Equinox Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equinox Fitness Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

2.5

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

After applying online, a personal training manager contacted me via phone to set up a one on one interview. Upon completion we set up a group interview for the following week.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Applied online process took 3 days. Received a call from a recruiter who sounded not excited, and the tone in her voice was seeemed as if they were tired of calling people. Told me about equinox and then sent me info on a in person interview. Went for the in person interview and talked to a interviewer who seemed just as unhappy as the person on the phone, once the initial interview started. Showed me around the gym, was super friendly and talked a lot. Once we got into the office for the initial interview the interviewer had their hand on their face the whole time asking me questions as it seemed as if it was a waste of time for the interviewer to interview me. Interview questions were easy but I did not receive the job. I’m assuming the interviewer took a look at me and already decided that they didn’t want to hire me the moment he saw how young I was and that the rest of the interview was a chore.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you had to overcome and then overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Initial email regarding a set up appointment with the Fitness manager set about a week in advance. In person interview with Fitness manager and personal training manager. 2nd in person interview with personal training manager and other candidates.

Membership A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great, everyone treated me very nicely and they were honest and upfront about the company culture, low periods and highs. I loved that I got to meet with all of the managers of the location and a few employees, prior to getting the offer. I'm big on energy and vibes vs reading opinions so it's best to always try things out and get a feel for yourself as everybody isn't for everybody. I'm hoping the good vibes continue.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about rejection?   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Started with a brief phone screen to talk over resume. First in person interview was about an hour long, with training managers, with the standard "what would you do if" and "give us an example of when" type questions. 2nd interview required a programmed workout, and a coaching session performed on the manager. Pretty straight forward. They were more concerned about my ability and willingness to learn than my experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide a workout and coaching session.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Group interview with squat assessment and practice programming for client with partner for client hoping to lose body fat. overall was friendly and nice, but beware an asian trainer can be vicious if you don't pay attention to her.

Certified Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Berkeley, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position directly from Equinox website. The following afternoon I was contacted for a phone interview that was scheduled for the next morning. The phone call was with a recruiter and followed basic questions about my resume. I had the opportunity to ask the recruiter questions about the process. I am now scheduled for an in person interview at Equinox in Berkeley.

Interview Questions

• What motivated me to apply at Equinox?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Miami, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

The phone interview was fairly easy. I was asked about the company and why I wanted to work there. He did a lot of explaining about what the job entailed. Then told me he would like me to come in for a second interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone Screening, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview

I started out talking to a recruiter from a career fair. The interview process was very straightforward and pretty easy. The interviewer missed our scheduled call the first time and had to reschedule, but was a very nice guy on the make-up interview. Same interviewer invited me to work out after the interview and I received an offer on the spot during my workout! The managers seemed very invested in making the interview process better for candidates, potentially because of some reviews that had me pretty scared prior to my positive interview experience.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Went in to fill out an application for the company and was greeted by much positive feedback. Management reached out to me shorty there after in regards to setting up an interview. I received notice that I was indeed considered for the position less than a week later.