Equilar Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.1

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equilar in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process goes pretty much as stated from other candidates. What I found awful is how much time they ask you to put into this process. I think recruiters need to be more selective between round 2 and 3 because the presentation they ask you to put together is a ridiculous amount of preparation for an entry level job.

Interview Questions

• Read the media highlights article they give you because that is the source of all the difficult questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Equilar

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

20 minute screening interview first round, second round was 3 short assessments between two 30 minute interviews. Final round was a 15-20 minute presentation. Questions were for the most part based around materials sent prior to the interview or on the company website.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The application process was streamlined and quick. I applied online and a member of the HR department reached out to me within 24 hours with a request to have a quick 20 minute phone screening just the next day. The phone screening was with a member of the Research department and was a very friendly, non-stressful conversation verifying my academic credentials and reviewing my resume / why I was interested in Equilar. After that, the HR member reached out to me via e-mail to request an in-person 2-2.5 hour interview the next week. The in-person interview had 3 parts.

1) I spoke with a member of the team who clarified what I would be doing. She went into great detail to be as transparent as she could about the job and what I'd be doing as a Research Analyst Intern and I handed her my academic transcript and written job application, which I was requested to fill out and bring. (10-25 minutes)
    2) I was given a 3 part (2 pages for each part) assessment to test basic arithmetic and to check my attention to detail by giving a report filled with grammatical, spelling, and syntax errors and was given ~45 minutes to complete all of it. I'd suggest dividing the time and not spending too much time one one assignment. (45-50 minutes
    3) After the assessment I met with 2 more Research Analysts on the team and they asked questions about the Media Highlights and also asked about what I'd do given a certain situation. The content included Peer Groups, Executive Compensation (Ratio of Equity v. Salary) as an executive and as a stockholder, they reviewed information on my resume. They were both very friendly and not intimidating at all and enjoyed the conversation. (20-35 minutes)

Overall it was a relatively low stress interview process because the interviewers seemed very friendly. However, it was the longest, most thorough interview that I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• If you were a company like Target, what other companies would you include in your peer group to help benchmark executive compensation?   Answer Question
    • If you were a company executive, what kind of ratio would you prefer in regards to equity and stock options. If you were a shareholder, what amount would you prefer the executive to have?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 of your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself - Where you come from, your upbringing, etc.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple Phone Interviews that were very identically and didn't really seem applicable to the job. I ended up emailing the HR team back after the first interview to set up a second with the same person, and haven't heard back since and its been almost a month. I'm not sure if they didn't see my reply or got confused, but I received a reply email the first time within hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a first round phone interview followed by a skype interview with two different people that involved a 45 minute assessment. I later was contacted to give a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation over skype. I gave the presentation and then never heard back from them again, despite being told I would hear back with a yes or no decision within two weeks. HR was terrible with communication throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

At first, it was a 20 minute phone interview then a 2.5 hour long Skype interview a week later asking about projects, results, what I did at school, and what the company does. Then, they make you take a 45 minute, 3-part exam to test your analytical skills. After that, I talked with 2 more interviewers asking about certain scenarios and what I would do.

Interview Questions

• What does Equilar do?
      What is more important, realized pay or realizable pay and which do you think Equilar uses?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar in May 2016.

Interview

I had several interviews over skype because I wasn't currently in the area . During one of the interviews there were a few timed assessments. You also have to create a presentation, and the last round is a quick interview with the CEO. The questions were pretty repetitive throughout the interviews, and a lot of it was about how you would handle the monotony of training.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class? What was your least favorite class? Why do you want to work at Equilar?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for the interview about two weeks later. Since I lived near L.A. at that time, they decided to interview me through phone instead of having me fly up to the Bay Area, which was very convenient. Overall it was a standard interview about what you know about the company and the position you applied for. However, the employee who interviewed me sounded rather uninterested and dry, which left a pretty dull impression about the firm. Afterwards, the interviewer said either her or someone else would follow-up with me about the decision in about two weeks. Two weeks later, nothing came. Based on all these reviews, it seems that this company lacks the common courtesy of following up with candidates and is probably not the type of employer you'd want to work for anyways.

Interview Questions

• Name three strengths that you believe that you possess.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

4 rounds. First was an initial phone screening. Next was a two part in-person interview over Skype since I was applying for the Nashville office. One of the people will ask you questions relating to your experience, education background, and questions given from articles they send you to read over. The second person will go over the results of the assessment you will take during this round. The third interview is a presentation to 2 members of research management. After you complete round two they will send you a topic to create a 15-20 min power point presentation. You will give the presentation over Skype and answer a couple follow-up questions. The final round is to interview over Skype with the CEO. The CEO, Dave meets with all prospects. If all goes well after meeting Dave you should be offered the position. Just a heads up this can be a lengthy process lasting 2-3 months depending on when you apply and if the company is in proxy season (which is the busiest time of the year, March-May).

Interview Questions

• Specific questions relating to executive compensation/corporate governance that they ask you after they assign you a couple articles to read.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Easy basic question about previous work background, personality questions. They interview yo back to back with a group of people. You have to take a 45-minute test during the interview, with some basic math involved.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite class in college?   Answer Question