Epsilon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.7

291 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Account Executive Interview

Interview

I interviewed on campus and everything went well. The questions were very standard and the person I interviewed with had previously been in the associate account executive position. He said that most of the required skills would be learned on the job but I guess there were other candidates that were more appealing

Senior BI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Phone screening and then group interview

These guys don't focus on requirements when interviewing the candidate. I was asked about advanced Architecture and SAP Hana that has noting much to do with the developer position company wants to fill.
    one of the interviewer walks into the meeting late, have no manners to greet, interrupt the conversation and asked questions thinking he knows the BusinessObjects. Looks like he read interview questions. Walked out of interview room early
    Irony is, no one from the panel had experience with Business Objects let alone webi tool to confirm/verify the answers.
    All they know is Database and SQL and that's what they ask in too details until you can't response. Spent two and a half hours, felt my time was wasted. They may need a DBA or a custom SQL developer

Poor HR recruiter don't know what's going on probably keep looking for candidates.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed after submitting my resume through the career center at my school. They came to campus and set up slots. My interviewer was friendly and none of the questions were too difficult.

Copywriting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

It was a pretty simple process. The recruiter scheduled a phone call with me to gather basic information. I then interviewed with two of the creatives and a couple of weeks later, they offered the position.

Senior Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Quick in scheduling interviews, clear communication about expectations. However, for a company that prides itself on its competency and professionalism, and seeks same for a client-facing role, I was quite taken aback and disappointed to be ghosted after my 3rd round, multi-hour interview with 3 team members. It takes nary a few minutes to send a "thanks but no thanks" response to my own follow-up thank you email, but apparently they aren't quite as competent and professional as they think. Epsilon, please do better than putting immature, passive-aggressive millennials in senior-level positions. And hopefully the person you blew off won't one day be the client POC you're interacting with.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of project management software do you use?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process included an initial phone interview with someone from HR. The questions were standard; tell me about yourself, why Epsilon. Next was an hour phone interview with a director. These questions were more comprehensive and in-depth. They covered some of my past work experience and projects I had worked on in school regarding regression analysis. Lastly was the in person interviews with three different people in the analytics group. Each interview involved a problem exercise similar to the work they do. The goal was to gauge your competency and to see how you solve problems. Finally, there was a 30 minute SAS test to gauge how much coding experience you have.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epsilon (Boston, MA).

Interview

All behavioral. Mostly questions about past experience and why I liked Epsilon. Interviewers also wanted to know about technical skills. They also were interested in problem solving and challenges you had faced in the past.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what Epsilon does which is hard even for them to explain   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal, and had a first round on-campus interview a few weeks later. The first interview was mostly behavioral. The second round was an on-site interview where I met with five Account Directors for 30 minutes each. The questions were heavily based on past experiences in school, work, etc. that involved working with teams and clients, as well as trying to gauge your interest in the company. The process was quick - exactly one month between my first interview and receiving my offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked as part of a team where not everyone got along or had the same approach - how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Email Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Broomfield, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, another phone screen with a member of the department and then a panel interview with the department head and some other people from the department (I'm assuming).

The first two interviews went really well, and they kind of led me to believe I was being seriously considered for the role if not a frontrunner. The recruiter even suggested I would probably be considered for the more senior level opening than the one for which I had initially applied.

The panel interview was kind of awkward. Two people in a conference room and two on the phone. It felt just like it was work for them - no real expression of personality or effort to engage. That said, I didn't feel like I was caught off guard or unable to provide solid answers to any of the questions. I walked away feeling good about my ability/qualifications to do the job, but lukewarm about the team and environment.

A week later or so, I got an email from the recruiter saying that they were pursuing "more qualified" candidates (I went back and checked the job posting and my background specifically matched every qualification listed and more). I asked if there was anything particular I was lacking and received no feedback. The senior role has since been re-posted, so apparently the "more qualified" candidates also failed to match some of the invisible criteria. Basically the whole thing ended up being a waste of time from my perspective.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a fit for this role?
      Do you have experience with segmenting lists/working with an ESP? Which one(s)?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Lafayette, CO).

Interview

Phone interview, with recruiter who talked incredibly fast and seemed to have no interest in the interview, then a pleasant Skype interview with the head of the department, then an in-person interview with three employees.

I had a negative experience with the HR process, for instance, I received an email from them that I didn't receive the job the night before my interview, the job mentioned in the email wasn't even the job I applied for, which caused some confusion and uncertainty walking into the interview.

Secondly, I followed up after the interview and was given a timeline of when I would hear back, two weeks after that, no word, followed up again. At this point I had received offers from three other companies and let it go.