Equinox Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equinox Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

It was ridiculously easy because they will hire anyone. I studied months for my ACE personal training certification and they didn't even ask me one question about it. None of the people in my group of new hires had any kind of certification and they hired them anyway. They will hire any one. They toss a bunch of stuff at the wall and they see what sticks.

There was a quick phone interview...and in person interview...a group interview...and a job offer. There were probably 12 people in my group interview. I laughed to myself because some of them I felt did horrible during the interview...come to find out they hired EVERYONE. Doesn't hurt to take that chance when you are only paying $12 an hour and having members paying $200 a month. Not mad at them though. You can not knock the hustle.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with sales and building your own base of clients?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with not making that much money for the first few months while you build your clientele?   Answer Question
    • Have you played any sports in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I was put on speaker phone (not very professional.) She was more interested in about her than getting to know me. Typical questions asked. It was weird though, first being on speaker phone, and then not really responding to the my answers. At one time there was a long pause after I answered a questions...as if she was doing something else and forgot I was on the phone. And this was in the very beginning of the interview. No need to work for a person like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

I am assistant General Manager of la Fitness but I like to work for equinox because I thing I can work better in equinox and I am more useful in this gym and I can have more opportunity

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process wasn't bad at all. Went in for my initial interview and got asked to come to a group interview. Group interview consisted of an icebreaker and a couple group "exercises" (we did not workout). It was real easy going and mostly they just want to know if you're knowledgeable and know what you're talking about. Not much in depth discussion about the position itself and how things are done there. Which seemed a little strange to leave that out unless anyone asked questions. That was the only downside. Thanks to Glassdoor was I able to learn more about the company though.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Phone screen, one in person meeting. Fairly easy process. Interviewed with managers, this is not really something to worry about if you have some previous experience as a personal trainer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your training style.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Applied online and the regional recruiter reached out for an initial interview. The phone interview was very brief and informational. Went over my resume and was able to ask questions about the company, role and compensation. Then I was invited to an in-person interview at one of their clubs. Went over my resume and the position a little more in-depth. Finally, I was invited to a final group interview at the club that was in need of PT's. At the final interview, they test your communication by playing connect the dot, give you about 20 mins to write a workout for a case study and do a squat assessment.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Felt relaxed by the interviewer's demeanor, despite the process being short. The interviewer was asking questions regarding my past work history and what the relationship was between the employee referral that I had. They introduced me to a few other department managers in the process.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke on the phone with a recruiter first. After advising me of possible locations that would be hiring, he sent my application to them. The manger at the location then contacted me and we set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach potential clients on the floor?   Answer Question

Membership Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

it was fairly easy and straightforward they were really nice and helpful. Really resonated with the interviewer. At first it was a phone screening, then a face to face interview

Membership Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and in person "open call"
    spoke with the RSM for about an hour then was invited to "see the club" and in person interview. Interviewer was personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Equinox?
      Why Equinox?
      What motivates you?
      Why Fitness?
      What is your sales style?
      Answer Question