and they seem more concerned with "can you learn" than "what do you know" or "what have you done".

One note on dress code. Their invitation for the on-site interview says "casual" as the dress code. They mean it; employee dress code is pretty casual. "Startup casual" for the interview is probably about the right level to look good for the interview, but not stick out like a sore thumb. My dress shirt, jeans, and nice loafers were about right, and I fit in with the other candidates as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this given a situation ("imagine you're working for us, this client comes to you with this problem, how will you handle it", and they hand you a sheet with an in-depth explanation of what the situation might be, who the clients are, their issues, etc)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

After you have applied online, you go through a 3-step process. If they decide that you seem suitable for the job, then they will first give you a quick phone interview. This is followed by an online skills assessment. If you are still being considered for the job, then they will fly you out to the EPIC Intergalactic Headquarters in Madison, WI for a final interview. At headquarters, they tell you what it's like to be in technical services and give you time to ask as many questions as you want. There is also a scenario-based assessment and another skills assessment.

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through a campus recruiter. Quickly added my resume online and started the process within a couple days. Had to do an initial phone interview with a rep to see how interested you were in working with them and how well you could fit the company. Interview wasn't too hard as the rep didn't really go into any real detail about anything in particular. Afterwards, a personality test and logic test was applied, followed by a coding skill test that was preformed through UProctor. The tests weren't too hard, but required a lot of speed as logic and coding sections had time limits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Epic? What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question