Epic Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

3.1

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in August 2014.

Interview

I had a friend refer me to Epic, which sort of helped speed up the interview process. I then had to fill out the online application anyway. I then had a phone interview with another person in the position I was interested in nine days after my friend submitted my inquiry. The phone interview was really pleasant. The trainer asked me questions about if I had any education experience and why I was interested in the position. It took about forty minutes for me even though they say it'll only be about 30. I felt my phone interview went very well.

Then they sent me links for the online tests. There was a timed test (how many questions can you answer in 2 minutes), a math test, a programming test, a verbal test, and a personality test. I took mine online at home, so I had the online proctor watching over. Even though they said you don't need to prepare for those tests, I would research questions beforehand especially if you haven't taken math in awhile and to get an idea of the programming questions. I took it really early in the morning before, and I really should've waited until I was mentally awake enough. I also made the mistake of doing the timed one first, which I would do second after you're more acquainted with the process. Having never taken computer programming, I only understood about half - three-fourths of the programming exam, which they said doesn't really matter since my position wouldn't be involving that. I took longer than the average time for the exams, which I blame for me not advancing in the application process any farther along with probably failing the programming and timed ones.

Interview Questions

• A man walks into a hardware store and wants to buy something. The sales associate says that one item is $1. The man says he wants "300." The sales associate says that will be $3. What did the man buy?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

They have a multiple step process including: Phone interview, online assessment, and on-site interview. The phone interview is pretty straightforward - they will tell you about the company and their role (they will have someone from the function you applied for call you, not someone from HR). They will ask you about relevant experience, and give you a chance to talk about yourself. They give you plenty of time to ask any questions that you may have, so be sure to have some prepared. They will also ask about other positions that you may be interested in and when you go to interview on site you will interview with people relevant to those positions.

The online assessment is position specific, but everyone gets a computerscience/coding section. I also had a speed math section, a problem solving math section (more standardized test like, but nothing above algebra), and a grammar section. You will have an online proctor via a webcam, so be sure to be in an appropriate place.

If you get invited on site, they actually spend a good amount of time selling the company to you. You will get the chance to speak with several different people relevant to your possible position(s), not all of which are really interviews. Most of the people you talk to are not HR, but people who work in your possible function or related who do interviews/show you around. I had two presentations, one long and one short. The instructions said not to allow time for questions at the end because they would ask questions as you moved along, but I did not get asked a single question until the end of my presentation.

Interview Questions

• Short Presentation: 2 minutes to explain how to do an everyday task.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Interview

First I received a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and we even got a bit off topic. Then I had to do an online skills test that took about two hours. Next I had to do a writing assessment that took about an hour. Then they invited me for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to go straight from high school to college?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Applied online, still going through the process.

Phone interview with a current trainer. Nice chat, very comfortable. Be sure to prepare questions. They will answer many of your questions, but it always helps to have one or two that may help make a positive impression.

Online Assessments. I did the personality test, along with the big grouping of language, math, and programming tests. I also did the writing assessment. It's tedious, no doubt about it. You've just got to gird up your loins and get after it.

Location Interview. You must teach a 15 and a 2 minute lesson to a current group of employees. The 15 minute lesson can be on any topic, the 2 minute lesson should be on an everyday task. They'll supply a whiteboard (which I'd find a way to use!), but no Power Points or visuals. I suggest choosing lessons that don't require a lot of supplemental materials. Make it about you, you're the star of the show. It definitely seems that they're looking to see that you are personable, poised, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Just seriously think about why you want to work for the company. Being capable of articulating a poignant and sincere response to that question will go a long way. Get past the money and the perks.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I applied online. After a phone interview and a skills test, I was invited to interview onsite. The day started off pretty low key. Everyone seemed very nice and welcoming. There was a tour, a Q and A session with a current trainer, 2 presentations, lunch, a tour, and then 5 30 minute interviews. Most of the questions were situational questions that you can't really prepare for and have to think of on the spot. The hardest interview is with your HR person at the end of that day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic (Oxford, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, then was given an assessment and personality test; assessment was very difficult and had 4 sections--one was a computer programming section and the position I applied for was not going to be using it. Other sections were timed math, untimed math, and verbal.Took me 2 hours to complete it. I was not asked back after the assessment. I know that after the assessment is a company visit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview just to get a feel for you. If you pass this portion they will have you complete a battery of tests. One of the tests is a personality test the other test has a logic and math section, a verbal association section and a speed section. If the tests go well you will be asked on site for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview. This was very basic. They asked the usual "where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "why do you want to work for our company?" etc. I also had to complete an online profile. This mostly consisted of "rate these statements in order of how well they relate to you". After my phone interview I took my technical assessment a few weeks later. This consisted of mostly word problems that you have to figure out and it is not multiple choice.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting a resume I got an email to set up a phone interview. I talked with a current trainer who has been with the company for 3 years. I was also asked to complete a Rembrandt Profile (personality test) and a Skills Assessment as part of the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was overall great. Probably the most fun I have had interviewing. The process started when I submitted my resume through my University's online system. I was then contacted by a member of the HR department for a phone screen. The phone screen was relatively simple and just asked a few basic questions. After that, I completed the skills test, which included reading, math, writing, and a short pseudo-coding portion. I honestly thought this was really difficult and thought I had failed, but I guess I didn't. My advice would be just to do your best on it. I also completed the Rembrant profile, which is basically a personality test - there really are no right answers, I would recommend just answering honestly so HR can fit you with a good position in the company. Finally, a few days after completing my assessments, I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. They booked me a flight and a hotel in the Hyatt downtown with all expenses paid. It was overall a very pleasant experience. The interview itself was mostly just behavioral questions, so definitely prepare. Some of the questions were more difficult than I anticipated because they asked follow-up questions. For example, they asked if I was a decisive person or if I was more deliberative. When I said decisive, they asked me to give an example of a time I made a decisive decision and how it turned out, or they asked about giving a time that I was more deliberative and how that worked. In the end, just be as confident as possible. I had 2 behavioral interviews, 1 HR interview, and then a 15 minute presentation and a 2 minute presentation. The HR interview wasn't too bad, but do take it seriously, they do ask some difficult questions. PREPARE THE PRESENTATION. Don't be surprised if they don't laugh at your jokes during the training panel - they tend to have a poker face. I just recieved a call back saying they had moved forward with other trainers, but they want to consider me for a project manager/implementation consultant position. My HR contact set me up with a phone call to talk to a current project manager and learn more about the position. I am actually super happy they did so, because the training position seemed a bit overwhelming for me, but if I was offered the Project Manager position, I will probably accept it.