Epic Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

3.1

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in August 2014.

Interview

I had a friend refer me to Epic, which sort of helped speed up the interview process. I then had to fill out the online application anyway. I then had a phone interview with another person in the position I was interested in nine days after my friend submitted my inquiry. The phone interview was really pleasant. The trainer asked me questions about if I had any education experience and why I was interested in the position. It took about forty minutes for me even though they say it'll only be about 30. I felt my phone interview went very well.

Then they sent me links for the online tests. There was a timed test (how many questions can you answer in 2 minutes), a math test, a programming test, a verbal test, and a personality test. I took mine online at home, so I had the online proctor watching over. Even though they said you don't need to prepare for those tests, I would research questions beforehand especially if you haven't taken math in awhile and to get an idea of the programming questions. I took it really early in the morning before, and I really should've waited until I was mentally awake enough. I also made the mistake of doing the timed one first, which I would do second after you're more acquainted with the process. Having never taken computer programming, I only understood about half - three-fourths of the programming exam, which they said doesn't really matter since my position wouldn't be involving that. I took longer than the average time for the exams, which I blame for me not advancing in the application process any farther along with probably failing the programming and timed ones.

Interview Questions

• A man walks into a hardware store and wants to buy something. The sales associate says that one item is $1. The man says he wants "300." The sales associate says that will be $3. What did the man buy?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Trainer Interview

Interview

First I received a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and we even got a bit off topic. Then I had to do an online skills test that took about two hours. Next I had to do a writing assessment that took about an hour. Then they invited me for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to go straight from high school to college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

They have a multiple step process including: Phone interview, online assessment, and on-site interview. The phone interview is pretty straightforward - they will tell you about the company and their role (they will have someone from the function you applied for call you, not someone from HR). They will ask you about relevant experience, and give you a chance to talk about yourself. They give you plenty of time to ask any questions that you may have, so be sure to have some prepared. They will also ask about other positions that you may be interested in and when you go to interview on site you will interview with people relevant to those positions.

The online assessment is position specific, but everyone gets a computerscience/coding section. I also had a speed math section, a problem solving math section (more standardized test like, but nothing above algebra), and a grammar section. You will have an online proctor via a webcam, so be sure to be in an appropriate place.

If you get invited on site, they actually spend a good amount of time selling the company to you. You will get the chance to speak with several different people relevant to your possible position(s), not all of which are really interviews. Most of the people you talk to are not HR, but people who work in your possible function or related who do interviews/show you around. I had two presentations, one long and one short. The instructions said not to allow time for questions at the end because they would ask questions as you moved along, but I did not get asked a single question until the end of my presentation.

Interview Questions

• Short Presentation: 2 minutes to explain how to do an everyday task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I'm a 41 year old systems trainer with 15 years of experience. I was asked to interview for an EPIC systems trainer position. I didn't hear anything for about three weeks. Then I got an email around 3:30 one day, to come in for an assessment that would include math and programming, at 8 am the next morning. Mind you, I have not done an SAT/GRE type test in over 20 years. I was told, don't worry, you don't have to prepare, you'll do fine. I am most definitely a horrible test taker and I could not believe the ridiculous questions. Why would a trainer (who trains system end users) take a math and programming test? It was completely humiliating and I don't understand the company's thinking in making every person on an implementation take this test. I have my master's degree in English and I'm considered a very good training developer and trainer. What a horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• some crazy question about "a teenager and a half"...what is half of a teenager??   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

I started by turning in an application through Epic's website. Next, I received an online personality test to complete. About a week later I was asked to do a phone interview. A week after that Epic wanted me to take some external assessments on logic/math. I must have passed those because next I was called for an in-person interview. The day long interview consisted of a few interviews, a presentation, a tour of the campus and their software, and lunch. Overall I am impressed with Epic's culture and work ethic- if you know what you are getting into with Epic, you should enjoy it. I received an accepted Epic's offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interesting in working at Epic? How did you hear about Epic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

Once you apply, you have to get through the online personality test. Once you pass that, they contact you for a phone interview. About a week or so after that, they will call to schedule an in-person interview and assessment. Phone interview is about half an hour. It went really well and I received an invite.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pretty standard, such as describe your best traits, etc. The quiz part was on a computer. They explain what you are suppose to do very quickly and briefly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Multi-step process with several components, including a phone interview and an assessment prior to scheduling an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a half a day or so, and included a tour of the facility and several one-on-one interviews throughout the day. The interview also included a presentation, where you were presenting to three HR employees about a topic of your choosing.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

45 minute phone interview, followed by a skills assessment and personality test, leading to an in person interview at their headquarters. During the in person, I met with HR for an overview of the software and breakfast, had a tour of the facility with a trainer, had two interviews with members of the training team, taught my lesson, and met with HR for a one-on one interview. Very long day, and they are good at 'wooing' you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

The Epic recruiter reaches out to you and invites you to apply. Then you submit a resume. After submitting a resume, they send you links to take a personality assessment, web proctored GRE-like test & programing test. Next, you speak with a Trainer/Project manager for a screening.

They say that you can't prepare for this exam, but you can!

To ace the programming portion, take Fundamentals of C# for free at Microsoft's virtual academy.
    To pass their web-proctoered exam, get a GRE quantitative study book or look at practice problems. Also study "modus tollens and ponens" like problems; there are a lot of those on their assessment.

Unless, you are a super genius, I really wouldn't waste the energy and time applying; they seem to be just building a database of qualified candidates for use one day.

FYI, the web-proctored exam is a total violation of privacy of your computer and the place you choose to take the test.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your experiences at [job on your resume] that are applicable to the training position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Did you go fright from high-school to college or did you take time off to get professional work experience?   Answer Question
    • Why do you choose Epic?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to move to Madison?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and heard back within a few days for an online test and phone interview. Online test took about two hours and required an online proctor. The phone interview (though the first scheduled one didn't happen) was casual and with someone in the position. A few days later I received a form rejection by email.