Equifax User Experience Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

User Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equifax (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2009.

Interview

I'll update with any additional information should it arise, however I applied for a User Experience Manager position online (I had to submit to a credit check and online personality / intelligence test) and within days of doing so I received a call from a member of the company. She asked no specific questions rather she said, "Tell me about everything, from the beginning." That kind of question generally sets someone up to fail, it's as if she had no idea what she was looking for in a candidate and just wanted to feel them out over the phone.

I asked her to be more specific with what type of information she would like to know, she said to start with my employment 12 years ago, which I found was odd. I complied and provided her with information to the current date on how my specialties had changed and advanced throughout the 12 years.

She then asked why I was leaving my current employer - which is for career advancement as there is no promotion possible at my current location.

The entire time she was typing in the background very loudly.

She then asked my salary expectations, to which I replied it would depend on the entire scope of the position and that would only be determined after the position was fully outlined. She asked specifically, "What would it take to get you to leave your current company?" I repeated the same answer.

She asked if I had any questions and I asked what exactly her branch of the company did and if this position was with the company proper or one of their clients, she replied affirmatively to the former and gave me an outline of the company. I was not able to answer any additional questions.

I did however state at the end of the interview that I've learned that my broad skill set is applicable to many areas and those skills are often utilized outside of my primary position. She responded rather tersely that this was a web only position, which I said I understood.

She then stated that she was interviewing several candidates and would either call me back or I was welcome to follow up with her. It was obvious from the tone of her voice and the dismissive questions
asked and the prompt dismissal of any additional questions on my behalf that she was not interested in me and I doubt I will hear back.

Some advice to the company: have someone on staff who is very particularly to do job interviews. Have a list of questions relevant to the position - I wasn't asked a single question about my User Experience skills or knowledge and that is the primary role of the position. Also, have someone who can remain neutral on the phone and if you want a transcript of the entire call record it and type it later. Having someone typing out your answers as you talk or audibly taking notes as you talk is very off putting and not at all professional.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer
  • What would it take to get you to leave your current job?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about your experience, let's start from the beginning.   1 Answer