Epsilon Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epsilon Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

On-campus interview as a get-to-know-you type of deal, and then called back for an on-site interview with 4 different hiring managers. All back-to-back, so 2 hours total. Mostly the same questions, but they try to get a feel of which team you will fit best in.

Interview Questions

Epsilon Response

May 13, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your new position with Epsilon! We appreciate you detailing your experience from a campus perspective and wish you the best of luck in your career ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Epsilon

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very young and close to my age which made it a little less stressful. He explained the position at the beginning and asked if I had any questions about it. Then the interview became more of a conversation about my resume. Everything seemed to go well, but then after about 2 weeks I received an email that I was not invited for the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume. What is your ideal working environment? What's interests you about Epsilon? How could Epsilon improve the recruiting events that you attended?   Answer Question

Mar 23, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are grateful for your breakdown of an interview from a new grad perspective. Regarding the feedback you received after your interview, we will look into how we can ... More

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (Blue Ash, OH).

Interview

There was an initial on campus interview that lasted about an hour. It was pretty laid back with your typical interview questions. Then there was an onsite interview with a few different people. One was a VP, another was HR, and then 2 people from various client teams. They were only 30 min each. I typically interacted with a recruiter throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Situational Questions
      How did you problem solve?
      Are you a rockstar?
      What is the difference between empathy and sympathy?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University and my request for an interview was accepted. I interviewed with someone who went through the same process about a year before. It was a very relaxed interview. Most of the questions were behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't understand how to do something your supervisor assigned to you?   Answer Question

Feb 3, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review, and for feedback on our Campus Interviewing process. We wish you the best of luck in your career search and hope that you will keep Epsilon in mind for future --Talent ... More

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, and enjoyable. I met the recruiter at my college career fair. My resume was approved for the first round for an on-campus interview. Prior to the interview I took part of a Webex that explained into further detail what Epsilon was and the type of work they did. The on-campus interview took place the next day, and it was very laid back and conversational. I was contacted by a recruiter the following week for the second and final round, which would take place 2-3 weeks later.

The final round was very intensive, but understandable how in-depth it was. Along with myself was 2 other candidates. We got a tour of the facility, then talked to employees that were in the New Grad Program right now. We then got split up into different rooms, and had the 5 interviewers rotate between us. The process overall took 2.5 hours. Everyone was very kind and courteous throughout the whole process.

For anyone going through the process, do not be nervous if you do not have SQL or software background. They are more concerned if you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any background or software? Or do you know anything SQL?   Answer Question
    • What would you do when you have too much on your plate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Got into the interview process through a referral, this is how Epsilon prefers to find new hires. First interview was over the phone with an HR rep and it consisted on basic behavioral questions to see if personalities matched. Second interview was an office visit. It consisted of 4 "mini" interviews with managers from different teams who were interviewing for their teams specifically. Questions revolved around whether or not I understood direct marketing, database operations, and Epsilon's history (acquisitions through Alliance Data). Each interviewer had their own personality and questions varied by the their portfolio (Internal, Pharma, Banking, etc.). After about a week, I received an email/call from the HR recruiter who conducted my first phone interview to explain my offer. Offer was standard and competitive in terms of salary and I had about 2 weeks to either accept or decline. Between accepting my offer and my start date (about 1.5 months) I was switched between teams and was not given a reason why.

Interview Questions

• The company will teach you a lot, but experience in marketing (understanding concepts), direct marketing (understanding how it differs that "Mad Men" marketing), and database management will determine which team your put on. Hardest question to answer was "Do you understand Epsilon's business model" which is still tough to answer due to all the recent acquisitions and growth (through Alliance Data) Epsilon is experiencing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had other offers that subsidized a low salary with relocation compensation. Epsilon offered a higher/more competitive salary but was unable to compensate for relocation (Indiana to Boston).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was initially recruited through my school and had a short conversation with someone from HR. It was super relaxed and, as this was one of my first interviews ever, I was put completely at ease. I moved on to the second and final round interview where they invited me and 4 other candidates on site. We had a short 20 minute discussion with two current employees and then moved on to 5-30 minute interviews with employees in various departments. All in all, it was a very comfortable interview process -- no trick questions, and it was very informative. At this point, I actually did not receive an offer. However, I had established a good relationship with my first recruiter who then pointed me in the direction of a position that had opened up in another department. From here I came in for an on-site interview where I met with the two people who would be my supervisors. Again, they were very informative discussions about the position, expectations, and my qualifications - nothing unexpected. There were no case studies and they were mostly behavioral questions with some superficial questions about my comfort with different programs. They gave me a really strict deadline of 9 days to accept/decline the offer, which forced me to speed through some of the other interviews I was going through around that time (in retrospect, this actually helped my job prospects, because other companies started taking me a little more seriously).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go to business school? I had never actually thought about the specifics, so be sure to be able to explain your short-term and long-term career goals.   Answer Question

I received a number of offers that paid a substantial amount more. The other companies also offered opportunities that were more in line with my long term career goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The process started with an on campus interview with one mid-level manager, this was very straight forward, typical behavioral stuff. I was then contacted by a recruiter who scheduled me to come in to their Wakefield office for four 20 minute interviews. My interviews occurred simultaneously with the interviews for three other candidates. We first met with two current BSAs who went over their experiences and the different types of BSA roles at Epsilon. myself and the other interviewees were then split into four different rooms. The interviewers went from room to room, spending 20 minutes with each of us. The interviewers ranged from senior managers to a VP. The questions were still mostly behavioral, but there was a bit of technical question, such as my experience with developing and SQL. The were mostly interested in my experience with teams, how I tackle a problem etc.
    After the interview i heard back from the recruiter a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What type of BSA better suites your interests? Don't worry they explain the differences before hand.   Answer Question

I had another offer for a little bit more money in a different field that i found more interesting.

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had a quick phone screening followed by two rounds of interview. The phone screening was pretty much information about the company and HR gauging my interest. First round I interviewed with 5 people. Second round I interviewed with 4. Everyone was really friendly and asked the usual behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• When considering Campaign vs Project-type BSA's- which type of Associate BSA role would you prefer and why?   Answer Question

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Applied through university's career website (after meeting reps at career fair) and was contacted for a first round interview. There were supposed to be two interviewers but one happened to have a call at the same time as my interview so I only had to deal with one person (this felt like they weren't putting importance on my interview and may have been a disadvantage). The interview was behavioural-based and relatively conversational and interviewer attempted to make it comfortable but seemed very forced.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with two managers giving high priority assignments with the same deadline and you can only feasibly accomplish one of the assignments?   2 Answers