Epic Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

For the interview, Epic flies you out to Madison and you spend the entire day on their campus interviewing. You meet probably 10 different people throughout the day. They interview you for multiple positions - even if you didn't apply for multiple positions. You have lunch with an employee. Since I applied for trainer, I also had an interview segment where I had to teach a lesson on a complex topic and an extremely simple topic. I taught experimental design for psychology and how to roll a burrito.

Interview Questions

• The HR representative asked numerous questions where you had to rate your personal attributes on a scale of 1-5. I'm horrible at rating things like that, so that was challenging.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Everyone else has touched upon the process to a fairly lengthy degree, and I don't have much to add. You start out with a phone interview, are asked some very general questions, and then sent a follow-up test that you have to take in front of a webcam proctor. They then fly you out onsite to see their facilities, which are fantastic.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

So first I applied online on their website. I was immediately contacted to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and the interviewer was friendly. After this i had to take a proctored online exam type thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, online assessments (personality, technical learning, coding - yes, everyone takes the coding exam), in-person interview day including a 15-minute presentation in which you teach a panel of employees something. Multiple one-on-one interviews over the course of the day, most of which aren't billed as interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you choose your major? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you plan to get another degree/go back to school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI).

Interview

applied online, took the online tests, got a phone interview, got an in person interview. the in person interview took a long time. full day. lots of walking. had to give a 15 minute presentation and do a case study.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI).

Interview

Not much to add to the previous accounts of the interviews, except that the HR interview is not bad at all, contrary to many people's beliefs. Quite easy, actually. Just be yourself so that you feel comfortable and can enjoy the experience.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in September 2016.

Interview

You first are asked to complete a phone interview, after the phone interview they ask to you to set up a skills assessment, and after the skills assessment you may or may not be asked for an onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty informal phone interview. They brought me in for an in person the next week. Both very casual with questions centering around why I chose my previous job/major and why I was interested in more or less being an educator.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Referred through a current employee. I took the online assessment and then spoke with a current trainer over the phone. I have zero background in coding and am not the best at math, but I didn't think the online test was as crazy difficult as previous reviews had said. My biggest advice is to remain calm, try your best and use scratch paper on the sections that allow it since you can't return to previous answers. Unfortunately for me my proctor wasn't the most helpful person and at one point my test cut out and I lost time to answer questions, but I thought I could make up for it with the phone interview. We had a nice conversation and talked mostly about why I was interested in Epic, the job, etc. Just try your best to make your previous work experiences relate to the position you're applying for. I did not end up getting an invite to the onsite interview though, oh well! My only negative reaction to the experience was the rate Epic would take to get back to you. It took awhile just to schedule a phone interview and then I waited a week only to hear back that I wouldn't be moving forward. I think if you tell them you're waiting on other job offers they speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job? (Even the interviewer mentioned this was an odd question.)   1 Answer
    • What are your plans for the future? (Basically five-year plan.)   Answer Question
    • What skills can you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I started by submitting a resume and some other information, then was contacted about doing a personality test (a bit strange, but not particularly difficult) and an SAT-style exam (most of it wasn't very hard, though I struggled with the last few coding questions). I then had a phone interview, which was very laid-back and easy. It was mostly questions about my resume, my thoughts and questions on the position, and an attempt to gauge my interest. I then was flown out to Madison with all expenses covered and spent the night in a nice hotel. The onsite interview was also really relaxed. They spent just as much time wooing the applicants as they did attempting to find if they were the right fit. It's a busy day and you'll meet lots of people, but it's a lot of fun. Just be yourself and try to be relaxed; they're looking for people who will fit the position and the company, not people who are prepared with all the "right" answers. The facilities really are excellent and there are a lot of great people there.

Interview Questions

See What Epic Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Technical Services Engineer in Madison, WI

Pros: “Working at Epic really does allow you to make a difference. On a macro scale, our software really does save lives by preventing medical errors through allergy alerts and barcode-assisted...”“Working at Epic really does allow you to make a difference. On a macro scale, our software really does save lives by preventing medical errors through allergy alerts and barcode-assisted medication administration, allowing physicians to prove that the Flint water crisis was really happening, enabling providers to access a patient's chart if they have a medical incident while they're on vacation, and sharing best practices from the leading healthcare organizations in the country so that everyone can benefit. On a micro scale, if you want to make a change, whether to the way our products work or to our processes for ensuring that the healthcare organizations we work with are successful, the world is your oyster. You can join the maternal health group that pushes out best practices for maternal care to the full Epic community, write a new application that allows for the analysis of genetic information, figure out how to deploy Epic into the cloud, change the way we ensure that upgrades or successful, provide feedback on government regulations, and more. Epic is unique in its focus on empowering individuals who have a vision to create change. Epic focuses a lot on personal development, whether through learning technical skills or by honing professional skills like executive communication, task and time management, and people management. By the time you've worked at Epic for a couple of years, you have professional skills that will set you up well for wherever your career takes you. You will likely have in-demand technical skills as well. I haven't even mentioned being surrounded by so many smart people - I honestly think I got a better education about how computers work through working on the Systems teams at Epic than I would have by going to graduate school. We provide support to customers as a team - everyone is an expert in something, and we pitch in to help each other find the right solution to problems. The group-oriented problem solving culture is one of my favorite things about the support teams. Support doesn't just mean staffing a helpdesk. In Technical Services, we work with the same small number of healthcare organizations for years, sometimes even becoming friends with our counterparts outside of work. We help them proactively plan out their future path, and are enabled to bend "rules" to do what's best for the customers. I take a lot of pride in having a small hand in the amazing work that the healthcare organizations I support do every day. And Epic is a great place to work if you're looking for career advancement. Epic prides itself on being a relatively flat company, where you can call up anyone you need at any time. It's also not afraid to promote promising people early - you don't have to work at Epic for 10 years to have a shot at managing people, if that's a thing you're interested in. Combined with the focus on management education (including a 6 course series and recurring weekly meetings focused on improving management), you have a great opportunity to exercise leadership skills right out of the gate.” – Full Review