Epsilon Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epsilon Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA).

Interview

Had a phone screen and was then called in to interview in person with 3 members. I was being considered for 2 different positions which were closely related but Epsilon seemed focused on talking about the less senior role. I heard nothing from Epsilon for over a month when they contacted me again to come in and meet with 3 more people. I had to ask which role I was being considered for. Apparently after my first round of interviews, my background was reviewed with a larger group and they now wanted me to talk to a totally different group. It was very frustrating but I really enjoyed talking with the hiring manager and thought things went well. However, the hiring manager's supervisor had the final say and at the end of my interview, he threw out a brain teaser that he expected me to answer. I know that this is an interview tool to see how well you think on your feet, think outside the box, etc. but after 3 hours of interviewing, my brain was fried. I was told I could think about it and email him with an answer when my initial responses were incorrect. I did think of an answer on my way home but at that point, I wasn't that interested in the job enough to respond back. It's now been over a month since that second interview and the company hasn't even bothered to inform me that I'm no longer being considered. I find that really rude considering I invested 6 hours to onsite interviews with them.

Interview Questions

• Watch out for brain teasers as it seems to be a company standard. I overheard an employee talking with the receptionist about the question he asked in an interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epsilon

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

One on campus interview after career fair at university. Offered more interviews than they had time slots to interview, so not everyone got to interview, first come, first served.
    Even after an email saying it would be a few weeks, it was a very long wait to hear back, over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Epsilon (Lafayette, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I responded to a posted ad and applied on the company web site. Their internal recruiter left a message saying he that the company urgently wanted to move forward and asking me to call him. I left two voice mails within the next 24 hours and got no response after 3 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview started late and communication from in house staffing was only adequate. My in person interview consisted of three one hour panel interviews with different customer service groups. Each group had different qualities that they expected in a candidate as they were all focused on different customer industries. I was never instructed as to what the exact position for which I was interviewing would be, but I tried to tailor my responses to how the panel led the interview.

After my screening interview and panel interviews and had to take two online skills and general knowledge tests of about 45 questions each. I have yet to hear back from the employer.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager would you not work well under?   1 Answer
    • What would you do about a team member who was not pulling their weight on a project?   Answer Question
    • What do you do (when working with an outside customer) and a delivery date cannot be met?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon in February 2012.

Interview

People seemed nice enough but a long and intense work culture. Interview process took several positive steps and without any indication as to why communication stopped. After waiting 2 weeks and hearing nothing from any of the individuals I spoke with, I reached out to HR, who then promptly responded saying they chose another candidate, just that day...coincidence or CYA?

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epsilon in October 2011.

Interview

I was very underwhelmed with this company's recruitment process.

1) They post the same position multiple times in the same week, except it is a different job code because the team is different. Otherwise, the description is exactly the same. So, you have to apply to each one. I received 'no thanks' auto replies to 5 of the SAME JOB on the SAME WEEK I was contacted for one of them.
    2) The recruiter called to schedule a phone interview for later in the week. Then, she completely missed the appointment and I had to track HER down.
    3) Because she took the time to schedule something, I was expecting a more in-depth phone interview. Instead, I got a few rookie questions: "What position did you apply for? What is your understanding of the position? Where do you want to be in 3 years?" Are you KIDDING me? You set up a time slot for a 5 minute conversation that was clearly designed to ensure I wasn't a complete idiot? Couldn't you have done that the first time we spoke?

At any rate, she said she would submit my resume, and then I never heard back. That's fine, if the reviews I read on glassdor are any indication of the company culture.