Epsilon Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.7

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1. A recruiter reached out to me and we scheduled a call. After the call she told me to call her on 12/21. I called and she picked up, saying she was going to call one of the mangers and give me a call back. Then... on 1/4 I emailed her saying I haven't received a call back yet.
    2. Passed on to webcam interview
    3. Went to SF campus to interview with 5 people, took a Project Manager exam instead of an Associate Project Manager one and was told I did very well...

- The people who were interviewing seemed really nice, liked to talk a lot about having fun, a lot..things got a little awkward when they mentioned they need to hire more men... because here I am sitting at an interview, as a woman... so I kind of lightened the mood and was like " well hopefully there aren't any guys in your interview pile " ........ I don't know how to respond to something like that.

- I was also reached out to by another internal recruiter that was interested in me for this same role, even though I was in the last stage of my interview already. There seemed to be an internal mix-up..

- One of my interviewers were confused on why I was invited all the way up to San Francisco when the other team was in San Jose area which is where I am from.

- I reached out to the recruiter for feedback on my interview since I didn't get an offer, they said there was no negative feedback and that other candidates were more qualified, it's weird cuz a month later they are still renewing their job posts for the same position. Maybe they are being overly picky.. are they even hiring anyone?? Maybe they are in search for their next male, I don't know. One of my interviewers was surprised on how well I did on the exam because they gave me a more advanced one since they thought I could do it.. so I'm sure it was a culture thing? They didn't ask me any questions about how I was a team mate, but constantly shared about how they were cohesive themselves, then went on asking me questions non-related to being a good coworker, so maybe they didn't think I was a team-player. Who knows?

Other than that, if you get yourself in the door, company seems really cool, good benefits, 2 day work from home policy, they even went to Paris together for work, and do cycling together etc... lol.. maybe I shouldn't have been so serious about work ethic in the interview.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I came into it when the company was called SolutionSet -- Epsilon absorbed the company a couple years into my tour of duty there. SolutionSet was a smallish agency at the time. The process was pretty standard and straightforward: As a senior-level writer, I interviewed with the Creative Director, the CEO / Founder, and a couple of my potential teammates.

Interview Questions

• What competencies were important to me as a marketing writer?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Quick and mutually satisfying.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was staged in the following order: a recruiter phone screen, a hiring manager phone interview, a panel interview where I was required to give a presentation in the office, another panel interview in office, a phone interview with the head of strategy based on NYC, and finally, a phone interview with two teammates.

Unfortunately the recruiter that I had worked with since the beginning went on vacation while I was waiting for a final decision right before that final phone interview. As a result, I was passed along to another recruiter who was very slow to respond and did not give me insight into the final interview. My original recruiter provided an informal oral offer and sent benefits materials before his vacation. Ultimately, the second recruiter dodged me for days before letting me know that the team decided to rescind the approved offer and merely said that they proceeded not to fill the role at all. So after six rounds of interviewing both via phone/in-person, what should have been a closed deal was poorly managed, botched right until the end, by a recruiter whom I wasn't even familiar with. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE looking to apply - they will just string you along. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve for addressing client x's strategic issues and digital needs, understanding of client x's product suite and marketing it in a hypothetical scenario   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I first spoke with the recruiter on the phone and then spoke with one of the hiring managers. Then I was asked to to come into the office to meet a couple team members. After that, I spoke with the second hiring manager on the phone. The overall process was very relaxed and all members of the team were very easy to speak with.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were more situational and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Epsilon Response

Jan 15, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your review! We are glad you felt comfortable during the Interview process and that you had a positive experience talking with our San Francisco team members. We wish you the best of ... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Completed several rounds of voice call and live interviews. It was not clear when the interviews would end. I met roughly 8 people on the team over the course of about 2 months. The process was mostly virtual (i.e. phone calls and video calls), They had a variety of team members participate in interviews and had each of them take a different approach. Some of the interviews were very formal and some were informal conversations with some main questions peppered in. The interview process started with an HR person. It also ended with an HR person, but there was very little in between contact with HR. Salary expectations were not asked of me, and at the end they guessed what I'd like to receive, which I found to be a bit odd. They don't negotiate many of their benefits, but it would appear that there are great benefits and a great team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to face a difficult challenge
      Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
      Why do you want to leave your company?
      Why would you be a good match for this position?
      Answer Question

Epsilon Response

Jan 15, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your review, and we’re so happy that you’ve accepted an offer with Epsilon! We are happy to have you join the team and value your comments regarding the interview process. Candidate ... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. After an initial phone screen that matched a very basic level of capability review, I was moved to interview with the VP of the account; once she interviewed me, I was moved to interview with several other members of the team. I had a mixture of phone, video and then a live interview. The interview process concluded with a panel of 6 people interviewing me back to back, many asking similar questions and gauging fit to the agency.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me some examples of a time when you provided great client service?   1 Answer

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I had an onsite interview with three people, easy interviews, the basic questions about background etc. Got offered a contract to permanent position after just a few days, underwent a background check that took about 4 days, was hired full time after 6 weeks.

HTML Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Manager called me and screened me. Afterwards the Recruiter reached out to me. They called me in for a in person interview where I was test on my skills and put through a 6 person panel interview. Nice people but seemed in experienced with interviewing. Not a bad experience, just an awkward one.

Interview Questions

• Why did I not finish the task they request prior to interviewing. I was given a template to build out. The time given was expected from an advanced person who has used the tools and methods they were looking for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave a salary amount and they increased it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epsilon (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

2:1 interview. Both were very friendly and demonstrated a lot of interest in filling the position. They had just moved in so it was a bit unorganized but the space was absolutely divine. Questions consisted of discussing experience in the field as well as challenges and goals in life. Overall, very friendly and the interview process was extremely relaxing and I was very comfortable throughout.