Equinox Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.5

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Went in to fill out an application for the company and was greeted by much positive feedback. Management reached out to me shorty there after in regards to setting up an interview. I received notice that I was indeed considered for the position less than a week later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Was called and asked several questions, then was set up with Front Desk General Manager for an interview- pretty standard questions, easy to answer. Then called back for second interview in which almost the same questions were asked, just a few that were different. Was offered job on spot.

Membership Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The first was a one on one and the second was with 2 employees. The interview questions were very similar during both interviews. Interviews were at different gym locations in the City.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales experience?
      Why Equinox?
      Why this position?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Washington, DC) in January 2018.

Interview

Virtual Video first, then phone screening. The Regional Sales Manager will then call you in for an in-person interview, then the GM or Regional Sales Director will call you in for an in person interview (GM) and RSD is always a phone call

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred internally for the position. HR rescheduled two phone interviews at the last minute, and then rescheduled an on-site interview mere hours before. Made it to the third round and then was ghosted from the interview process altogether. I had another offer at the time and was unable to get in touch with the HR team so Equinox was out of the question. Bummer! Aside from the poor coordination, I enjoyed the direct teams I met.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was great. Was referred by a colleague and set up an interview in a timely manner. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes with a tour of the gym. Performed a demo and was hired. Very pleased.

Manager, Events and Member Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took over a month, I had two phone interviews and two people interviewed me in person. It was a fine experience not too bad considering I didn’t get the job. I thought HR was pretty respectful and responsive.

Fitness Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Unprofessional!

Received an email shortly after applying offering a phone interview. Scheduled a time and date with the Area Personal Training Manager and waited by the phone. No phone call received and no response to my follow up email and message left at the club. Several weeks later I receive another email from an Equinox recruiter asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes, and was informed that the Area PT Manager would be in touch. I waited several days before contact was made and a date confirmed for the second attempt at the phone interview.

The start of the interview was very relaxed. I was asked to talk about my experience (resume) and what attracted me to working at Equinox. I was then informed that my experience was not sufficient for the role, as I didn't have specific PT sales experience. The job description and title does not accurately reflect the role they are hiring for - PT Sales Manager.

I whole experience was a waste of time drawn out over several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience (resume) and why you are interested in working for Equinox?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Questions about experience with children. The manager generally described the purpose of the kids club and the most important parts about working there. Pretty basic stuff. I spoke about previous experience and then got to go see the kids club

Interview Questions

• Questions about what age children you have experience with   Answer Question

Membership Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Berkeley, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got scheduled for a phone interview from the recruiter Thursday 3pm. That day came and the recruiter emailed back to rescheduled for next week instead without reasonable excuse. I was fine with that. Next week came Thursday 3pm again. I patiently waited until 3:45pm. No phone call or voicemail. Emailed the recruiter what happened and they replied back INSTANTLY saying they called and left a voicemail. Excuses...... It's been 2 hours since i emailed them. Nothing... still... wasted my time... Shows how they treat their candidates....