Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equal Experts Interview Questions

Interviews at Equal Experts

Senior Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

1st Round Telephonic. 2nd Code Pairing
    I appeared for the interview thrice till now, and after each rejection I prepared lot for the next one. I believe, now I know more design concepts, principles, patterns than those interviewers. I think, this company can not afford people with higher pay, so they interviews people from big companies , and rejects them with some illogical feedback. I was rejected with some unreasonable reasons without logical feedback. To me, this company is just a showoff. I am not interested to appear for it's interview in future anymore.

Interview Questions

• A] Telephonic
      1. Explain SOLID
      2. Design SMS server with condition of capping frequency based on User
      3. My project related experience

B] Pair programming
      Design & Develop TDD based interest calculator for bank customer based on given interest rates band .e.g
      Account Balance < Below 1000 1%
      1000 <= Account Balance < 5000 2%
      Account Balance >= 5000 3%   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Unlike other IT companies in Pune, Equal expert has very unique interview process. No matter if you get the offer or not, you will feel positive at the end.

Typical interview starts with a Code pairing round, where you have to write a code preferably using TDD to solve a real life problem. This round takes around 90 minutes.

2nd round is technical round where you will be asked to design some application. 3rd round is Managerial round and then HR.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

First I had a phone call interview, where I was asked about my experiences and skills.
    Then I had to complete a "FizzBuzz" coding test using TDD, which the company cares a lot, and send them by email.
    Some days later I had a pair programming session with a senior developer member of the company's team. We had to find the solution for a problem that he brought. I failed because my code was not very good structured.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

They give you an obnoxious useless FizzBuzz test to check wether you are Expert enough. Ridicolous I would say. They will tell you they want you to write in any language but in reality they expect Java or Scala.

User Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Worthing, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

From start to finish the whole interview process was really well organised which is not an easy task with 4 interviews to arrange. Everyone I spoke to at EE was very friendly and easy to talk to. One thing that stood out was that they seemed very motivated and proud of their roles within their teams and the culture of EE. I really enjoyed meeting everyone throughout this process which made me want to work with them even more.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've had to use your problem solving skills to improve a feature or product.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the position by an existing Equal Experts Associate (Contractor), whom i'd worked with before. But I still had to go through the same interview process that external applicants would need to go through. Equal Experts (EE) have a thorough vetting process which is in 3 stages:
    1. Phone interview with one of their 'People Managers' - bit like an agency interview, but with someone who actually knows what they are talking about from a technical perspective!
    2. Face to Face interview with two of your peers, so in my case this was two Business Analysts. This interview began with a scenario based 'role play'. I was given a business scenario to read through for 20 mins and prepare some questions to ask of the role play "Scrum Master" & "Product owner"... then having found the information needed, I was left for another 20 minutes to produce some User stories that could be used to implement the business scenario. Following a quick presentation of the UCs to the interviewers (in role play mode!)... there was then a 'hats off' more general discussion about some past experiences. This was the toughest of the 3 interviews.
    3. The third stage (having passed the previous two) is an interview with one of EEs partners. I successful you will be representing EE on client sites... therefore the business partners need to ensure that you are a good fit to represent their company.

As a contractor with 17 years of previous contracting experience I can say that this was the most thorough interview process for a contract role. This process is in place to ensure that the associates the EE work with do actually have the relevant experience for the roles.

Having been successful in getting through the interview process and starting to work with EE associates I can now see why their recruitment process is as thorough.... you get to work with some really good 'switched on' and motivated people.

Interview Questions

• Produce some example Use Cases (with some Acceptance Criteria) from a given business scenario   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Step 1 - phone interview
    Step 2 - practical interview to assess technical ability
    Step 3 - final interview with a partner to assess cultural fit

I fell at the second hurdle and never made it to Step 3. Although I failed te interview, it didn't feel the interview was that challenging - any BA with real agile experience should be familiar with the scenario and should be able to give the interview a good go.

Interview Questions

• A one page scenario was put to me, I was then given 20 minutes to prepare for a requirements workshop with the PO and technical lead (played by the interviewers) for the mock project.

Following the 20 minute 'workshop' I was then given further 20 minutes to plan and organise resulting user stories, I would then replay the stories my approach to the project with the PO and technical lead.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in August 2015.

Interview

Houve uma entrevista telefónica inicial de triagem e submeti um teste de programação (FizzBuzz com um “twist”) feito offline, sem limite de tempo, para posterior avaliação. Neste teste há que ter especial atenção aos “unit tests” a sério, pois uma coisa feita à posteriori só porque é pedido muito provavelmente não vai passar.

Seguiu-se uma longa chama em conferência com 1 pessoa onde se falou da minha experiência profissional e se debateram os prós e contras de soluções técnicas para alguns caso particulares.

Depois fiz uma sessão de “paring” com um técnico bastante sénior na empresa, onde implementamos um conversor de inteiros em numeração romana. A chave aqui é não consideram isto um “teste” mas sim abordar a sessão como uma colaboração e diálogo com um colega para resolver um problema. Afinal trabalhar em “pairing” é o dia-a-dia em muitos dos projectos da empresa.

Finalmente houve uma entrevista final por tele-conferência com um sócio da empresa, onde o foco principal foi o ajuste cultural com os valores da empresa.

Interview Questions

• Como implementarias o sistema para suportar um serviço de “url shorteners”?   Answer Question