Epic Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

3.1

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

The first few steps of the hiring process consist of completing an application and sending in a resume/transcripts. I received an email the very next day, less than 24 hours after submitting it, and they set up a phone interview for the next week and gave me instructions to take the online exam. I had to take the exam within 5 days of receiving the email. The exam was ok, I'm not positive on how well I did, but I'm sure I will find out soon enough. It consisted of grammar, 2-minute math, logic, and programming. The programming section was obviously out of my league, but the basic point of it was to see how well you pick up on simple steps and if you're able to apply it to more complicated problems. Then, I had to take a personality test, which was slightly strange. What Epic is really looking for are those who stand out, are aggressive/assertive, look at the bigger picture, and aren't afraid of change. The next week, I completed my phone interview. It was actually very relaxing and refreshing. They don't want it to be stressful, so I had a pleasant conversation with a trainer about the job and what it consists of. At the end, I was told I would be contacted within a week or two about my application. I then received an email from Epic an hour later restating this fact. Overall, not too bad, but I am waiting to see if it's all just in my head!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic in June 2015.

Interview

The interview involved a very detailed review of my resume. The interviewer went over every detail listed in my resume. I think the very first question was a means of ascertaining my age. The questions were very focused on my background and not so much on my personality or accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Did you take time off between high school and college?
      Are you willing to move to Madison?
      What is your teaching style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview. This was very basic. They asked the usual "where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "why do you want to work for our company?" etc. I also had to complete an online profile. This mostly consisted of "rate these statements in order of how well they relate to you". After my phone interview I took my technical assessment a few weeks later. This consisted of mostly word problems that you have to figure out and it is not multiple choice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was overall great. Probably the most fun I have had interviewing. The process started when I submitted my resume through my University's online system. I was then contacted by a member of the HR department for a phone screen. The phone screen was relatively simple and just asked a few basic questions. After that, I completed the skills test, which included reading, math, writing, and a short pseudo-coding portion. I honestly thought this was really difficult and thought I had failed, but I guess I didn't. My advice would be just to do your best on it. I also completed the Rembrant profile, which is basically a personality test - there really are no right answers, I would recommend just answering honestly so HR can fit you with a good position in the company. Finally, a few days after completing my assessments, I was contacted by HR to set up an interview. They booked me a flight and a hotel in the Hyatt downtown with all expenses paid. It was overall a very pleasant experience. The interview itself was mostly just behavioral questions, so definitely prepare. Some of the questions were more difficult than I anticipated because they asked follow-up questions. For example, they asked if I was a decisive person or if I was more deliberative. When I said decisive, they asked me to give an example of a time I made a decisive decision and how it turned out, or they asked about giving a time that I was more deliberative and how that worked. In the end, just be as confident as possible. I had 2 behavioral interviews, 1 HR interview, and then a 15 minute presentation and a 2 minute presentation. The HR interview wasn't too bad, but do take it seriously, they do ask some difficult questions. PREPARE THE PRESENTATION. Don't be surprised if they don't laugh at your jokes during the training panel - they tend to have a poker face. I just recieved a call back saying they had moved forward with other trainers, but they want to consider me for a project manager/implementation consultant position. My HR contact set me up with a phone call to talk to a current project manager and learn more about the position. I am actually super happy they did so, because the training position seemed a bit overwhelming for me, but if I was offered the Project Manager position, I will probably accept it.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting a resume I got an email to set up a phone interview. I talked with a current trainer who has been with the company for 3 years. I was also asked to complete a Rembrandt Profile (personality test) and a Skills Assessment as part of the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview just to get a feel for you. If you pass this portion they will have you complete a battery of tests. One of the tests is a personality test the other test has a logic and math section, a verbal association section and a speed section. If the tests go well you will be asked on site for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic (Oxford, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, then was given an assessment and personality test; assessment was very difficult and had 4 sections--one was a computer programming section and the position I applied for was not going to be using it. Other sections were timed math, untimed math, and verbal.Took me 2 hours to complete it. I was not asked back after the assessment. I know that after the assessment is a company visit

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I applied online. After a phone interview and a skills test, I was invited to interview onsite. The day started off pretty low key. Everyone seemed very nice and welcoming. There was a tour, a Q and A session with a current trainer, 2 presentations, lunch, a tour, and then 5 30 minute interviews. Most of the questions were situational questions that you can't really prepare for and have to think of on the spot. The hardest interview is with your HR person at the end of that day.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Applied online, still going through the process.

Phone interview with a current trainer. Nice chat, very comfortable. Be sure to prepare questions. They will answer many of your questions, but it always helps to have one or two that may help make a positive impression.

Online Assessments. I did the personality test, along with the big grouping of language, math, and programming tests. I also did the writing assessment. It's tedious, no doubt about it. You've just got to gird up your loins and get after it.

Location Interview. You must teach a 15 and a 2 minute lesson to a current group of employees. The 15 minute lesson can be on any topic, the 2 minute lesson should be on an everyday task. They'll supply a whiteboard (which I'd find a way to use!), but no Power Points or visuals. I suggest choosing lessons that don't require a lot of supplemental materials. Make it about you, you're the star of the show. It definitely seems that they're looking to see that you are personable, poised, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Just seriously think about why you want to work for the company. Being capable of articulating a poignant and sincere response to that question will go a long way. Get past the money and the perks.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in September 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was pretty standard. I had a background in education, so they focused a lot on that, which leads me to believe that your interview questions will vary depending on your work experience. They also really wanted to know why I was specifically interested in Epic. Most companies ask the "why do you want to work for us" question, but Epic seems to care more about it than anyone else I interviewed with. Aside from the phone interview, I completed a personality test as well as a computer programming test. You don't necessarily have to have a programming background to do the test, as the concepts are relatively simple and they explain them along the way. Some programming knowledge is certainly helpful though (I had only taken CS 101, but that helped me a lot).

Interview Questions

• What have you found to be the most challenging aspect of teaching?   1 Answer