Equilar Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

2 and a half months of interviews, phone calls, assessments, told I was receiving an offer. This place will waste your time. Read the REAL company reviews to find out.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I first met with the most senior executives offsite. They I talked to each person on the executive staff onsite and then was required to present a 90 day plan for the department that I was to manage. In addition, I met with the various senior managers of each department. The HR department was extremely efficient and was always one step ahead of me. Whether it was filling out the application online, the background check or just coordinating the appointments, it was really easy to do.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever re-formed entire departments of a company before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was basically all done with the CEO directly. He definitely controls all the purse strings.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The application process was streamlined and quick. I applied online and a member of the HR department reached out to me within 24 hours with a request to have a quick 20 minute phone screening just the next day. The phone screening was with a member of the Research department and was a very friendly, non-stressful conversation verifying my academic credentials and reviewing my resume / why I was interested in Equilar. After that, the HR member reached out to me via e-mail to request an in-person 2-2.5 hour interview the next week. The in-person interview had 3 parts.

1) I spoke with a member of the team who clarified what I would be doing. She went into great detail to be as transparent as she could about the job and what I'd be doing as a Research Analyst Intern and I handed her my academic transcript and written job application, which I was requested to fill out and bring. (10-25 minutes)
    2) I was given a 3 part (2 pages for each part) assessment to test basic arithmetic and to check my attention to detail by giving a report filled with grammatical, spelling, and syntax errors and was given ~45 minutes to complete all of it. I'd suggest dividing the time and not spending too much time one one assignment. (45-50 minutes
    3) After the assessment I met with 2 more Research Analysts on the team and they asked questions about the Media Highlights and also asked about what I'd do given a certain situation. The content included Peer Groups, Executive Compensation (Ratio of Equity v. Salary) as an executive and as a stockholder, they reviewed information on my resume. They were both very friendly and not intimidating at all and enjoyed the conversation. (20-35 minutes)

Overall it was a relatively low stress interview process because the interviewers seemed very friendly. However, it was the longest, most thorough interview that I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• If you were a company like Target, what other companies would you include in your peer group to help benchmark executive compensation?   Answer Question
    • If you were a company executive, what kind of ratio would you prefer in regards to equity and stock options. If you were a shareholder, what amount would you prefer the executive to have?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 of your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself - Where you come from, your upbringing, etc.   Answer Question

Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Went through an onsite interview after meeting the HR at the career fair, had ~1hr behavioral questions and ~1.5hrs paper test, then ~0.5hr more behavioral questions. The test mainly focused on the sensitivity of numbers.

Data Analyst/Leadership Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews overall. The first interview was a 15 minute phone screening interview that went well. The second interview was 2.5 hours long and included a 45 minute long skills test as well as interviews with two different groups of people. The first two interviews were very casual and the people doing the interviews did not seem to have much experience in giving interviews. The third interview was a presentation and interview with the leader of the department I was applying for. It was much more formal.

Interview Questions

• If a company is underperforming and the CEO is not paid well, would the company receive a failed Say on Pay vote? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

People were very nice. Even though I did not answer all the questions, they comforted me and called me back next day to invite back to the office to met the CEO and presented the offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

the process took 5 weeks+ I applied online and heard back from the HR 3 weeks after to schedule a phone interview that lasted 15min, a week later I was invited to the on-set interview with 2 marketing managers. In house interview lasted 30min each. The HR got back to me only after several follow ups that the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• What does our company do? This question was asked at each interview, so make sure to read about the company online.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got the first phone interview call (30 minutes). Asked all general concepts of Java and SQL. That's it.

Next round was onsite for 2 hours. I was assigned 4 people who were going to take my interview. But only 3 showed up.
    First round (Hiring Manager) - behavioral questions and checked my technical skills.
    Second round - Basic java questions and one coding question.
    Third round - SQL queries

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview where she asked me about Java + SQL questions. Then an in person interview of 4, 45min interviews: 2.5 hours total. They were nice, half technical, half talking about the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• Please find the max sum of any sub array in a bigger array. Please code it in Java. Basically find a sub array in a larger array, where the sum of all the elements in the sub array is the maximum sum that you can make.   1 Answer

Research Analyst/Leadership Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and spoke to Equilar representatives at my university career fair. HR Coordinator from Equilar reached out to me to schedule a phone interview but failed to respond to my availability. After a week, I followed up with the HR coordinator again about our aforementioned phone interview -- dead silence.

As a last resort, had my friend who currently works at the company reach out to him personally to follow up with me -- again, dead silence and no response from the HR Coordinator.

Don't waste your time filling out the online application and interviewing in-person only to have the CEO rip you a new one (according to my college friends who have applied). There is a high attrition rate and everyone is trying to leave for something better.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about executive compensation? (Yet, nobody really graduates from college with aspirations to look through SEC filings all day)   Answer Question