Epsilon Interview Questions in Irving, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX).

Interview

Straight forward process. Phone screen and a technical test to take online (SQL proficiency) followed by onsite with Manager, Director and various staff. If there were multiple teams with Sr BSA opening, could be a panel interview with people from different client teams. Client teams would then meet afterwards to provide feedback to HR and managers and determine which team was the best fit for the person being interviewed

Interview Questions

• Describe how you prefer to gather and document requirements. Describe some of the requirements documents you have produced.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

two rounds of behavioral interviews. One is a one-on-one with the recruiter, the second is 4 back to back with different people in different roles, it is all behavioral and just asking about you working with teams and how your experience fits the role

Interview Questions

• If you woke up with 1000 work emails but could only respond to 5 how would you choose   1 Answer

Director (IT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

One word answer about the interview process...arduous. Applied online through a posting on Indeed.com. Got a call back the next day and interviewed with the internal recruiter who was very impressed and wanted to schedule another interview with one of the team members, which was setup for the following week. Met with the IT Director and we hit it off quite well as my skillset fit perfectly with the position requirements. He stated that HR would be contacting in a couple of days to setup further interviews. Later that day the HR called and wanted to fly me out for a face to face series of interviews which were scheduled for two weeks later. The day came and the winter tornado season kicked in and forced the cancellation of my flight to Dallas. We immediately rescheduled for the first week of November. Successfully got out there on the second attempt and met with the team (three separate interviews) and everything went well. I was told that I would hear back from HR in the next week or two on next steps. Two weeks turned to four and then to eight with me contacting my HR contact every week or so. Finally, nearly two months after my face to face interviews they contacted me again stating that the position had been moved under a different hiring manager and they wanted me to interview with one of the new team members and the hiring manager which happened right after the new year. Both interviews went well with the hiring manager requesting that I have one more interview with CISO and then they would let me know within 24 hours. Met with the CISO on a Friday and again everything seemed positive and as promised I heard back from HR on Monday that I had got the job. The entire process took an astonishing 15 weeks and 8 total interviews but so far I couldn't be happier!

Interview Questions

• There is always a stumper question in every interview and I was prepared for most anything except..."what is the greatest technology to come out in the last five years?" Every stumper question I had been asked in the past was in the form of "How would/did you handle...?"   1 Answer

Jan 22, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear your story, as Candidate Experience, especially during the interview process, is something we are looking to enhance this year. We hope you continue... More

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, and enjoyable. I met the recruiter at my college career fair. My resume was approved for the first round for an on-campus interview. Prior to the interview I took part of a Webex that explained into further detail what Epsilon was and the type of work they did. The on-campus interview took place the next day, and it was very laid back and conversational. I was contacted by a recruiter the following week for the second and final round, which would take place 2-3 weeks later.

The final round was very intensive, but understandable how in-depth it was. Along with myself was 2 other candidates. We got a tour of the facility, then talked to employees that were in the New Grad Program right now. We then got split up into different rooms, and had the 5 interviewers rotate between us. The process overall took 2.5 hours. Everyone was very kind and courteous throughout the whole process.

For anyone going through the process, do not be nervous if you do not have SQL or software background. They are more concerned if you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any background or software? Or do you know anything SQL?   Answer Question
    • What would you do when you have too much on your plate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University and my request for an interview was accepted. I interviewed with someone who went through the same process about a year before. It was a very relaxed interview. Most of the questions were behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't understand how to do something your supervisor assigned to you?   Answer Question

Feb 3, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review, and for feedback on our Campus Interviewing process. We wish you the best of luck in your career search and hope that you will keep Epsilon in mind for future

--Talent... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. The recruiter followed up a couple of days later to schedule a face to face interview. I interviewed with four different managers for 30-40 minutes each (I stayed in the room while they rotated between myself and the other three candidates).

Interview Questions

• When was a time, whether at work or school, where you had to do something you really did not want to do?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator/IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Straight forward and easy to talk to. Longest part of the process was the background check. They were very open about changes within the company. As well as describing the team dynamic and what everyone works on.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in Active Directory Architecture.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, recruiter reached out to me. Spoke with the recruiter, two phone interviews, and one in-person panel interview with a presentation. Fairly straightforward questions first in panel style and then one-on-one with each member of the team. After the interview, I was shown around the office to see where conference rooms are located, the gym, cafeteria, etc. Very nice team and recruiters kept me up to date with decisions.

Interview Questions

• Presentation, explain resume and background to hiring manager and team, behavioral questions, situational questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed on campus and then was invited to their headquarters in Irving TX to be interviewed by different employees. The people you interview with will actually be the person you intern for.

Overall, it was really relaxed and pleasant. They are genuine throughout the whole process and will make you feel comfortable. Be yourself and be ready to have a conversation. Make sure you take initiative to learn about the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience with a technical ability.   Answer Question
    • What do you do when things don't go to plan?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed on an individual task and team task.   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review and congrats on your offer! We hope you enjoy your time here at Epsilon and that it turns into a wonderful career for you. Best of luck!

--Human Resources Team

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Most terrible recruitment experience. If the HR department reflects the company, I am definitely going to a company that does not value my time.

I was contacted by email by HR and then the recruiter I was assigned to did not reach out. A week later I was sent a follow up email and I said I had not heard from the recruiter. Recruiter called at 8am on a Monday and I called within 5 minutes later and no response. On that Friday, I called again to follow up and he said my resume looked good and he was asking a team if they wanted to interview me. A week went by and no call, so I called him again and he said they were interested and they wanted to schedule an interview. There was no qualifying or interviewing from HR. So far I have called to follow up each time- the HR recruiter did not call me.

I had an additional interview set up with another team as well for that day through a networked contact.

I received an email with no instructions just an address. I responded to the email and asked for more instructions and for details about who I was meeting with and I received no response.

When I got on site- it took over 30 minutes to find the recruiter. I'll mention that they were moving offices, but this is not a valid excuse and here's why. I called his office number, cell number and emailed him and let him know I was there. When he did show up- I asked him where we needed to go and who we were meeting with. He said he didn't know and we needed to go to his desk to find out where and who. Luckily, the interviewer called my cell directly since it appeared I was late. Interviewer was able to give me directions to the meeting room. After the meeting, I asked where my second interview was and there were no details communicated.

I tracked down the recruiter again by calling and emailing and no response. I saw him hanging out with friends in the lobby and I walked over to him and asked where my second interview was. Again, he said he said he did not know. He went up to his desk and 20 minutes later, came down and said "Oh looks like they are out of town. If they want to talk to you we will get you out here again."

I have not heard from the recruiter and I have no interest in pursuing this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult, thought it was odd that when I asked questions the interview said "Oh I didn't know you were going to ask questions."   Answer Question