Epsilon Senior QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epsilon Senior QA Engineer Interview Questions

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was submitted for this by a recruiter. I was then approached by an internal recruiter from Epsilon. Seems the internal recruiter was trying to approach me directly to cut out the recruiter who had submitted me.

Quick phone screen with internal recruiter and then a phone screen with the hiring manager was arranged. The hiring manager called me around 10 or 15 minutes late. It was a release data and the manager was very busy. A few quick questions on my experience and that was it. Phone screen lasted less than 5 minutes. I did not expect to hear anything back. Next day I was contacted by the internal recruiter and told an in-person interview was going to be arranged.

I interview in-person with 4 people. The hiring manager, a development engineer, a QA engineer and the technology lead.

Hiring manager went over the basics of their system and then got into a fair amount of detail on my previous job experience. I worked for a SSL, encryption and code signing vendor. The hiring manager was obviously not technical and could not understand what I had been doing. They got hung up in the mechanics of SSL and I spent far to much time trying to explain to them how SSL and encryption works.

Interview with development engineer was casual with no issues. A few questions on GUI development and that was about it.

QA engineer asked extensive questions about my work with Selenium WebDriver and then a lot of questions on Selenium Grid. As I had no experience with Selenium Grid I was not able to answer some of the questions and this seemed to upset the interviewer. He concluded by asking me some Java questions on Interfaces, multiple inheritance and the difference between static objects and singletons.

The director of technology asked no questions on technology but instead focused on what I wanted in a job, what kind of work environment I liked and other questions like that. It was obvious he was trying to see if I would be a good fit for the team.

I left the interview with the feeling the QA Engineer would not approve of me. I also left with a lot of questions as to if I wanted to even work for Epsilon.

Epsilon never got back to me with any kind of feedback. I was left hanging. Repeated attempts to contact the internal recruiter from Epsilon were ignored. My emails and phone messages were not answered or returned.

Interview Questions

• I was question extensively on Selenium Grid even though I had no experience with it and freely admitted that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epsilon

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Epsilon (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Process is very good, but they will tell you in the end, the interviewer likes you very much, You cleared the interview, but we do not have budget.... to hire you..... plz make sure the package details before weasting your time in the process of interview, they will take hell lots of your time for 1 to 1.5 hour of interview, while scheduling the interview they will agree to give you 30 hike ...... but they will end of with budget issue..........

Interview Questions

Epsilon Response

Jun 18, 2015 – HR

Thank you for your candid feedback and for taking the time to tell us about your experience. It is very important to us that you have a good view of Epsilon, of our staffing partner, and that your ... More