Equinox Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equinox Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2018

2.5

SPA Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

The interviewer was the spa manager. Overall it was a typical interview; a couple of questions and a tour of the facilities. It seemed easy but it's important to be prepared and confident in that environment.

SPA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy was offered the position the next day, no drug test or background check spoke about the position was given a tour was only asked to describe myself

SPA Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was asked about my backround and what I could bring to the company. I explained in detail my history and what i would be able to bring to the company why i thought i would make a god fit.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever dealt with difficult employees before?   1 Answer

SPA Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Three Interviews; With Regional Manager twice- verbal and hands on and then General Manager of the Gym and Assistant General Manager . I spent an hour for each interview with the Regional Coordinator- one was verbal and the other was a practical hands-on for massage therapy. The next meeting with the Gym GM went over the same questions I was asked by the RC. I was under the impression that this would be the final interview and an offer would be made however I was told at the end of the interview that they were interviewing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Asked the same questions by all three managers. Questions were straight forward.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was very long but easy. You may think you align with the company's vision but doesn't matter to hiring HR managers. Sell yourself on a skill and you may get an offer. Pay was astonishing low for the area. I would recommend looking elsewhere. The team seemed over worked, underpaid, and unenthused. The fitness industry continues to struggle with hiring talent and diminishing turnover.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with using Excel?   1 Answer

Ops Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness in February 2013.

Interview

great and in a well organized manner. The process was sweet, and was able to understand both aspects of the company just by the interview. The environment was calm and collective, and the expectations were set right from the door, so you knew exactly what you were getting yourself into.

Negotiation

great

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Rude people. Kept changing my interview time around, no respect for other people's time. Went in for interview met with business person and another IT person, both had different stories of what the job was going to be. When I asked some more questions it seemed IT and business person don't agree on anything and i'm supposed to be working for both of them implementing a system. That sounds fun...not.

Also, business person asked me if I would be taking advantage of fitness program as they looked me up and down. Really??? How about no. The community for this application they have is small. World gets out. No one will want to work with you unless you change your attitude.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by hr. It was conducted by phone interview. For the on site interview, first interviewed by hr. There were some general questions, such as major, why this company. Then was interviewed by one employee. There were several questions:
    1 why you were interested in this company?
    2 why you were interested in this position?
    3 Please introduce yourself ?
    4 How do you know about the company?
    5 The company had some plan, provide some suggestion
    6 what skills you had a good command of. These skills include R, python.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the Marketing team about their needs and requirements. This was not a formal interview. I don't believe that they knew what they were looking for. I created a proposal for them with my rates. They came back to say that they couldn't pay and could only do a trade for my services. They wanted a lot more value than they could 'trade' for. I went back to express my thoughts. This was a long, drawn out process which was not necessary. The work on my end had already continued as I acted in good faith that they would follow through (given that they are a relatively big company!). It surprised me that they couldn't pay their contractors, or perhaps they just didn't want to pay fair rates for work being done. I received an email weeks later saying that they couldn't even honour the 'trade.' A really sad and poor experience. I tried to reach out to other members of the team and they wouldn't respond back to me. I'm not sure what's happening in the background, though I hope that they sort things out! Be careful if you are speaking to their Marketing team. It feels like they are wanting more value than they can give and until they realize that they need to pay for good work, I would stay clear of this company. Protect your value and find another company who appreciates the value that you bring to the table!

I received a written email documenting the trade, though they ended up saying that they couldn't honor the trade. There is no selection for that down below.

Membership Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview, had a 30 minute phone interview, and an in-person interview with two people. Standard interviewing process. They also ask to role play and have you act as a sales person in various situations.