Epsilon Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me in regards to this position. Ten minutes late for the phone interview, had to reschedule, second time the recruiter forgot to call me- emailed me the day after to reschedule. The third time is the charm right? The phone interview went well- at least I thought so- then I received an email about a week later saying I wasn't selected to move further. To be honest, I was happy I didn't.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via linked in requesting that I apply for an opening that they had on their team. I submiited my resume per their request and got an email back 2 hours later saying I was not qualified for the role. Waste of my time, and a testament to the poor quality of sourcing within the company.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked a question other then to submit my resume.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter and then I was brought in for an in-office interview with 3 people (one supervisor, 1 peers, one upper management that was via phone.) It was very typical in all aspects with the exception that I was not called back for a follow up - just given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background. (Basically give a run down of your resume)   Answer Question
    • What level (in $$$) of projects have you worked on and for what types of clients   Answer Question
    • One is one issue you had with a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through linked in. The HR asked me to time to call and she called. After she got the details she asked my location preferences. She asked for updated resume. I provided it. After that it takes 2 weeks to get the first round of interview.
    The interviewer does not ask any technical question only high level screening. After 2 days i got email for setting up skype round with 3 persons.
    The skype round was scheduled for 1 hour. and happened only 25 mins. Again no technical details. They ask question like will you like to join our team for outing and all.

3 days latter HR says i am not selected as they want a person with totally different skills. Like ETL instead of .Net profile.

It was waste of time. Again HR never provided her contact except email.
    Also they verified all my visa details.

Client Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on a Friday and met for an in person interview that following Monday. The interview was around an hour long and was a very good balance of describing the team you would be working with as well as the expectations and what exactly the position entails.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I was interested in this particular position.   1 Answer

Epsilon Response

May 13, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review. Employee referrals are critical to our hiring strategy, and so glad to hear this worked out! We appreciate your feedback on the interview process. Great to hear! We wish... More

Vice President, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very straightforward - but a long time ago. I've been with the company for more than six years. This is not an unusual tenure - there are plenty of people who have been around awhile. They like it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - we were focused on the industry and commonalities   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Job was posted on LinkedIn October 20. I applied via LinkedIn on November 2. On November 11 I received an email from an Epsilon HR recruiter with some further questions. I emailed her some short answers and scheduled a phone call to go a bit further in depth. The next day, I spoke on the phone with the recruiter and did an initial phone screen. November 13 a second recruiter emailed me with direction from the first to schedule an in-person interview for me. I sent a "Thank you" note to the first recruiter that day. November 17 I met with the hiring manager for around an hour. Sent a "thank you" note to her that afternoon. November 18 I got an email from the second recruiter to schedule a second in-person interview to meet with the first recruiter and the Senior VP of client services. November 24 I met with the SVP for an hour as well. The first recruiter requested 3 business references that day. All three of them received a call that day. I received an email late that night to follow up from my meeting with the SVP. On November 25, I answered a call from the first recruiter with a job offer.

Both people from the HR department were very friendly and informative. They were always open to my questions and were clear in answering them. They always were in a good mood. The hiring manager was very direct and clear in her questions, but that comes from knowing what she was looking for, and knowing what she wanted for this position. The SVP was also very knowledgable, and forthcoming about the needs for the department.

Interview Questions

• What did you like least about your last position?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous managers say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In my first phone screen I was asked my salary requirements. I gave a range. The verbal offer given was at the top of my original requirements. I did some further research and found the national average was a bit higher than I had suggested, and asked if they could come in closer to that, I'd sign it right away. HR spoke with the hiring manager, they accepted my counter-offer, and HR emailed me back with the new higher offer.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was very laid back. Mostly behavioral questions. They asked what I was looking to get out of their summer internship program and why I wanted to work with them. I talked to the campus recruiter who passed my materials along to the office of my choice.

Interview Questions

• She had my resume in front of her and asked me questions based on that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

**I am still in the interview process.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Met with two creative directors and the head of the department. Reviewed my work, asked questions on process, strategy. Talked through what the department did and type of work they create. I was free to ask about job growth, reviews. Met my potential CD too.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of the digital space and email best practices   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

After several months while the company did other things I was given the laundry list of questions that seemed to be provided to the interviewer. It was the basic "where do you see yourself" and "what's your biggest fault" type. He didn't have a lot of answers for my questions on clients and work structure.