Epsilon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epsilon (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I had applied for on-campus placement via the placement cell from my college.

We first had an online aptitude test; general aptitude questions based on verbal, logical and analytical skills. [No coding questions were asked].

Then we had a GD [General Discussion round]. The topic given was "E-Commerce trend in the market for online shopping - A good thing or a bad thing?"

Then we had the technical interview where I was asked questions based on my projects mentioned in my resume followed by some general HR questions.

Finally I was called in for the HR round which was basic HR questions like "Tell me about yourself, Why this company, Your hobbies, Strengths/Weaknesses, etc"

Basically if you clear Technical round, you are most likely guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why this company, Your hobbies, Strengths/Weaknesses, etc"   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX).

Interview

Straight forward process. Phone screen and a technical test to take online (SQL proficiency) followed by onsite with Manager, Director and various staff. If there were multiple teams with Sr BSA opening, could be a panel interview with people from different client teams. Client teams would then meet afterwards to provide feedback to HR and managers and determine which team was the best fit for the person being interviewed

Interview Questions

• Describe how you prefer to gather and document requirements. Describe some of the requirements documents you have produced.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Have received call from Company's HR. Interviews were conducted as per schedule date / time

1. Telephonic Round of Interview with Senior Project Manager
    2. Sr Director F2F - case study, solution's & presentation

Interview Questions

• 1. What is project management approach followed by you?
      2 . What is your role as scrum master in the project? What is your experience in managing agile projects
      3.Do you have experience on CRM / Loyalty solution?
      4.What are 3 key challenges you have faced in terms of client interaction?
      5. How you are technical involved in the project?
      6.How do you rate yourself in SQLs
      7. Explain about your product ?

2nd Round:
      1. Case Study : I was given case study of 1 page that comprises of information on custom development of CRM solution, deliverable, timelines etc
      2. Develop project plan, execution approach, resource planning, assumptions, governance model, deliverable for this case study
      3. One has to present your solution / approach to Sr director, who will ask question related to your solution / project management approach.
      4. Profile - Team management and challenges
      5. What are lessons learnt in managing team. What you think you could have done better in your career? What is your plan for next 3 - 5 years
      6. How can you contribute towards Epsilon
      7. What is current skills that you can map to current role being offered in Epsilon

Result:
      1.Passed first round
      2.Second Round result - " We often have to make difficult choices between many capable candidates as the hiring process has been competitive. " - Rejected

Overall experience was good. I felt they are looking for "ideal" candidate for this opening, who has vast experience in handling big projects ($B) and expects to have thorough planning of case study in an hour time.
      Director was kind enough to provide feedback instantly & overall experience was good enough so that I can prepare myself.

Questions that was asked by me:
      1. This position or exactly similar one was opened for quite sometime, more than year. Are you looking for ideal candidate for this role? What is kind of profile that is hunted
      2. How is your Epsilon different from other organization?
      3. Do you follow PMI standard practices, adhoc, loosely defined project management methodology - Ans Customer First Approach, Depends!   1 Answer

Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Epsilon (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

They were mass hiring and the interview consisted of total 3 rounds:
    1. Technical
    2. Managerial
    3. HR

Interview was scheduled at 12:00 pm through a consultancy. I reached the venue at 11:30 and found that this was a mass hiring as there were almost 60+ people present for interview.

My Turn came at 4:30 pm !! (They did provide lunch to all the people)

Round 1: technical: (20 mins)
    Q's :
    Tell me about urself
    what is star and snowflake schema?
    write a query to delete duplicate records
    10 commands you know in unix
    what is cursor
    what is trigger
    rank vs denserank ()
    are you ok with night shifts
    Interviewer was good, he then asked me to wait outside.

Round 2 : Managerial Round (15 Mins)
    Q's:
    walk me through your daily activities
    do you have past exp. in interacting with client.
    what if i give you monitoring work
    when can you join
    are you ok with Night shifts
    Interviewer was "OK", he was not looking at me during the whole interview, he was staring at my resume :D :D :D

After this round the selected one's were asked to wait.

Finally someone came and told that final HR round will be taken over telephone in next 2-3 days.

After "21 Days" i got call from HR without any prior interview schedule

Round 3 : HR (15 mins)
    situation where u faced problem
    why are you leaving your current company
    salary expectation

After another 20 Days i Got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: technical: (20 mins)
      Q's :
      Tell me about urself
      what is star and snowflake schema?
      write a query to delete duplicate records
      10 commands you know in unix
      what is cursor
      what is trigger
      rank vs denserank ()
      are you ok with night shifts
      Interviewer was good, he then asked me to wait outside.

Round 2 : Managerial Round (15 Mins)
      Q's:
      walk me through your daily activities
      do you have past exp. in interacting with client.
      what if i give you monitoring work

why are you leaving your current company
      salary expectation   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Epsilon (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Worst Interview Process, The HR and the interview panel is not synced.

While Interview was scheduling the need role was for Manual Testing and database knowledge. But the interview panel said the is for testing the PL/SQL code.

Interview Questions

• To write some PL/SQL code - PL/SQL developer was taking interview for a QA   Answer Question

Senior Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epsilon (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

A bunch of people with experience span from 6month -9 years were called for interview process for same position.
    After a written test which was more or less like the exact work which we were supposed to do once got hired.
    Candidates were called for 1st round of interview in which intervieqer itself said there is no technical work, no Automation, No SQL, No SOAP UI is required.
    After this a managerial round was there. That manager, who btw looked very arrogant, was grilling each and every candidate thoroughly asking deep questiona related to Automation, SQL, SOAP, Supply chain and what not.

I spent 7 hours on a work day there to listen that 'you are through for next round but as this is Friday and many employees including Sr. Manager is not there.'

Now I don't get if it was a simplest testing job to compare 2 docs/images and find mistakes in it just like we used to play game in our childhood(first interviewer said it himself), why call senior test engineers for this post, even after confirming in screening process that you are experienced automation testing process. This is so unprofessional to call working professionals on a weekday and keep them siting in your office for 5-6 hours and never call back even if candidate is through to next round. Very UNPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE!!!

Production Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was referred to this role by a friend. Technical round is easy. They asked me to wait for HR round, after sometime they came and told me that.. HR team is not available now, so we can have HR round F2F or via telephonic call. I waited for 10days & called back the HR, he didn't even remember that I was interviewed. He said that he will get back in sometime, but no response even after that.

Interview Questions

• Based on Linux, SQL.. how will you create new file,giving permissions,rename file, create db.. all basic level questions   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

First my resume was uploaded to Epsilon for post of Technical manager post by a consultancy and after continuous follow up from my consultancy , a telephonic round was scheduled by the HR ( though I was told by the HR that she will send an scheduled interview mail , I received no mails ) .

The first round of technical interview went fine and the next day I got a call from the HR saying the feedback is positive and we can have the second round of telephonic interview ( again for this round too I was told by her that a mail would be sent but I received no mails ) .

The second round did happened though where i was asked questions which was like a cake walk . I again got a call from the same HR saying that she can schedule the F2F and would be sending a mail . I did not receive any mail and hence i did not go to the office , I was called upon by the HR to check on my where about and i did say that I haven't received any mail to which the HR replied saying , she has sent the interview schedule mail and when I queried to which email ID she has sent , to my horror the mail ID she told didn't belong to me too .

Any ways the F2F was still scheduled and i reached the venue ( which happens to be 24 Kms from my home -driving my self that much distance in Bangalore during busy office hours is like driving through hell but still I made it half an hour prior to the schedule ) .

After waiting for around half an hour , the HR comes and says the HR who was to take my HR interview will be on leave today and that I will have to go through another round with a Director/ Senior Director ) after half an hour more . I was OK to wait and did meet the person after waiting for another half an hour and the interview again was like a cake walk . Questions were basically like what have you done in Offshore and onshore and what methodologies etc . After the interview I asked him whether I should wait or leave to which he replied saying , he does not know my next round and he will let the HR know about it . The HR came and escorted me out of the building and said that she will get the feedback and the HR interview can be done on phone . I personally felt that even the interview I went through could have been done on phone .

Any ways after that day I didn't get any communication and did get a mail after 4 days saying that they cannot go ahead with my candidature and they have difficulty in choosing among capable candidates .

To mention , I had taken some time off from my current organisation where I also lead a team of 25 people to go through this interview which happened on a week day . I also work for a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest consulting firms in the world with an industry experience close to 9 years . So just couldn't understand the word " difficulty in choosing among capable candidates " .

Any how I understand that Epsilon is like a start up and that too they are starting off fresh in Bangalore but they seem to lack clarity in their recruitment and I feel I did waste a lot of time on them .
    Will advice all to think twice before even going through the interview process of theirs

Interview Questions

• The one thing they kept on asking repeatedly is what i have done in the project mentioned which was pretty simple any ways   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I did the interview through Skype and the people were very nice and easy going, she asked a few basic questions and explained the position to me. The person I interviewed with initially was alumni from my university, and the following interview was with the recruiter. Asked me to tell about myself and about certain qualifications on my resume, also wanted to know about previous experiences that relate to the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What is a circumstance in which you did not agree with a coworker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was all done within a few weeks - easy, and not so pressurizing. I had a call with the recruiter first, then later I was called in for an interview. The interview took maybe around 30 mins. I was offered a job within the next few days.