Epsilon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.7

Vice President, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very straightforward - but a long time ago. I've been with the company for more than six years. This is not an unusual tenure - there are plenty of people who have been around awhile. They like it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - we were focused on the industry and commonalities   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA).

Interview

Had a phone screen and was then called in to interview in person with 3 members. I was being considered for 2 different positions which were closely related but Epsilon seemed focused on talking about the less senior role. I heard nothing from Epsilon for over a month when they contacted me again to come in and meet with 3 more people. I had to ask which role I was being considered for. Apparently after my first round of interviews, my background was reviewed with a larger group and they now wanted me to talk to a totally different group. It was very frustrating but I really enjoyed talking with the hiring manager and thought things went well. However, the hiring manager's supervisor had the final say and at the end of my interview, he threw out a brain teaser that he expected me to answer. I know that this is an interview tool to see how well you think on your feet, think outside the box, etc. but after 3 hours of interviewing, my brain was fried. I was told I could think about it and email him with an answer when my initial responses were incorrect. I did think of an answer on my way home but at that point, I wasn't that interested in the job enough to respond back. It's now been over a month since that second interview and the company hasn't even bothered to inform me that I'm no longer being considered. I find that really rude considering I invested 6 hours to onsite interviews with them.

Interview Questions

• Watch out for brain teasers as it seems to be a company standard. I overheard an employee talking with the receptionist about the question he asked in an interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Two rounds - pretty basic Java OOP Principles and classes. Both were phone screens. Also had a phone call with the HR too talking about the basic recruiting process, pay, and other benefits. Was offered an offer at Boston office as a software developer intern. The work culture was good and the interview process was very easy and not that hard to crack if you are good with the basic coding principles.

Interview Questions

• Java C++ main difference? Map-reduce Hadoop OOP principles-list them   Answer Question

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University and my request for an interview was accepted. I interviewed with someone who went through the same process about a year before. It was a very relaxed interview. Most of the questions were behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't understand how to do something your supervisor assigned to you?   Answer Question

Epsilon Response

Feb 3, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review, and for feedback on our Campus Interviewing process. We wish you the best of luck in your career search and hope that you will keep Epsilon in mind for future --Talent... More

Digital Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epsilon (Southfield, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Was excited to hear back from this company. The whole process was disappointing. First, I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online. (Monday) This phone call didn't last very long, but was feeling good about it. Then she scheduled me for an interview the Friday of that week because she said they were looking to hire asap. I drove 2.5 hours for this interview and it lasted under 10 minutes. Waste of my time. Told me I didn't have the right kind of portfolio examples but not to be discouraged. Which was a bummer. The drive there lasted longer than the interview itself.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

The screening with HR was very general and casual. Very direct and relaxed. Multiple interviews during each round. The hiring manager went with another candidate with less industry specific experience.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Epsilon (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Recruiter with the company called pretty fast and setup a technical screening.

Technical screening was fairly straightforward, but setup in a way that if you missed a question on a topic, they moved on to the next topic. This is fairly traditional, but the interviewer would audibly sigh when you wouldn't state all the possible answers or you don't know a topic. You have my resume, why would you sigh when you ask me about something I don't have experience with?

There were also several topics which were not in the job posting, which I also did not have on my resume.

Overall, one of the more unprofessional interviews I've been involved with.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Completed several rounds of voice call and live interviews. It was not clear when the interviews would end. I met roughly 8 people on the team over the course of about 2 months. The process was mostly virtual (i.e. phone calls and video calls), They had a variety of team members participate in interviews and had each of them take a different approach. Some of the interviews were very formal and some were informal conversations with some main questions peppered in. The interview process started with an HR person. It also ended with an HR person, but there was very little in between contact with HR. Salary expectations were not asked of me, and at the end they guessed what I'd like to receive, which I found to be a bit odd. They don't negotiate many of their benefits, but it would appear that there are great benefits and a great team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to face a difficult challenge
      Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
      Why do you want to leave your company?
      Why would you be a good match for this position?   Answer Question

Epsilon Response

Jan 15, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your review, and we’re so happy that you’ve accepted an offer with Epsilon! We are happy to have you join the team and value your comments regarding the interview process. Candidate... More

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epsilon (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The HR called to ask about immigrant status. For international students, they do not want fresh graduates who has not have a working visa yet. But they can support H1B transfer. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• The HR called to ask about immigrant status.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. After an initial phone screen that matched a very basic level of capability review, I was moved to interview with the VP of the account; once she interviewed me, I was moved to interview with several other members of the team. I had a mixture of phone, video and then a live interview. The interview process concluded with a panel of 6 people interviewing me back to back, many asking similar questions and gauging fit to the agency.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me some examples of a time when you provided great client service?   1 Answer