Equinox Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.7

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

It was ridiculously easy because they will hire anyone. I studied months for my ACE personal training certification and they didn't even ask me one question about it. None of the people in my group of new hires had any kind of certification and they hired them anyway. They will hire any one. They toss a bunch of stuff at the wall and they see what sticks.

There was a quick phone interview...and in person interview...a group interview...and a job offer. There were probably 12 people in my group interview. I laughed to myself because some of them I felt did horrible during the interview...come to find out they hired EVERYONE. Doesn't hurt to take that chance when you are only paying $12 an hour and having members paying $200 a month. Not mad at them though. You can not knock the hustle.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with sales and building your own base of clients?   Answer Question
  • Are you okay with not making that much money for the first few months while you build your clientele?   Answer Question
  • Have you played any sports in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Equinox Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I was put on speaker phone (not very professional.) She was more interested in about her than getting to know me. Typical questions asked. It was weird though, first being on speaker phone, and then not really responding to the my answers. At one time there was a long pause after I answered a questions...as if she was doing something else and forgot I was on the phone. And this was in the very beginning of the interview. No need to work for a person like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process wasn't bad at all. Went in for my initial interview and got asked to come to a group interview. Group interview consisted of an icebreaker and a couple group "exercises" (we did not workout). It was real easy going and mostly they just want to know if you're knowledgeable and know what you're talking about. Not much in depth discussion about the position itself and how things are done there. Which seemed a little strange to leave that out unless anyone asked questions. That was the only downside. Thanks to Glassdoor was I able to learn more about the company though.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Phone screen, one in person meeting. Fairly easy process. Interviewed with managers, this is not really something to worry about if you have some previous experience as a personal trainer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your training style.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

Applied online and the regional recruiter reached out for an initial interview. The phone interview was very brief and informational. Went over my resume and was able to ask questions about the company, role and compensation. Then I was invited to an in-person interview at one of their clubs. Went over my resume and the position a little more in-depth. Finally, I was invited to a final group interview at the club that was in need of PT's. At the final interview, they test your communication by playing connect the dot, give you about 20 mins to write a workout for a case study and do a squat assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke on the phone with a recruiter first. After advising me of possible locations that would be hiring, he sent my application to them. The manger at the location then contacted me and we set up an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

i contacted an equinox job recruiter and she sent me a link to apply online then i received an email from a fitness manager to schedule a phone interview. after that i got an email for a 1:1 interview with herself and another fitness manager. then a group interview was done where we presented ourselves in workout clothes (still with great appearance)

Interview Questions

• what's your training style? how would you separate yourself from the other trainers? what's your availability ? if someone has a bad form on the floor, how would you approach them to get a sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

should have been 3 steps. the first being a phone interview, second a group interview, third with a general manager and gym manager. overall process took me over 2 months, which felt like it really dragged out.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Start from a call from campus recruiter, asking for general questions such as why Equinox, your journey to fitness. Then phone interview with personal training manager, this time questions were more specific, such as your training style, past experience and certifications. Then the manager invited me to do an in-person interview with him and the fitness manager. Same questions as previous stages. I guess they just want to make sure your appearance and personality fit the company. Final stage is a group interview. Start from a quick Ice-breaker, then movement analysis and ends up with programming. They'll ask every candidate to show 10 squats, while others evaluate and analyze the movement. They want you to show some basic knowledge of exercise. During the programming they'll give you some fake client and their health data. They will let you know the client's goal and ask you to design a 4-week program. You have to discuss with your teammates and finish in 15 minutes. After that is a presentation. Overall very interesting and relaxing interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically your salary depends on the sessions you do every week, so there's not a real negotiation phase. Just asked for how to make it faster to get to higher tiers.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview

This was an open group and informational session type of interview. It was essentially their "phone screening" interview process they would normally take. They introduced the company, explained the benefits, compensation, continuing education, etc. Had the opportunity to speak with current trainers. The next step would be for the 1-1 interview.