Epic Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

The Epic recruiter reaches out to you and invites you to apply. Then you submit a resume. After submitting a resume, they send you links to take a personality assessment, web proctored GRE-like test & programing test. Next, you speak with a Trainer/Project manager for a screening.

They say that you can't prepare for this exam, but you can!

To ace the programming portion, take Fundamentals of C# for free at Microsoft's virtual academy.
To pass their web-proctoered exam, get a GRE quantitative study book or look at practice problems. Also study "modus tollens and ponens" like problems; there are a lot of those on their assessment.

Unless, you are a super genius, I really wouldn't waste the energy and time applying; they seem to be just building a database of qualified candidates for use one day.

FYI, the web-proctored exam is a total violation of privacy of your computer and the place you choose to take the test.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your experiences at [job on your resume] that are applicable to the training position?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • Did you go fright from high-school to college or did you take time off to get professional work experience?   Answer Question
  • Why do you choose Epic?   Answer Question
  • Are you willing to move to Madison?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic in June 2015.

Interview

The interview involved a very detailed review of my resume. The interviewer went over every detail listed in my resume. I think the very first question was a means of ascertaining my age. The questions were very focused on my background and not so much on my personality or accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Did you take time off between high school and college?
      Are you willing to move to Madison?
      What is your teaching style?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

The first few steps of the hiring process consist of completing an application and sending in a resume/transcripts. I received an email the very next day, less than 24 hours after submitting it, and they set up a phone interview for the next week and gave me instructions to take the online exam. I had to take the exam within 5 days of receiving the email. The exam was ok, I'm not positive on how well I did, but I'm sure I will find out soon enough. It consisted of grammar, 2-minute math, logic, and programming. The programming section was obviously out of my league, but the basic point of it was to see how well you pick up on simple steps and if you're able to apply it to more complicated problems. Then, I had to take a personality test, which was slightly strange. What Epic is really looking for are those who stand out, are aggressive/assertive, look at the bigger picture, and aren't afraid of change. The next week, I completed my phone interview. It was actually very relaxing and refreshing. They don't want it to be stressful, so I had a pleasant conversation with a trainer about the job and what it consists of. At the end, I was told I would be contacted within a week or two about my application. I then received an email from Epic an hour later restating this fact. Overall, not too bad, but I am waiting to see if it's all just in my head!

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and heard back within a few days for an online test and phone interview. Online test took about two hours and required an online proctor. The phone interview (though the first scheduled one didn't happen) was casual and with someone in the position. A few days later I received a form rejection by email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Multi-step process with several components, including a phone interview and an assessment prior to scheduling an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a half a day or so, and included a tour of the facility and several one-on-one interviews throughout the day. The interview also included a presentation, where you were presenting to three HR employees about a topic of your choosing.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Applied online, still going through the process.

Phone interview with a current trainer. Nice chat, very comfortable. Be sure to prepare questions. They will answer many of your questions, but it always helps to have one or two that may help make a positive impression.

Online Assessments. I did the personality test, along with the big grouping of language, math, and programming tests. I also did the writing assessment. It's tedious, no doubt about it. You've just got to gird up your loins and get after it.

Location Interview. You must teach a 15 and a 2 minute lesson to a current group of employees. The 15 minute lesson can be on any topic, the 2 minute lesson should be on an everyday task. They'll supply a whiteboard (which I'd find a way to use!), but no Power Points or visuals. I suggest choosing lessons that don't require a lot of supplemental materials. Make it about you, you're the star of the show. It definitely seems that they're looking to see that you are personable, poised, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Just seriously think about why you want to work for the company. Being capable of articulating a poignant and sincere response to that question will go a long way. Get past the money and the perks.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in August 2014.

Interview

I had a friend refer me to Epic, which sort of helped speed up the interview process. I then had to fill out the online application anyway. I then had a phone interview with another person in the position I was interested in nine days after my friend submitted my inquiry. The phone interview was really pleasant. The trainer asked me questions about if I had any education experience and why I was interested in the position. It took about forty minutes for me even though they say it'll only be about 30. I felt my phone interview went very well.

Then they sent me links for the online tests. There was a timed test (how many questions can you answer in 2 minutes), a math test, a programming test, a verbal test, and a personality test. I took mine online at home, so I had the online proctor watching over. Even though they said you don't need to prepare for those tests, I would research questions beforehand especially if you haven't taken math in awhile and to get an idea of the programming questions. I took it really early in the morning before, and I really should've waited until I was mentally awake enough. I also made the mistake of doing the timed one first, which I would do second after you're more acquainted with the process. Having never taken computer programming, I only understood about half - three-fourths of the programming exam, which they said doesn't really matter since my position wouldn't be involving that. I took longer than the average time for the exams, which I blame for me not advancing in the application process any farther along with probably failing the programming and timed ones.

Interview Questions

• A man walks into a hardware store and wants to buy something. The sales associate says that one item is $1. The man says he wants "300." The sales associate says that will be $3. What did the man buy?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Interview

First I received a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and we even got a bit off topic. Then I had to do an online skills test that took about two hours. Next I had to do a writing assessment that took about an hour. Then they invited me for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to go straight from high school to college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

They have a multiple step process including: Phone interview, online assessment, and on-site interview. The phone interview is pretty straightforward - they will tell you about the company and their role (they will have someone from the function you applied for call you, not someone from HR). They will ask you about relevant experience, and give you a chance to talk about yourself. They give you plenty of time to ask any questions that you may have, so be sure to have some prepared. They will also ask about other positions that you may be interested in and when you go to interview on site you will interview with people relevant to those positions.

The online assessment is position specific, but everyone gets a computerscience/coding section. I also had a speed math section, a problem solving math section (more standardized test like, but nothing above algebra), and a grammar section. You will have an online proctor via a webcam, so be sure to be in an appropriate place.

If you get invited on site, they actually spend a good amount of time selling the company to you. You will get the chance to speak with several different people relevant to your possible position(s), not all of which are really interviews. Most of the people you talk to are not HR, but people who work in your possible function or related who do interviews/show you around. I had two presentations, one long and one short. The instructions said not to allow time for questions at the end because they would ask questions as you moved along, but I did not get asked a single question until the end of my presentation.

Interview Questions

• Short Presentation: 2 minutes to explain how to do an everyday task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was overall great. Probably the most fun I have had interviewing. The process started when I submitted my resume through my University's online system. I was then contacted by a member of the HR department for a phone screen. The phone screen was relatively simple and just asked a few basic questions. After that, I completed the skills test, which included reading, math, writing, and a short pseudo-coding portion. I honestly thought this was really difficult and thought I had failed, but I guess I didn't. My advice would be just to do your best on it. I also completed the Rembrant profile, which is basically a personality test - there really are no right answers, I would recommend just answering honestly so HR can fit you with a good position in the company. Finally, a few days after completing my assessments, I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. They booked me a flight and a hotel in the Hyatt downtown with all expenses paid. It was overall a very pleasant experience. The interview itself was mostly just behavioral questions, so definitely prepare. Some of the questions were more difficult than I anticipated because they asked follow-up questions. For example, they asked if I was a decisive person or if I was more deliberative. When I said decisive, they asked me to give an example of a time I made a decisive decision and how it turned out, or they asked about giving a time that I was more deliberative and how that worked. In the end, just be as confident as possible. I had 2 behavioral interviews, 1 HR interview, and then a 15 minute presentation and a 2 minute presentation. The HR interview wasn't too bad, but do take it seriously, they do ask some difficult questions. PREPARE THE PRESENTATION. Don't be surprised if they don't laugh at your jokes during the training panel - they tend to have a poker face. I just recieved a call back saying they had moved forward with other trainers, but they want to consider me for a project manager/implementation consultant position. My HR contact set me up with a phone call to talk to a current project manager and learn more about the position. I am actually super happy they did so, because the training position seemed a bit overwhelming for me, but if I was offered the Project Manager position, I will probably accept it.