Epic Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

3.1

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online via their website. I was contacted about 3 days later to schedule a phone interview and take a personality test. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and personable. She was a member of the training team, not hr. She described her role on the team, the culture at epic and what to expect. The final step was the skills assessment which was a proctored exam that tested on logic, math and some IT coding language. Even if you do not apply for an IT position you still have to take this. I thought this was the most difficult part and it was timed. I felt the skills assessment was unnecessary and not relevant to the job I had applied for. I believe the last part to the interview process is an onsite interview where you pick a topic to present on, have multiple group interviews and more testing. I did not make it to this part.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

I started by turning in an application through Epic's website. Next, I received an online personality test to complete. About a week later I was asked to do a phone interview. A week after that Epic wanted me to take some external assessments on logic/math. I must have passed those because next I was called for an in-person interview. The day long interview consisted of a few interviews, a presentation, a tour of the campus and their software, and lunch. Overall I am impressed with Epic's culture and work ethic- if you know what you are getting into with Epic, you should enjoy it. I received an accepted Epic's offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interesting in working at Epic? How did you hear about Epic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in June 2019.

Interview

I filled out the online application, and received an email invite for a phone interview the next day. I had to take a personality test and a skills assessment that was reminiscent of the ACT. I received an invitation for an onsite interview four days after the completion of these assessments. Epic paid for airfare and a great hotel, as well as all other travel costs. The onsite interview was interesting in that, while I was certainly being assessed, much of it felt like they were trying to sell me on working there. Lots of grandiose sites, and it all felt a bit like propaganda, but also mostly genuine.

Trainers have to give a presentation, which was the most intense part, even though there were only four people watching. The dress code is completely casual, and the one candidate who dressed up for the interview was distinctly out of place.

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario and 5 minutes to read it, then asked to explain how I would manage it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied and was contacted right away to set up a phone interview. Once that was set up, I needed to complete an online skills assessment. The skills assessment tested your "critical thinking and logic skills"... more specifically they give you a fake coding language and questions about that, math questions, and comprehension questions. It took me about two hours to complete. Then, I had my phone interview, and I thought it went really well, but unfortunately they did not offer me an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What percentage would you be willing to travel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2019.

Interview

If you aren't a computer science person nor a recent graduate, don't bother applying here. It's a total waste of time-- and believe me they waste A LOT of your time. The phone screening was 30 minutes and pretty straight forward. The online assessments you have to do take hours and the process of being proctored via webcam from a foreign country is annoying at best. I had to stop the test in the middle of a timed section due to the proctor being kicked out of the session to show her around the room again. The onsite interview takes an entire day and you are inundated with MANY people, and you must impress all of them and stand out even if it is a standard overview or tour session with a group of others. The case studies they have you do onsite seem to be very technical even for roles that are not supposed to be non-technical and entry-level.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in January 2019.

Interview

The first interview was really relaxed. I spoke with someone in the role I was applying for and was able to get a better understanding of the position. It was a very relaxed conversation.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I got an email requesting that I do a phone interview and a couple of online tests. Strangely, they had me do the tests first, but I am fairly certain no one looked at those before going on to the phone interview.

The reason I say this is that the testing was a complete mess. They pay ProctorU to do the testing and the person who was supposed to be monitoring mine/helping with the technical parts completely messed things up. Actually the whole thing was insane... like SNL skit insane.

First they want you to have a photo ID and hold it up to your computer's camera. Okay... oops, no... they can't see it. Could you move this way? Maybe that way? This went on for five minutes or more... then ... get your phone and try to use it to magnify the ID. Yes, seriously. There I was holding my phone in one hand and my ID in the other and trying to do some magic trick to make it big enough that this woman could see it. We had to have spent 20 minutes on this.

Then they want to "see the room." This means either using a mirror or picking up your computer and twisting it around... oh and under your desk... I have a Surface and everytime I took it off the docking station there was a delay which meant they "missed" some part of the room. Could you do that again? I have no idea how long this took... But yeah, I stuck with it because... SERIOUSLY? Still wondering if I was being punked.

Finally, I get the tests. Of course by this time I'm just a tad stressed. Okay. Whatever. Get through the first two tests... a speed one and one that was some pretend programming thing. Ready to move on to the next two tests, but BAM. No... even though the Proctor had supposedly set my computer up so pop-ups weren't blocked, this new test activated them.

And this is when the fun REALLY started. I got kicked out of the test and could not get back on. Two different people logged on to get me back in. No go. And the really great part is you can see them there doing the same thing over and over, getting SHOCKINGLY, the same results of nothing and you can't talk to them because they have the communicate with them window hidden and you don't have control of your computer.

Finally, when the third person logged in and asked me if he had permission to take control of my computer, I said no. This craziness (just this last part) had been going on for an hour. So, I booted the whole mess.

Real kicker? Later I went in and discovered they had BLOCKED their site instead of ALLOWING it. Yep, it was on my blocked list.

As you can imagine all of this did not make me feel all that good about Epic... especially considering the work they do.

Still, I like their location and the job sounded like a good match for my skill set, so I emailed my contact and told her I would be happy to try the tests again. She told me not to worry about it, that they would take it into consideration...

Phone interview was next and it was great. It really was.

Then the rejection. So.... yeah. It feels like they are taking advantage of people by making them jump through insane hoops before really vetting whether they are truly interested. Kind of a why not? It doesn't cost them much...

I was interested in the job, but I also feel a bit as if I may have dodged a bullet.

Trainer Interview

Interview

I submitted my application through Epic's website and was asked to do a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly straightforward and enjoyable, they did not ask any questions that were .out of the ordinary. I had to do personality and skills online testing. Definitely make sure you have a calculator! I was not invited for an in-person interview but that would have been the next step.

Interview Questions

• What's your 5 year plan / do you intend to continue on to professional school?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I applied online--they got back to me within hours of applying which was great! I scheduled a phone interview and the online exam. I took the exam first--it was very hard, I didn't understand much of it. Lots of questions regarding coding and math. Be ready. Phone interview was the next day, it went decent. The person I talked to was very nice and they asked me basic questions. After the phone interview and test I did not get to move forward with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in August 2018.

Interview

I only had a phone interview, but that was very laid back. She asked some basic get to know you questions and then talked about what the position entailed. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes. Prior to the phone interview I took the required online tests. These tests are not easy!!!! You will not ever find out your score, but the decision to move forward with an in-person interview is determined by the test results and phone interview. Good luck!!