Equilar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equilar Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.1

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple Phone Interviews that were very identically and didn't really seem applicable to the job. I ended up emailing the HR team back after the first interview to set up a second with the same person, and haven't heard back since and its been almost a month. I'm not sure if they didn't see my reply or got confused, but I received a reply email the first time within hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a first round phone interview followed by a skype interview with two different people that involved a 45 minute assessment. I later was contacted to give a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation over skype. I gave the presentation and then never heard back from them again, despite being told I would hear back with a yes or no decision within two weeks. HR was terrible with communication throughout the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got the first phone interview call (30 minutes). Asked all general concepts of Java and SQL. That's it.

Next round was onsite for 2 hours. I was assigned 4 people who were going to take my interview. But only 3 showed up.
    First round (Hiring Manager) - behavioral questions and checked my technical skills.
    Second round - Basic java questions and one coding question.
    Third round - SQL queries

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar.

Interview

Phone call was the first interview, followed by a presentation to a panel, and then a call from the CEO. Overall the experience was quite straightforward and transparent. Only issue was waiting to be scheduled to interview with CEO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

At first, it was a 20 minute phone interview then a 2.5 hour long Skype interview a week later asking about projects, results, what I did at school, and what the company does. Then, they make you take a 45 minute, 3-part exam to test your analytical skills. After that, I talked with 2 more interviewers asking about certain scenarios and what I would do.

Interview Questions

• What does Equilar do?
      What is more important, realized pay or realizable pay and which do you think Equilar uses?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview where she asked me about Java + SQL questions. Then an in person interview of 4, 45min interviews: 2.5 hours total. They were nice, half technical, half talking about the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• Please find the max sum of any sub array in a bigger array. Please code it in Java. Basically find a sub array in a larger array, where the sum of all the elements in the sub array is the maximum sum that you can make.   1 Answer

Research Analyst/Leadership Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and spoke to Equilar representatives at my university career fair. HR Coordinator from Equilar reached out to me to schedule a phone interview but failed to respond to my availability. After a week, I followed up with the HR coordinator again about our aforementioned phone interview -- dead silence.

As a last resort, had my friend who currently works at the company reach out to him personally to follow up with me -- again, dead silence and no response from the HR Coordinator.

Don't waste your time filling out the online application and interviewing in-person only to have the CEO rip you a new one (according to my college friends who have applied). There is a high attrition rate and everyone is trying to leave for something better.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about executive compensation? (Yet, nobody really graduates from college with aspirations to look through SEC filings all day)   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar in May 2016.

Interview

I had several interviews over skype because I wasn't currently in the area . During one of the interviews there were a few timed assessments. You also have to create a presentation, and the last round is a quick interview with the CEO. The questions were pretty repetitive throughout the interviews, and a lot of it was about how you would handle the monotony of training.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class? What was your least favorite class? Why do you want to work at Equilar?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for the interview about two weeks later. Since I lived near L.A. at that time, they decided to interview me through phone instead of having me fly up to the Bay Area, which was very convenient. Overall it was a standard interview about what you know about the company and the position you applied for. However, the employee who interviewed me sounded rather uninterested and dry, which left a pretty dull impression about the firm. Afterwards, the interviewer said either her or someone else would follow-up with me about the decision in about two weeks. Two weeks later, nothing came. Based on all these reviews, it seems that this company lacks the common courtesy of following up with candidates and is probably not the type of employer you'd want to work for anyways.

Interview Questions

• Name three strengths that you believe that you possess.   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Short interview This research analyst position straight out of college is a great career start! You can advance your excel and analytical skills while building new ones like being exposed to SQL! Coming out of college