Equinox Fitness Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.6

Membership Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

it was fairly easy and straightforward they were really nice and helpful. Really resonated with the interviewer. At first it was a phone screening, then a face to face interview

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to an open house to interview after initially applying online. Interviewed with basic questions with General Manager who made it seem like more of comfortable and friendly conversation. Given an offer right after the interview and went through hiring paper work afterwards

Interview Questions

• What was a recent mistake you made and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Manager On Duty - the Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews. One with District Manager, One with the Assistant General Manager, and the last with the General Manager. The process was a long 2 weeks but was offered the job at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time where you had to correct an underperforming employee?   Answer Question

Assistant Regional Marketing Manager - SAN Francisco Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with HR for the first initial phone screen. Next, I did a phone interview with the hiring manager (The marketing manager). I felt like her and I really connected well and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview at the San Francisco office. I did a group interview with the hiring manager (marketing manager) and the director of marketing. The director and marketing manager flew in from LA that morning since they oversee the entire west coast. The interview was a little weird. They did not really ask me anything or tell me about the job duties.

I felt I could really add value by implementing a lot of ideas to help spread brand awareness. Their loss! I emailed them to thank them for the opportunity and never heard back. I emailed HR multiple times to follow-up on the status and they wrote back both times that "they were still going through the process". It's been over three months since I interviewed and I still have not heard on the status of the position.

I feel it's completely UNPROFESSIONAL of Equinox to not even respond back and update me on the status. It does not represent the brand well at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me about your experience? Why are you interested in Equinox? Do you have event planning experience?   Answer Question

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Equinox was great. The guy I interviewed with was so accommodating and made me really want to be a part of the Equinox team. In the end, the job was not right for me, but I did end up joining as a member!

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com and received an email from the general manager about 3 weeks later asking if I were still interested. When I went for my interview I met the general manager and the front desk manager. The interview was more of a chat about my background, and basic interview questions. Both managers seemed to have a strange energy between them, like as if they had a huge funny private joke between them and they were trying to keep from laughing. Constantly catching each other's eyes and grinning. Also, the manager almost laughed when I told him my expected salary. It was only 2 dollars more than they offered, yet he acted like I were asking for $50 a hour. That was very annoying and enough to make me not take the job when I were offered. That and the pay was brutal.

Interview Questions

Immature energy amongst staff, and pay was much lower than my desired amount.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, an interview with a general manager then the Regional Director. I thought they were friendly and professional through the process up until the end. They were very communicative until they decided to go with someone else. I waited 8 business days to follow up on the final interview and then was told I didn't get it. I understand it's not fun telling people they didn't get a job, but it is not professional to ignore them at the final stage. Company seemed to have good benefits, decent pay and possible upward mobility.

Interview Questions

• General situational i.e. tell me about a time you had a employee that was underperforming.
      The regional director interview seems less formal, I had a hard time reading him and the questions were more ideology.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for a sales associate position and was contacted for a phone interview. During the phone interview, the manager informed me I was interviewing for the position of child care attendant, to my surprise. As you can imagine, the interview didn't go great as I wasn't prepared to interview for this position.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

My initial interview was with the Fitness Manager and the Personal Training manager. In my second interview I was required to program a workout for another personal trainer. My third interview included the Membership Manager and the General Manager. I also had to fill out a personality evaluation.

Interview Questions

• Would I be ok with working long hours? Would I be ok with working for commission?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You don't negotiate. You're paid an hourly wage and a percentage of what is charged of each client.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equinox Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One of the most played out interview processes I have ever had, but in a good way. Last one was in-person in a small office with the PT manager and two trainers shooting out questions left and right. For an entry level position, it was great to see that they took the hiring process seriously. It ended on a light note before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Last question (after being asked to enter the room again): Tell me a joke.   1 Answer